Dictionary Meaning and Definition on 'Wolfram'
Wolfram Meaning and Definition from WordNet (r) 2.0
n : a heavy gray-white metallic element; the pure form is used
mainly in electrical applications; it is found in several
ores including wolframite and scheelite [syn: tungsten,
W, atomic number 74]
- Wolfram \Wol"fram\, n. [G.] (Min.)
Same as Wolframite.
- Wolframite \Wol"fram*ite\, n. [G., wolframit, wolfram; wolf wolf
+ rahm cream, soot; cf. G. wolfsruss wolfram, lit., wolf's
Tungstate of iron and manganese, generally of a brownish or
grayish black color, submetallic luster, and high specific
gravity. It occurs in cleavable masses, and also
crystallized. Called also wolfram.
Wikipedia Meaning and Definition on 'Wolfram'
- Wolfram: Wolfram may refer to: People. Wulfram of Sens (c. 640-703), Merovingian saint. Wolfram von Eschenbach (1170–1220), German writer- ...
- Stephen Wolfram: Stephen Wolfram (born 29 August 1959) is a British physicist , software developer , mathematician , author and businessman , known for ...
- Wolfram von Eschenbach: Wolfram von Eschenbach (c. 1170 – c. 1220) was a German knight and poet , regarded as one of the greatest epic poets of his time. ...
- Herwig Wolfram: Herwig Wolfram (14 February 1934, Vienna ) is an Austrian historian . Professor emeritus at the University of Vienna , from 1983 until ...
- Wolframite: The name comes from German Wolfram for tungsten and provides the chemical symbol, W, for tungsten. Use: Wolframite was highly valued as the ...
- Wolfram Alpha: Wolfram Alpha (styled Wolfram | Alpha) is an answer engine developed by Wolfram Research . March 2009 by Stephen Wolfram , and was released ...
- Wolfram Demonstrations Project: The Wolfram Demonstrations Project is hosted by Wolfram Research , whose stated goal is to bring computational exploration to the widest ...
Words and phrases related to 'Wolfram'
Wolfram Sample Sentences in News
- Charles J. Wolfram Jr., plumbing firm co-owner, dies
Mr. Wolfram was a co-owner of WW Plumbing in Alexandria from 1978 to 2006. Read more on this news related to 'Wolfram'
- Wolfram Claims New Language Completely Changes Programming
Stephen Wolfram, the mathematical genius behind the company Wolfram Research, has announced a new programming language known as "Wolfram." In a sense, Wolfram isn't really new, because it's the backbone of the Mathematica and Wolfram Alpha applications. Read more on this news related to 'Wolfram'
- Wolfram Language Demo Impresses
theodp writes "The devil will be in the details, but if you were stoked about last November's announcement of the Wolfram programming language, you'll be pleased to know that a just-released dry-but-insanely-great demo delivered by Stephen Wolfram does not disappoint. Even if you're not in love with the syntax or are a FOSS devotee, you'll fin Read more on this news related to 'Wolfram'