Windfall Meaning and Definition in Dictionary
Definitions from Wordnet 2.0
- a sudden happening that brings good fortune (as a sudden opportunity to make money); "the demand for testing has created a boom for those unregulated laboratories where boxes of specimen jars are processed lik an assembly line"
- fruit that has fallen from the tree
Definitions from Wiktionary
- fruit that has fallen from the tree ,
- a sudden happening that brings good fortune (as a sudden opportunity to make money); "the demand for testing has created a boom for those unregulated laboratories where boxes of specimen jars are processed like an assembly line"
Would you like to add your own explaination to this word 'Windfall'?
Wikipedia Meaning and Definition on 'Windfall'
- Windfall: In common usage, a windfall often refers to a windfall gain, the unexpected receipt of something of high value, or a piece of fruit that has fallen from
- Windfall gain: A windfall gain (or windfall profit) is any type of income that is unexpected. The list of windfall gains includes, but is not limited to: Gains from
- Windfall (sculpture): Windfall is a public art work by Canadian artist Robert Murray located at the Lynden Sculpture Garden near Milwaukee, Wisconsin. The sculpture is an abstract
- The Poet's Windfall: The Poet's Windfall is a 1918 British silent drama film directed by Henry Edwards and starring Edwards, John MacAndrews and Chrissie White. Henry Edwards
- Windfall (1935 film): For other uses, see Windfall. Windfall is a 1935 British drama film adapted by Jack Celestin and Randall Faye from the R. C. Sherriff play of the same
- Windfall profits tax: A windfall profits tax is a higher tax rate on profits that ensue from a sudden windfall gain to a particular company or industry. In the United Kingdom
- Windfall Records: Windfall Records was a record label started in 1969 and stopped in 1974. Windfall was first distributed by Bell Records. From 1972 until 1974 it was distributed
- Windfall, Indiana: Windfall is a town in Wildcat Township, Tipton County, Indiana, United States. It is part of the Kokomo, Indiana, Metropolitan Statistical Area. Windfall's
- Windfall (comics): Windfall is a fictional character and reformed supervillain in the DC Comics universe. She first appeared in Batman and the Outsiders #9, written by Mike
- Windfall tax: A Windfall tax or Windfall profits tax is a taxation of profits by a company. Specific legislation includes: Windfall tax (Australia) Windfall tax (Mongolia)
Words and phrases related to 'Windfall'
Windfall Sample Sentences in News
- 3 Things to Do When a Bunch of Money Falls in Your Lap
An unexpected inheritance or other windfall can have a lasting impact on your finances if you handle it wisely. Read more on this news related to 'Windfall'
- Super Bowl Windfall Not Paying Off For Phoenix Business Owners
PHOENIX -- Fred Verbeke expected Super Bowl week to produce a windfall for his burgeoning local eatery. Opened in 2013, his Chocolade van Brugge Belgian chocolate shop, located in Scottsdale’s posh Fifth Avenue shopping district, has steadily gained new customers and grown to include a staff of five people. Verbeke had scheduled that staff for extra shifts to ac Read more on this news related to 'Windfall'
- Windfall now offers WellCloudMD with Teladoc online wellness solutions for small businesses and associations
CAPE CORAL, Fla., Jan. 14, 2015 /PRNewswire/ -- Windfall, Inc., a group purchasing organization providing discounts to small businesses and associations, now offers Teladoc, a service of WellCloudMD online wellness solutions, to its members. Teladoc, founded in 2002, is the first and largest telehealth provider in the U.S., serving more than nine million members Read more on this news related to 'Windfall'