Aggressive Meaning and Definition in Dictionary
Definitions from Wordnet 2.0
- having or showing determination and energetic pursuit of your ends; "an aggressive businessman"; "an aggressive basketball player"; "he was aggressive and imperious; positive in his convictions"; "aggressive drivers"
- marked by aggressive ambition and energy and initiative; "an aggressive young exective"; "a pushful insurance agent"; "a pushing youth intent on getting on in the world"
- characteristic of an enemy or one eager to fight; "aggressive acts against another country"; "a belligerent tone"
- tending to spread quickly; "an aggressive tumor"
Would you like to add your own explaination to this word 'Aggressive'?
Aggressive Meaning and Definition in Wikipedia
Aggression refers to behavior between members of the same species that is intended to cause humiliation, pain, or harm.
Ferguson and Beaver defined aggressive behavior as "Behavior which is intended to increase the social dominance of the organism relative to the dominance position of other organisms”
Aggression takes a variety of forms among humans and can be physical, mental, or verbal.
There are two types of aggression - hostile, affective aggression and instrumental, predatory, or goal-oriented aggression.
Words and phrases related to 'Aggressive'
'Aggressive' example sentence in quotations
Click here for more related quotations on 'Aggressive'
Aggressive Sample Sentences in News
- After speech, Obama launches 'aggressive sales job' on immigration action
President Obama is going to undertake a “very aggressive sales job” on the executive action he took on immigration, even while leaving the door open for a potential deal with Republicans in Congress, says his senior adviser, Dan Pfeiffer. Read more on this news related to 'Aggressive'
- Pfeiffer: W.H. to launch 'very aggressive sales job' on immigration
The White House is planning a "very aggressive sales job" that will involve the Vice President, cabinet members and travel across the nation for President Barack Obama's executive action on immigration, a top White House aide said Friday. Read more on this news related to 'Aggressive'
- Australia should be prepared to face aggressive India: Virat Kohli
"First priority is to be positive and aggressive and then dictate terms when we can," said Kohli. Read more on this news related to 'Aggressive'