Dictionary Meaning and Definition on 'Whereabouts'
Whereabouts Meaning and Definition from WordNet (r) 2.0
n : the general location where something is; "I questioned him
about his whereabouts on the night of the crime"
adv : about where or near what place; "I don't know whereabouts
the border will be drawn"; "whereabout do you live?"
- Whereabout \Where"a*bout`\, Whereabouts \Where"a*bouts`\, adv.
- About where; near what or which place; -- used interrogatively and relatively; as, whereabouts did you meet him? Note: In this sense, whereabouts is the common form.
- Concerning which; about which. ``The object whereabout they are conversant.'' --Hooker.
- Whereabout \Where"a*bout`\, Whereabouts \Where"a*bouts`\, n.
The place where a person or thing is; as, they did not know
his whereabouts. --Shak.
A puzzling notice of thy whereabout. --Wordsworth.
Wikipedia Meaning and Definition on 'Whereabouts'
Words and phrases related to 'Whereabouts'
Whereabouts Sample Sentences in News
- The Whereabouts of the Dorak Treasure Monograph
Arlette Mellaart has died, the beloved wife of the late British archaeologist James Mellaart -- who gave us the fabulous story of the Dorak Treasure . Although I've seen no notice in the media about the passing of Mrs. Mellaart, her son Alan told me by phone from Istanbul of her death about two weeks ago. Read more on this news related to 'Whereabouts'
- NSA tracking cellphone locations worldwide, Snowden documents show
Snowden documents show agency is collecting billions of records on whereabouts of mobile devices. Read more on this news related to 'Whereabouts'
- Police seek Tang
SIBU: The police are tracing the whereabouts of Jeffery Tang Siew Hock for skipping the National Service training [...] Read more on this news related to 'Whereabouts'