Dictionary Meaning and Definition on 'Vista'
Vista Meaning and Definition from WordNet (r) 2.0
n : the visual percept of a region; "the most desirable feature
of the park are the beautiful views" [syn: view, aspect,
prospect, scene, panorama]
- Vista \Vis"ta\, n.; pl. Vistas. [It., sight, view, fr. vedere,
p. p. visto, veduto, to see, fr. L. videre, visum. See
A view; especially, a view through or between intervening
objects, as trees; a view or prospect through an avenue, or
the like; hence, the trees or other objects that form the
The finished garden to the view Its vistas opens, and
its alleys green. --Thomson.
In the groves of their academy, at the end of every
vista, you see nothing but the gallows. --Burke.
The shattered tower which now forms a vista from his
window. --Sir W.
Wikipedia Meaning and Definition on 'Vista'
- Windows Vista: Windows Vista is an operating system released in several variations developed by Microsoft for use on personal computer s, including ...
- VistA: The Veterans Health Information Systems and Technology Architecture (VistA) is an enterprise-wide information system built around an ...
- Vista: Vista usually refers to a distant view . Vista may also refer to: Software : Windows Vista , the line of Microsoft Windows client operating ...
- Vista, California: Vista is a city in north San Diego County, California . It was incorporated January 28, 1963 and became a charter city on June 13, 2007. ...
- Toyota Vista: The Toyota Vista is a compact car launched in 1982 as a sister nameplate to the Camry by Toyota in Japan. with Toyota's Vista dealership ...
- VISTA (telescope): The VISTA (Visible and Infrared Survey Telescope for Astronomy) is a 4-metre class wide-field telescope at the Paranal Observatory in ...
- Vista class cruise ship: The Vista class is a class of Panamax -type cruise ships , built by Fincantieri Marghera shipyard, in Italy . Vista class cruise ships ...
Words and phrases related to 'Vista'