Dictionary Meaning and Definition on 'Vilest'
Vilest Meaning and Definition from Webster's Revised Unabridged Dictionary (1913)
- Vile \Vile\, a. [Comp. Viler; superl. Vilest.] [OE. vil, F.
vil, from L. vilis cheap, worthless, vile, base.]
- Low; base; worthless; mean; despicable. A poor man in vile raiment. --James ii. 2. The craft either of fishing, which was Peter's, or of making tents, which was Paul's, were [was] more vile than the science of physic. --Ridley. The inhabitants account gold but as a vile thing. --Abp. Abbot.
- Morally base or impure; depraved by sin; hateful; in the sight of God and men; sinful; wicked; bad. ``Such vile base practices.'' --Shak. Behold, I am vile; what shall I answer thee ? --Job xl. 4. Syn: See Base. -- Vile"ly, adv. -- Vile"ness, n.
Wikipedia Meaning and Definition on 'Vilest'
- With Vilest of Worms to Dwell: With Vilest of Worms to Dwell is an album by Austria n symphonic death metal band Hollenthon , released by Napalm Records in 2001 . ...
Words and phrases related to 'Vilest'
Vilest Sample Sentences in News
- Oscar and the Oscars: Our vilest obsessions
Fittingly, the Academy awards (the Oscars) and the murder trial of Oscar Pistorius have illuminated our most mortal vices: vanity and violence. Read more on this news related to 'Vilest'