Dictionary Meaning and Definition on 'Wincing'
Wincing Meaning and Definition from Webster's Revised Unabridged Dictionary (1913)
- Wince \Wince\, v. i. [imp. & p. p. Winced; p. pr. & vb. n.
Wincing.] [OE. wincen, winchen, OF. quencir, guenchir,
guenchier, giencier, guinchier, and (assumed) winchier,
winchir, to give way, to turn aside, fr. OHG. wankjan,
wenken, to give way, to waver, fr. winchan to turn aside, to
nod, akin to E. wink. See Wink.]
- To shrink, as from a blow, or from pain; to flinch; to start back. I will not stir, nor wince, nor speak a word. --Shak.
- To kick or flounce when unsteady, or impatient at a rider; as, a horse winces.
- Wincing \Win"cing\, n.
The act of washing cloth, dipping it in dye, etc., with a
(a) A wince. --Ure.
(b) A succession of winces. See Wince. --Knight.
Wikipedia Meaning and Definition on 'Wincing'
- Wincing the Night Away: com/article/record_review/40605-wincing-the-night-away 1/22/07 ... Wincing the Night Away is a Grammy -nominated album by indie rock group The ...
Words and phrases related to 'Wincing'
Wincing Sample Sentences in News
- Superman Proves He’s Superman By Hardly Wincing During The Ice Bucket Challenge
Henry Cavill and Amy Adams get doused multiple times Read more on this news related to 'Wincing'
- O’Donoghue left wincing at Gooch attack
All Star Kerry forward James O’Donoghue has admitted RTÉ pundit Martin McHugh "did me no favours" with his two-trick pony comment about Colm Cooper. Read more on this news related to 'Wincing'
- National Orgasm Day 2014: Everything You Need To Know About Your Sex Face
Are you a Smiling Sarah, a Wincing William, a Gormless Gertrude or an Over-excited Oliver? We're talking orgasms , or more specifically, orgasm faces. It's National Orgasm Day, and we're wondering why some people have such crazy facial expressions when they reach the 'Big O.' We asked sexpert Annabel Knight to explain all... What do people’s Read more on this news related to 'Wincing'