Aggressive Meaning and Definition in Dictionary
Definitions from Wordnet 2.0
- having or showing determination and energetic pursuit of your ends; "an aggressive businessman"; "an aggressive basketball player"; "he was aggressive and imperious; positive in his convictions"; "aggressive drivers"
- marked by aggressive ambition and energy and initiative; "an aggressive young exective"; "a pushful insurance agent"; "a pushing youth intent on getting on in the world"
- characteristic of an enemy or one eager to fight; "aggressive acts against another country"; "a belligerent tone"
- tending to spread quickly; "an aggressive tumor"
Would you like to add your own explaination to this word 'Aggressive'?
Aggressive Meaning and Definition in Wikipedia
Aggression refers to behavior between members of the same species that is intended to cause humiliation, pain, or harm.
Ferguson and Beaver defined aggressive behavior as "Behavior which is intended to increase the social dominance of the organism relative to the dominance position of other organisms”
Aggression takes a variety of forms among humans and can be physical, mental, or verbal.
There are two types of aggression - hostile, affective aggression and instrumental, predatory, or goal-oriented aggression.
Words and phrases related to 'Aggressive'
'Aggressive' example sentence in quotations
Click here for more related quotations on 'Aggressive'
Aggressive Sample Sentences in News
- Aggressive drivers in Chesco to be targeted
CHESTER COUNTY Aggressive drivers to be targeted WEST CHESTER More than 340 municipal law enforcement agencies throughout the state, including 13 in Chester County, are joining the Pennsylvania State Police in targeting aggressive drivers in an initiative that runs through Nov. 22. Read more on this news related to 'Aggressive'
- Langer to be aggressive in Champions Tour finale
Bernhard Langer can afford to take an aggressive approach in the Champions Tour's Charles Schwab Cup Championship. The 57-year-old German star wrapped up the Charles Schwab Cup points title Sunday in San Antonio, taking a lot of the drama out of the season-ending event that begins Thursday at Desert Mountain. ''There's still a lot to play for becau Read more on this news related to 'Aggressive'
- QB Bo Wallace wants Ole Miss to be more aggressive on offense
Wallace didn't think the Rebels were aggressive enough during last week's loss to LSU. Read more on this news related to 'Aggressive'