Dictionary Meaning and Definition on 'Abomination'
Abomination Meaning and Definition from WordNet (r) 2.0
- a person who is loathsome or disgusting
- hate coupled with disgust [syn: abhorrence, detestation, execration, loathing, odium]
- an action that is vicious or vile; an action that arouses disgust or abhorence; "his treatment of the children is an abomination"
- Abomination \A*bom`i*na"tion\, n. [OE. abominacioun, -cion, F.
abominatio. See Abominate.]
- The feeling of extreme disgust and hatred; abhorrence; detestation; loathing; as, he holds tobacco in abomination.
- That which is abominable; anything hateful, wicked, or shamefully vile; an object or state that excites disgust and hatred; a hateful or shameful vice; pollution. Antony, most large in his abominations. --Shak.
- A cause of pollution or wickedness. Syn: Detestation; loathing; abhorrence; disgust; aversion; loathsomeness; odiousness. --Sir W. Scott.
Wikipedia Meaning and Definition on 'Abomination'
- Abomination: Abomination may refer to: Abomination (Bible), covering Biblical references. Abomination, a Vampire/Werewolf hybrid from the game Werewolf: ...
- Abomination (comics): The Abomination (Emil Blonsky) is a fictional character , a supervillain - that appears in comic book s published by Marvel Comics . ...
- Abomination (Bible): Abomination (from Latin abominari , "to deprecate as an ill omen") is an English term used to translate the Biblical Hebrew terms ...
- Abomination (Dune): Abomination, in the context of the Dune series written by Frank Herbert , refers to one who acquires full consciousness as a fetus as a ...
- Abomination (Dungeons & Dragons): In the Dungeons & Dragons fantasy role-playing game , abominations are the unwanted offspring of a deity and some other being. ...
- Abomination (novel): Abomination (1998) is a novel by writer Robert Swindells . It deals with themes of religious extremism, adolescence, bullying, and ...
- United Abominations: United Abominations is the eleventh studio album by the American heavy metal band Megadeth . United Abominations is the first Megadeth ...
- Abomination of Desolation: The abomination of desolation (or desolating sacrilege) is a term found in the Hebrew Bible , in the book of Daniel . It also occurs in ...
- Ten Abominations: The Ten Abominations (十惡) were a list of offenses under traditional Chinese law which were regarded as the most abhorrent, and which ...
Words and phrases related to 'Abomination'
Abomination Sample Sentences in News
- S Sudan attacks 'an abomination'
The massacre of hundreds of civilians in South Sudan is an "abomination" and a betrayal of the people by their leaders, the White House says. Read more on this news related to 'Abomination'
- South Sudan Genocide an Abomination and Betrayal, Says Washington
The ongoing genocide in South Sudan is an "abomination" and "betrayal" of the people by their leaders, the White House has said. The US statement comes a few days after rebels attacked Unity State capital Bentiu, killing hundreds of civilians, including women and children. "We are horrified by reports out of South Sudan that fighters alig Read more on this news related to 'Abomination'
- Washington calls S.Sudan violence an 'abomination'
The White House expressed horror at what it called the "abomination" of spiralling violence in South Sudan's civil war, where rebels have been accused of massacring hundreds of civilians. Read more on this news related to 'Abomination'