Abnormal Meaning and Definition in Dictionary
Definitions from Wordnet 2.0
- much greater than the normal; "abnormal profits"; "abnormal ambition"
- not normal; not typical or usual or regular or conforming to a norm; "abnormal powers of concentration"; "abnormal amounts of rain"; "abnormal circumstances"; "an abnormal interest in food"
- departing from the normal in e.g. intelligence and development; "they were heartbroken when they learned their child was abnormal"; "an abnormal personality"
Would you like to add your own explaination to this word 'Abnormal'?
Wikipedia Meaning and Definition on 'Abnormal'
- Abnormality (behavior): (disambiguation). "Abnormal" redirects here. For the albums, see Abnormal (Bumblefoot album) and Abnormal (Bacil & Rakby album). Abnormality (or dysfunctional
- ICD-10 Chapter XVIII: Symptoms, signs and abnormal clinical and laboratory findings: Problems 10th Revision (ICD-10) is a coding of diseases and signs, symptoms, abnormal findings, complaints, social circumstances and external causes of injury
- Journal of Abnormal Psychology: The Journal of Abnormal Psychology is a peer-reviewed academic journal published by the American Psychological Association (APA). The journal has been
- Abnormal return: In finance, an abnormal return is the difference between the actual return of a security and the expected return. Abnormal returns are sometimes triggered
- Abnormal end: An ABEND (also abnormal end or abend) is an abnormal termination of software, or a program crash. This usage derives from an error message from the IBM
- Craniofacial abnormality: "Orafacial abnormality" redirects here. For other orofacial abnormalities, see Mouth disease. Craniofacial abnormalities are congenital musculoskeletal
- Abnormal behaviour of birds in captivity: Abnormal behaviour of birds in captivity can be defined in several ways. Statistically, 'abnormal' is when the occurrence, frequency or intensity of a
- Abnormal (Bumblefoot album): Abnormal is the eighth studio album by recording artist Ron "Bumblefoot" Thal, released in July 2008. Abnormal is Thal's first solo release as a member
Words and phrases related to 'Abnormal'
Abnormal Sample Sentences in News
- Site Last Updated 12:29 am, Monday
PATIENTS with abnormal heart rhythms now have a less invasive option to save them from sudden cardiac death. Known as the subcutaneous implantable cardioverter defibrillator system (S-ICD), this life-saving procedure was introduced by doctors at the National Heart Centre Singapore (NHCS). Read more on this news related to 'Abnormal'
- Researchers pinpoint possible protein culprit behind Alzheimer's
Abnormal tau protein collecting in the brain may be the main cause of Alzheimer's disease, a new study claims. Read more on this news related to 'Abnormal'
- Study demonstrates abnormal vitamin D levels in more than one-third of elite NCAA Division I athletes
A new study presented today at the 2015 Annual Meeting of the American Academy of Orthopaedic Surgeons found that more than one-third of elite, Division I college athletes may have low levels of vitamin D, which is critical in helping the body to absorb calcium needed to maintain bone mass, and to minimize musculoskeletal pain and injury risk. Read more on this news related to 'Abnormal'