Yoruba Meaning and Definition in Dictionary
Definitions from Wordnet 2.0
- a Kwa language spoken by the Yoruba people in southwestern Nigeria
- a member of a West African people living chiefly in southwestern Nigeria
Definitions from Wiktionary
- a member of a West African people living chiefly in southwestern Nigeria ,
- a Kwa language spoken by the Yoruba in southwestern Nigeria
Would you like to add your own explaination to this word 'Yoruba'?
Yoruba Meaning and Definition in Wikipedia
ca. 38 million
Yoruba is an ethnic group of people living in Africa. They live on the west coast of Africa, mostly Nigeria and Ghana.
Yoruba Sample Sentences in News
- Ladele’s death digs hole in Yoruba literature
The death of Yoruba writer, Thomas Ladele, brings to fore the dwindling fortunes of Yoruba culture and language, AKEEM LASISI writes Death widened the gap in Yoruba Literature recently when Pa Thomas Ladele, popularly known in the cultural sector as TAA Ladele, passed on. Students and lovers of Yoruba Literature will remember novels such as... [Read More...] Read more on this news related to 'Yoruba'
- Afenifere cautions Kwara govt over Yoruba rulers
The Afenifere Renewal Group has protested an alleged disrespect for Yoruba traditional institutions by the Governor Abdulfatah Ahmed-led Kwara State government. The Kwara State chapter of the group, in a petition to the Commissioner for Local Government and Chieftaincy Affairs, Abdullahi Shaaba Umar, and the Speaker of the state House of Assembly, Razak Atunwa, sa Read more on this news related to 'Yoruba'
- Jonathan sidelines Yoruba in key appointments -Akande
A national leader and former chairman of the All Progressives Congress, Chief Bisi Akande, has said President Goodluck Jonathan is marginalising the Yoruba in all constitutional appointments in the country. He also pointed out that the president had not hidden his disdain for Yoruba leaders, who have any views contrary to his own. Akande said... [Read More...] Read more on this news related to 'Yoruba'