Warm Meaning and Definition in Dictionary
Definitions from Wordnet 2.0
- make warm or warmer; "The blanket will warm you"
- get warm or warmer; "The soup warmed slowly on the stove"
- of a seeker; near to the object sought; "you''re getting warm"; "hot on the trail"
- uncomfortable because of possible danger or trouble; "made things warm for the bookies"
- characterized by liveliness or excitement or disagreement; "a warm debate"
- characterized by strong enthusiasm; "ardent revolutionaries"; "warm support"
- easily aroused or excited; "a quick temper"; "a warm temper"
- freshly made or left; "a warm trail"; "the scent is warm"
- having or displaying warmth or affection; "affectionate children"; "caring parents"; "a fond embrace"; "fond of his nephew"; "a tender glance"; "a warm embrace"
- having or producing a comfortable and agreeable degree of heat or imparting or maintaining heat; "a warm body"; "a warm room"; "a warm climate"; "a warm coat"
- psychologically warm; friendly and responsive; "a warm greeting"; "a warm personality"; "warm support"
- (color) inducing the impression of warmth; used especially of reds and oranges and yellows; "warm reds and yellows and orange"
- in a warm manner; "warmly dressed"; "warm-clad skiers"
Would you like to add your own explaination to this word 'Warm'?
Warm Meaning and Definition in Wikipedia
Warm is the opposite of cool.
When objects get warm, more energy is stored in them. When an object is heated, its molecules move faster. Heat always goes from a warmer object to a colder object; it never goes in the opposite way. A person usually feels good when they are warm, but they do not like to be too warm, because this may become uncomfortable.
Words and phrases related to 'Warm'
'Warm' example sentence in quotations
* A woodland in full color is awesome as a forest fire, in magnitude at least, but a single tree is like a dancing tongue of flame to warm the heart. - Hal Borland
* The salary of the chief executive of the large corporations is not an award for achievement. It is frequently in the nature of a warm gesture by the individual to himself. - John Kenneth Galbraith
Click here for more related quotations on 'Warm'
Warm Sample Sentences in News
- Warm Thursday in Delhi
New Delhi, March 26 (IANS) It was a warm Thursday morning in the national capital with the minimum temperature recorded at 20.3 degrees Celsius, three notches above the season's average. Temperature in the next few days is likely to rise," said an official of the India Meteorological Department (IMD). The maximum temperature is likely to hover around 36 d Read more on this news related to 'Warm'
- Warm B.C. winter forces early daffodil sales in Northwest Territories
Volunteers with the Canadian Cancer Society in Yellowknife are scrambling to prepare for Daffodil Month, as a warm winter in B.C. has forced the annual fundraising campaign to take place weeks earlier than usual. Every April, the Canadian Cancer Society in Yellowknife receives daffodils that are grown on Vancouver Island. Volunteers in Yellowknife will begin fund Read more on this news related to 'Warm'
- For upper-body warm-ups, stretch multiple muscles at once
Although athletes and coaches often swear by stretching, many common pre-workout routines may not actually enhance performance, said lead author Matt McCrary, a master’s degree candidate at the University of Sydney. Higher load dynamic warm-ups are "the best bet" in most situations, said McCrary. For the upper body, these include push-ups, dumbbell bac Read more on this news related to 'Warm'