Warm Meaning and Definition in Dictionary
Definitions from Wordnet 2.0
- make warm or warmer; "The blanket will warm you"
- get warm or warmer; "The soup warmed slowly on the stove"
- of a seeker; near to the object sought; "you''re getting warm"; "hot on the trail"
- uncomfortable because of possible danger or trouble; "made things warm for the bookies"
- characterized by liveliness or excitement or disagreement; "a warm debate"
- characterized by strong enthusiasm; "ardent revolutionaries"; "warm support"
- easily aroused or excited; "a quick temper"; "a warm temper"
- freshly made or left; "a warm trail"; "the scent is warm"
- having or displaying warmth or affection; "affectionate children"; "caring parents"; "a fond embrace"; "fond of his nephew"; "a tender glance"; "a warm embrace"
- having or producing a comfortable and agreeable degree of heat or imparting or maintaining heat; "a warm body"; "a warm room"; "a warm climate"; "a warm coat"
- psychologically warm; friendly and responsive; "a warm greeting"; "a warm personality"; "warm support"
- (color) inducing the impression of warmth; used especially of reds and oranges and yellows; "warm reds and yellows and orange"
- in a warm manner; "warmly dressed"; "warm-clad skiers"
Would you like to add your own explaination to this word 'Warm'?
Warm Meaning and Definition in Wikipedia
Warm is the opposite of cool.
When objects get warm, more energy is stored in them. When an object is heated, its molecules move faster. Heat always goes from a warmer object to a colder object; it never goes in the opposite way. A person usually feels good when they are warm, but they do not like to be too warm, because this may become uncomfortable.
Words and phrases related to 'Warm'
'Warm' example sentence in quotations
* A woodland in full color is awesome as a forest fire, in magnitude at least, but a single tree is like a dancing tongue of flame to warm the heart. - Hal Borland
* The salary of the chief executive of the large corporations is not an award for achievement. It is frequently in the nature of a warm gesture by the individual to himself. - John Kenneth Galbraith
Click here for more related quotations on 'Warm'
Warm Sample Sentences in News
- Warm weather anomaly hits Montgomery County, surrounding region
NORRISTOWN The unseasonably warm weather the region has experienced over the past two days will continue through Friday, but temperatures will decrease to seasonal norms over the weekend. Read more on this news related to 'Warm'
- Healthier Homes Project Expands to Other Parts of the House
A Warm our Whare initiative, which saw 1000 Waikato homes insulated within a 30km radius of Hamilton and in the South Waikato district, has now expanded into the Thames and Hauraki regions and the provider is now looking to launch a new service model to warm up the rest of the house. Read more on this news related to 'Warm'
- Warm Lentil Salad With Goat Cheese
The goat cheese melts into the warm lentils in this comforting, rich salad, which leaves the lentils bathed in a creamy dressing Spoon the mixture onto a bed of arugula, a nice pungent contrast to the earthy, sweet-tasting legumes If you’d like to add more greens, put chopped chard leaves in the pot with the lentils in the first step, then proceed with the recip Read more on this news related to 'Warm'