Dictionary Meaning and Definition on 'Whereabouts'
Whereabouts Meaning and Definition from WordNet (r) 2.0
n : the general location where something is; "I questioned him
about his whereabouts on the night of the crime"
adv : about where or near what place; "I don't know whereabouts
the border will be drawn"; "whereabout do you live?"
- Whereabout \Where"a*bout`\, Whereabouts \Where"a*bouts`\, adv.
- About where; near what or which place; -- used interrogatively and relatively; as, whereabouts did you meet him? Note: In this sense, whereabouts is the common form.
- Concerning which; about which. ``The object whereabout they are conversant.'' --Hooker.
- Whereabout \Where"a*bout`\, Whereabouts \Where"a*bouts`\, n.
The place where a person or thing is; as, they did not know
his whereabouts. --Shak.
A puzzling notice of thy whereabout. --Wordsworth.
Wikipedia Meaning and Definition on 'Whereabouts'
Words and phrases related to 'Whereabouts'
Whereabouts Sample Sentences in News
- Police concerned for welfre of missing boy
Police are seeking information as to the whereabouts of 14 year old Demetrius Masiutama. Demetrius was last seen at 6am on 24 March in Pakuranga and was reported missing on 1 April. He suffers from a mild intellectual disability and is meant to take medication but has not done so for some time. Police are concerned for his welfare due to the time since he was last Read more on this news related to 'Whereabouts'
- Doping ban reversed for Olympic champion Lee
The Badminton World Federation has reversed a one-year ban handed to Olympic gold medalist Lee Yon-dae for failing to comply with doping requirements. Lee and fellow South Korean player Kim Ki-jung are eligible to resume competition immediately after the Malaysia-based BWF found that the ''whereabouts failures'' were due to the management of the pr Read more on this news related to 'Whereabouts'
- Burney seeks records on missing 14,000 people
Human rights activist insists there are no records to detail whereabouts of arrested people Read more on this news related to 'Whereabouts'