Allow Meaning and Definition in Dictionary
Definitions from Wordnet 2.0
- allow or plan for a certain possibility; concede the truth or validity of something; "I allow for this possibility"; "The seamstress planned for 5% shrinkage after the first wash"
- give or assign a share of money or time to a particular person or cause; "I will earmark this money for your research"
- consent to, give permission; "She permitted her son to visit her estranged husband"; "I won''t let the police search her basement"; "I cannot allow you to see your exam"
- allow the presence of or allow (an activity) without opposing or prohibiting; "We don''t allow dogs here"; "Children are not permitted beyond this point"; "We cannot tolerate smoking in the hospital"
- let have; "grant permission"; "Mandela was allowed few visitors in prison"
- grant as a discount or in exchange; "The camera store owner allowed me $50 on my old camera"
- make it possible through a specific action or lack of action for something to happen; "This permits the water to rush in"; "This sealed door won''t allow the water come into the basement"; "This will permit the rain to run off"
- allow the other (baseball) team to score; "give up a run"
- make a possibility or provide opportunity for; permit to be attainable or cause to remain; "This leaves no room for improvement"; "The evidence allows only one conclusion"; "allow for mistakes"; "leave lots of time for the trip"; "This procedure provides
- afford possibility; "This problem admits of no solution"; "This short story allows of several different interpretations"
Would you like to add your own explaination to this word 'Allow'?
Wikipedia Meaning and Definition on 'Allow'
- Allow: for Allow in Wikipedia to check for alternative titles or spellings. You may want to read Wiktionary's entry on "allow" instead. Start the Allow article
- ...Allow Us to Be Frank: ...