Dictionary Meaning and Definition on 'Wincing'
Wincing Meaning and Definition from Webster's Revised Unabridged Dictionary (1913)
- Wince \Wince\, v. i. [imp. & p. p. Winced; p. pr. & vb. n.
Wincing.] [OE. wincen, winchen, OF. quencir, guenchir,
guenchier, giencier, guinchier, and (assumed) winchier,
winchir, to give way, to turn aside, fr. OHG. wankjan,
wenken, to give way, to waver, fr. winchan to turn aside, to
nod, akin to E. wink. See Wink.]
- To shrink, as from a blow, or from pain; to flinch; to start back. I will not stir, nor wince, nor speak a word. --Shak.
- To kick or flounce when unsteady, or impatient at a rider; as, a horse winces.
- Wincing \Win"cing\, n.
The act of washing cloth, dipping it in dye, etc., with a
(a) A wince. --Ure.
(b) A succession of winces. See Wince. --Knight.
Wikipedia Meaning and Definition on 'Wincing'
- Wincing the Night Away: com/article/record_review/40605-wincing-the-night-away 1/22/07 ... Wincing the Night Away is a Grammy -nominated album by indie rock group The ...
Words and phrases related to 'Wincing'
Wincing Sample Sentences in News
- Great Years for Nadal and Murray, One Wincing Moment for Djokovic
Despite all of Novak Djokovic's earthly achievements in 2013, the year will belong in the history books and the memory banks to Rafael Nadal and Andy Murray. Read more on this news related to 'Wincing'
- Barry Lewis: Sciatica pain shows I'm my own pain in the butt
My Nanny Ethel used to walk around her Brooklyn apartment wincing in pain as she held her lower back. Read more on this news related to 'Wincing'
- Latest injury to Rose could be blow to Adidas, too
As he hobbled off the court again, Derrick Rose found himself in a familiar and painful spot. The folks at Adidas might be wincing, too. The sports apparel giant might have to find a backup plan after building its multimillion-dollar NBA marketing campaign around the Chicago Bulls' superstar point guard, whose injured right knee will cost him the rest of the 2 Read more on this news related to 'Wincing'