Aggressive Meaning and Definition in Dictionary
Definitions from Wordnet 2.0
- having or showing determination and energetic pursuit of your ends; "an aggressive businessman"; "an aggressive basketball player"; "he was aggressive and imperious; positive in his convictions"; "aggressive drivers"
- marked by aggressive ambition and energy and initiative; "an aggressive young exective"; "a pushful insurance agent"; "a pushing youth intent on getting on in the world"
- characteristic of an enemy or one eager to fight; "aggressive acts against another country"; "a belligerent tone"
- tending to spread quickly; "an aggressive tumor"
Would you like to add your own explaination to this word 'Aggressive'?
Aggressive Meaning and Definition in Wikipedia
Aggression refers to behavior between members of the same species that is intended to cause humiliation, pain, or harm.
Ferguson and Beaver defined aggressive behavior as "Behavior which is intended to increase the social dominance of the organism relative to the dominance position of other organisms”
Aggression takes a variety of forms among humans and can be physical, mental, or verbal.
There are two types of aggression - hostile, affective aggression and instrumental, predatory, or goal-oriented aggression.
Words and phrases related to 'Aggressive'
'Aggressive' example sentence in quotations
Click here for more related quotations on 'Aggressive'
Aggressive Sample Sentences in News
- OPKO Launches the 4Kscore Test in Mexico
OPKO Health, Inc. today announced the launch of the 4Kscore® test, the only blood test that accurately identifies risk for aggressive prostate cancer, in Mexico through its wholly owned subsidiary, OPKO Health Mexico. Read more on this news related to 'Aggressive'
- Richard Childress says Keselowski and Earnhardt are two of a kind
Team owner Richard Childress does not believe Team Penske's Brad Keselowski is being too aggressive on the track, instead comparing him to seven-time Sprint Cup Series champion and fan-favorite Dale Earnhardt. Read more on this news related to 'Aggressive'
- S&P Dow Jones Planning ‘Aggressive’ Expansion of Bond Indexes
S&P Dow Jones Indices LLC is planning an “aggressive” expansion of its fixed-income index business, saying it’s tapping into demand for benchmarks not controlled by bond dealers. Read more on this news related to 'Aggressive'