Dictionary Meaning and Definition on 'Wolfram'
Wolfram Meaning and Definition from WordNet (r) 2.0
n : a heavy gray-white metallic element; the pure form is used
mainly in electrical applications; it is found in several
ores including wolframite and scheelite [syn: tungsten,
W, atomic number 74]
- Wolfram \Wol"fram\, n. [G.] (Min.)
Same as Wolframite.
- Wolframite \Wol"fram*ite\, n. [G., wolframit, wolfram; wolf wolf
+ rahm cream, soot; cf. G. wolfsruss wolfram, lit., wolf's
Tungstate of iron and manganese, generally of a brownish or
grayish black color, submetallic luster, and high specific
gravity. It occurs in cleavable masses, and also
crystallized. Called also wolfram.
Wikipedia Meaning and Definition on 'Wolfram'
- Wolfram: Wolfram may refer to: People. Wulfram of Sens (c. 640-703), Merovingian saint. Wolfram von Eschenbach (1170–1220), German writer- ...
- Stephen Wolfram: Stephen Wolfram (born 29 August 1959) is a British physicist , software developer , mathematician , author and businessman , known for ...
- Wolfram von Eschenbach: Wolfram von Eschenbach (c. 1170 – c. 1220) was a German knight and poet , regarded as one of the greatest epic poets of his time. ...
- Herwig Wolfram: Herwig Wolfram (14 February 1934, Vienna ) is an Austrian historian . Professor emeritus at the University of Vienna , from 1983 until ...
- Wolframite: The name comes from German Wolfram for tungsten and provides the chemical symbol, W, for tungsten. Use: Wolframite was highly valued as the ...
- Wolfram Alpha: Wolfram Alpha (styled Wolfram | Alpha) is an answer engine developed by Wolfram Research . March 2009 by Stephen Wolfram , and was released ...
- Wolfram Demonstrations Project: The Wolfram Demonstrations Project is hosted by Wolfram Research , whose stated goal is to bring computational exploration to the widest ...