Zouave Meaning and Definition in Dictionary
Would you like to add your own explaination to this word 'Zouave'?
Wikipedia Meaning and Definition on 'Zouave'
- Zouave: The Zouaves (French pronunciation: [zwav]) were a class of light infantry regiments of the French Army serving between 1830 and 1962 and linked to French
- Papal Zouaves: The Papal Zouaves (Italian: Zuavi Pontifici) were an infantry force formed in defence of the Papal States. The Zouaves evolved out of a unit formed by
- USS Zouave (1861): USS Zouave (1861) was a steamer acquired by the Union Navy during the American Civil War. She was needed by the Navy to be part of the fleet of ships to
- The Zouave: The Zouave is the subject of two paintings made by Vincent van Gogh in Arles. Van Gogh was excited to have a model for a portrait, and painted two of the
- Zouave jacket: A Zouave jacket is a short open fronted jacket with long sleeves, similar to that historically worn by Zouaves. It was a popular women's fashion in the
- 8th Zouaves Regiment: The 8th Zouaves Regiment (French: 8e Régiment de Zouaves , 8e R.Z) was a French infantry unit of the French Army. Created in 1914, the unit was designated
- Zouaves of Death: sergeant in the French Zouaves. He based his formation on the French Zouaves, in which he had served during the Crimean War. The Zouaves of Death were highly