Dictionary Meaning and Definition on 'Whereabouts'
Whereabouts Meaning and Definition from WordNet (r) 2.0
n : the general location where something is; "I questioned him
about his whereabouts on the night of the crime"
adv : about where or near what place; "I don't know whereabouts
the border will be drawn"; "whereabout do you live?"
- Whereabout \Where"a*bout`\, Whereabouts \Where"a*bouts`\, adv.
- About where; near what or which place; -- used interrogatively and relatively; as, whereabouts did you meet him? Note: In this sense, whereabouts is the common form.
- Concerning which; about which. ``The object whereabout they are conversant.'' --Hooker.
- Whereabout \Where"a*bout`\, Whereabouts \Where"a*bouts`\, n.
The place where a person or thing is; as, they did not know
his whereabouts. --Shak.
A puzzling notice of thy whereabout. --Wordsworth.
Wikipedia Meaning and Definition on 'Whereabouts'
Words and phrases related to 'Whereabouts'
Whereabouts Sample Sentences in News
- Whereabouts of officer at center of Ferguson teen shooting unknown
(CNN) — As the St. Louis suburb of Ferguson calmed early Friday after nights of protests over the fatal shooting of an unarmed black teen, the question remains: Where’s the police officer who pulled the trigger? Officer Darren Wilson, 28, shot Michael Brown on August 9. The shooting sparked days of violent protests in Ferguson […] Read more on this news related to 'Whereabouts'
- Warrant out for arrest for Charles Sanders
Timaru police would like information on the whereabouts of Charles Score Sanders, who is wanted in relation to several violence-related offences, including injuring with intent a female. Read more on this news related to 'Whereabouts'
- Concern grows as search for missing man continues
CONCERN over the whereabouts of a man who went missing from his Linford home is growing as the police search for him enters its fourth day. Read more on this news related to 'Whereabouts'