Windfall Meaning and Definition in Dictionary
Definitions from Wordnet 2.0
- a sudden happening that brings good fortune (as a sudden opportunity to make money); "the demand for testing has created a boom for those unregulated laboratories where boxes of specimen jars are processed lik an assembly line"
- fruit that has fallen from the tree
Definitions from Wiktionary
- fruit that has fallen from the tree ,
- a sudden happening that brings good fortune (as a sudden opportunity to make money); "the demand for testing has created a boom for those unregulated laboratories where boxes of specimen jars are processed like an assembly line"
Would you like to add your own explaination to this word 'Windfall'?
Wikipedia Meaning and Definition on 'Windfall'
- Windfall: Windfall may refer to: Windfall (1935 film), adaptation of R. C. Sherriff's 1933 play, directed by Frederick Hayward and George King Windfall (1955
- Windfall gain: A windfall gain (or windfall profit) is any type of usually high or abundant income that is sudden and/or unexpected. Examples of windfall gains include
- Windfall (sculpture): Windfall is a public art work by Canadian artist Robert Murray located at the Lynden Sculpture Garden near Milwaukee, Wisconsin. The sculpture is an abstract
- Windfall profits tax: A windfall profits tax is a higher tax rate on profits that ensue from a sudden windfall gain to a particular company or industry. In the United Kingdom
- The Poet's Windfall: The Poet's Windfall is a 1918 British silent drama film directed by Henry Edwards and starring Edwards, John MacAndrews and Chrissie White. Henry Edwards
- Windfall (1935 film): For other uses, see Windfall. Windfall is a 1935 British drama film adapted by Jack Celestin and Randall Faye from the R. C. Sherriff play of the same
- Windfall (comics): Windfall is a fictional character and reformed supervillain in the DC Comics universe. She first appeared in Batman and the Outsiders #9, written by Mike
- Windfall Records: Windfall Records was a record label started in 1969 and stopped in 1974. Windfall was first distributed by Bell Records. From 1972 until 1974 it was distributed
- Windfall (TV series): For other uses, see Windfall (disambiguation). Windfall is an American television serial drama about a group of people in an unnamed small city who win
- Windfall tax: A Windfall tax or Windfall profits tax is a taxation of profits by a company. Specific legislation includes: Windfall tax (Australia) Windfall tax (Mongolia)
Words and phrases related to 'Windfall'