Abnormal Meaning and Definition in Dictionary
Definitions from Wordnet 2.0
- much greater than the normal; "abnormal profits"; "abnormal ambition"
- not normal; not typical or usual or regular or conforming to a norm; "abnormal powers of concentration"; "abnormal amounts of rain"; "abnormal circumstances"; "an abnormal interest in food"
- departing from the normal in e.g. intelligence and development; "they were heartbroken when they learned their child was abnormal"; "an abnormal personality"
Would you like to add your own explaination to this word 'Abnormal'?
Wikipedia Meaning and Definition on 'Abnormal'
- Abnormality (behavior): (disambiguation). "Abnormal" redirects here. For the albums, see Abnormal (Bumblefoot album) and Abnormal (Bacil & Rakby album). Abnormality (or dysfunctional
- ICD-10 Chapter XVIII: Symptoms, signs and abnormal clinical and laboratory findings: Problems 10th Revision (ICD-10) is a coding of diseases and signs, symptoms, abnormal findings, complaints, social circumstances and external causes of injury
- Abnormal return: In finance, an abnormal return is the difference between the actual return of a security and the expected return. Abnormal returns are sometimes triggered
- Journal of Abnormal Psychology: The Journal of Abnormal Psychology is a peer-reviewed academic journal published by the American Psychological Association (APA). The journal has been
- Craniofacial abnormality: "Orafacial abnormality" redirects here. For other orofacial abnormalities, see Mouth disease. Craniofacial abnormalities are congenital musculoskeletal
- Abnormal behaviour of birds in captivity: Abnormal behaviour of birds in captivity can be defined in several ways. Statistically, 'abnormal' is when the occurrence, frequency or intensity of a
- Abnormal subgroup: In mathematics, in the field of group theory, an abnormal subgroup is a subgroup H of a group G such that for every x ∈ G, x lies in the subgroup generated
- Abnormal psychology: Abnormal psychology is the branch of psychology that studies unusual patterns of behavior, emotion and thought, which may or may not be understood as precipitating
- Musculoskeletal abnormality: A musculoskeletal abnormality is a disorder of the musculoskeletal system present at birth. They can be due to deformity or malformation. An example is
Words and phrases related to 'Abnormal'
Abnormal Sample Sentences in News
- Abnormal load travelling through Weymouth on Tuesday
POLICE will help escort an abnormal load from Portland to Poole tomorrow. Read more on this news related to 'Abnormal'
- Some Painkillers Tied to Bleeding Risk in Those With Abnormal Heartbeat
Title: Some Painkillers Tied to Bleeding Risk in Those With Abnormal Heartbeat Category: Health News Created: 11/17/2014 12:00:00 AM Last Editorial Review: 11/18/2014 12:00:00 AM Read more on this news related to 'Abnormal'
- Motor coordination issues in autism are caused by abnormal neural connections
Abnormal connections between neurons are the likely cause of motor coordination issues seen in autism spectrum disorder. Using a mouse model of autism, scientists identified a malfunctioning neural circuit associated with reduced capacity for motor learning. This appears to arise from an inability to eliminate unneeded neural connections in the brain. Read more on this news related to 'Abnormal'