Visceral Meaning and Definition in Dictionary
Definitions from Wordnet 2.0
- obtained through intuition rather than from reasoning or observation
- relating to or affecting the viscera; "visceral bleeding"; "a splanchnic nerve"
Would you like to add your own explaination to this word 'Visceral'?
Wikipedia Meaning and Definition on 'Visceral'
- General visceral efferent fibers: The term general efferent fibers (GVE or visceral efferent or autonomic efferent) refers to the efferent neurons of the autonomic nervous system that provide
- General visceral afferent fibers: The general visceral afferent fibers (GVA) conduct sensory impulses (usually pain or reflex sensations) from the viscera, glands, and blood vessels to
- Special visceral efferent: Special visceral efferent (SVE) refers to efferent nerves that provide motor innervations to the muscles of the pharyngeal arches in humans and branchial
- Special visceral afferent: Special visceral afferent (SVA) refers to afferent nerves that develop in association with the gastrointestinal tract. They carry the special senses of
- Visceral larva migrans: Visceral larva migrans is a condition in humans caused by the migratory larvae of certain nematodes, humans being a dead-end host, and was first reported
- Visceral Games: Visceral Games (formerly EA Redwood Shores) is an American video game development studio internally owned by Electronic Arts. They are perhaps best known
- Visceral afferent: Visceral afferent may refer to: General visceral afferent fibers Special visceral afferent
- Visceral leishmaniasis: This article is about visceral leishmaniasis in humans. For the disease in canids, see canine leishmaniasis. Visceral leishmaniasis (VL), also known as
Words and phrases related to 'Visceral'
Visceral Sample Sentences in News
- Research priorities for elimination of visceral leishmaniasis
Now is a good time to reconsider research priorities as 2015 approaches, the target date originally set for elimination of visceral leishmaniasis. Visceral leishmaniasis is one of the most deadly parasitic diseases and disproportionately affects the poorest and most vulnerable populations. Read more on this news related to 'Visceral'
- Thin outside, fat inside – the truth about belly fat
It's a well-known fact: obesity increases your risk of chronic diseases such as type 2 diabetes. In fact, even if you’re generally trim, you still need to watch out for an excess of visceral fat, or fat around the internal organs. Dr Ian Phoon, Associate Consultant from SingHealth Polyclinics - Pasir Ris, a member of the SingHealth group, explains more about Read more on this news related to 'Visceral'
- Watch: New Battlefield Hardline Campaign Footage
Visceral Games releases extended gameplay trailer for 2015's game. Read more on this news related to 'Visceral'