Wolfram Meaning and Definition in Dictionary
Definitions from Wordnet 2.0
- a heavy gray-white metallic element; the pure form is used mainly in electrical applications; it is found in several ores including wolframite and scheelite
Definitions from Wiktionary
- a heavy grey-white metallic element; the pure form is used mainly in electrical applications; it is found in several ores including wolframite and scheelite
Would you like to add your own explaination to this word 'Wolfram'?
Wolfram Meaning and Definition in Wikipedia
Tungsten (sometimes named wolfram) is a chemical element. It has the chemical symbol W. It has the atomic number 74. It is a metal. The colour of the metal is steel-gray to white. In chemistry it is placed in a group of metal elements named the transition metals. Tungsten is found in several ores. Two ores which have tungsten in them are wolframite and scheelite.
Tungsten has a higher melting point than any other non-alloy that exists. The pure form (only tungsten) is mainly used for electrical uses. Its compounds and alloys are used for many things. Their most well known use is in light bulb filaments. It is also used as the filament and target in most X-ray tubes and also in superalloys. It is also used in glass to metal seals.
Wolfram Sample Sentences in News
- Versal and Wolfram Research Partner to Bring World-Class Wolfram Technology to the Versal Course Creation Platform
Versal, a new way for anyone to create engaging online learning experiences, and Wolfram Research, one of the world's most respected computer, web, and cloud software companies, today announced a partnership ... Read more on this news related to 'Wolfram'
- Wolfram's New SystemModeler Version Brings New Capabilities
CHAMPAIGN, Ill., March 26, 2015 /PRNewswire/ -- With today's release of SystemModeler 4.1, Wolfram is unveiling the next iteration of features in an easy-to-use modeling and simulation environment for cyber-physical systems. "Today we are proud to announce the release of Wolfram... Read more on this news related to 'Wolfram'
- Wolfram Fractals Reference App
Like fractals? Want to know more about them? The Wolfram Fractals Reference App is a handy reference you can take with you wherever... Read more on this news related to 'Wolfram'