Dictionary Meaning and Definition on 'Whereabouts'
Whereabouts Meaning and Definition from WordNet (r) 2.0
n : the general location where something is; "I questioned him
about his whereabouts on the night of the crime"
adv : about where or near what place; "I don't know whereabouts
the border will be drawn"; "whereabout do you live?"
- Whereabout \Where"a*bout`\, Whereabouts \Where"a*bouts`\, adv.
- About where; near what or which place; -- used interrogatively and relatively; as, whereabouts did you meet him? Note: In this sense, whereabouts is the common form.
- Concerning which; about which. ``The object whereabout they are conversant.'' --Hooker.
- Whereabout \Where"a*bout`\, Whereabouts \Where"a*bouts`\, n.
The place where a person or thing is; as, they did not know
his whereabouts. --Shak.
A puzzling notice of thy whereabout. --Wordsworth.
Wikipedia Meaning and Definition on 'Whereabouts'
Words and phrases related to 'Whereabouts'
Whereabouts Sample Sentences in News
- Man sought over kidnapping, assault
Police are seeking the whereabouts of a 23-year-old man in relation to a kidnapping incident last night. Read more on this news related to 'Whereabouts'
- Doping ban reversed for Olympic champion Lee
The Badminton World Federation has reversed a one-year ban handed to Olympic gold medalist Lee Yon-dae for failing to comply with doping requirements. Lee and fellow South Korean player Kim Ki-jung are eligible to resume competition immediately after the Malaysia-based BWF found that the ''whereabouts failures'' were due to the management of the pr Read more on this news related to 'Whereabouts'
- No sighting of kidnapped Sabah tourist, worker
The reported whereabouts in Sulu of a Chinese tourist and a Filipino worker snatched by suspected Abu Sayyaf militants from a beach resort in Sabah, Malaysia have remained unverified, a military official said yesterday. Read more on this news related to 'Whereabouts'