Dictionary Meaning and Definition on 'Wolfram'
Wolfram Meaning and Definition from WordNet (r) 2.0
n : a heavy gray-white metallic element; the pure form is used
mainly in electrical applications; it is found in several
ores including wolframite and scheelite [syn: tungsten,
W, atomic number 74]
- Wolfram \Wol"fram\, n. [G.] (Min.)
Same as Wolframite.
- Wolframite \Wol"fram*ite\, n. [G., wolframit, wolfram; wolf wolf
+ rahm cream, soot; cf. G. wolfsruss wolfram, lit., wolf's
Tungstate of iron and manganese, generally of a brownish or
grayish black color, submetallic luster, and high specific
gravity. It occurs in cleavable masses, and also
crystallized. Called also wolfram.
Wikipedia Meaning and Definition on 'Wolfram'
- Wolfram: Wolfram may refer to: People. Wulfram of Sens (c. 640-703), Merovingian saint. Wolfram von Eschenbach (1170–1220), German writer- ...
- Stephen Wolfram: Stephen Wolfram (born 29 August 1959) is a British physicist , software developer , mathematician , author and businessman , known for ...
- Wolfram von Eschenbach: Wolfram von Eschenbach (c. 1170 – c. 1220) was a German knight and poet , regarded as one of the greatest epic poets of his time. ...
- Herwig Wolfram: Herwig Wolfram (14 February 1934, Vienna ) is an Austrian historian . Professor emeritus at the University of Vienna , from 1983 until ...
- Wolframite: The name comes from German Wolfram for tungsten and provides the chemical symbol, W, for tungsten. Use: Wolframite was highly valued as the ...
- Wolfram Alpha: Wolfram Alpha (styled Wolfram | Alpha) is an answer engine developed by Wolfram Research . March 2009 by Stephen Wolfram , and was released ...
- Wolfram Demonstrations Project: The Wolfram Demonstrations Project is hosted by Wolfram Research , whose stated goal is to bring computational exploration to the widest ...
Words and phrases related to 'Wolfram'
Wolfram Sample Sentences in News
- Wolfram fortifies SystemModeler with more libraries
Hydraulic actuators, battery stacks, biochemical systems and disease propagation are but a few things that now can be modeled more easily, thanks to a number of libraries and a library store that Wolfram Research has created for a new edition of its SystemModeler software package. Wolfram SystemModeler 4.0, also comes with improved interfaces for building models, Read more on this news related to 'Wolfram'
- Wolfram's Mathematica 10 connects math to the cloud
Wednesday afternoon, Wolfram Research debuted Mathematica 10, the first iteration of the company’s signature program to tap into both the company’s Wolfram programming language and the power of the cloud. In 1988, Wolfram debuted the original Mathematica, a program to allow anyone from high school students to professors to translate mathematical equations from Read more on this news related to 'Wolfram'
- Professor encourages language equality
Walt Wolfram, a linguistics professor, has been receiving attention for his studies and was recently quoted in a Washington Post article. His current studies are focused on D.C. dialects. Read more on this news related to 'Wolfram'