Variability Meaning and Definition in Dictionary
Definitions from Wordnet 2.0
- the quality of being subject to variation
- a quality of variability and lack of uniformity
Definitions from Wiktionary
- the quality of being subject to variation ,
- the quality of being uneven and lacking uniformity
Would you like to add your own explaination to this word 'Variability'?
Wikipedia Meaning and Definition on 'Variability'
- Variability: Variability is how spread out or closely clustered a set of data is. Variability may refer to: Climate variability, changes in the components of Earth's
- Solar variability: Solar variability refers to changes in solar activity, such as: Solar variation, the change in the amount of radiation emitted by the Sun (see Solar radiation)
- Spatial variability: Spatial variability occurs when a quantity that is measured at different spatial locations exhibits values that differ across the locations. Spatial variability
- Genetic variability: Genetic variability is a measure of the tendency of individual genotypes in a population to vary from one another. Variability is different from genetic
- Quantificational variability effect: Quantificational variability effect (QVE) is the intuitive equivalence of certain sentences with quantificational adverbs (Q-adverbs) and sentences without
- Variability function: The variability function is the second component of the Bernoulli space which constitutes the stochastic model within Bernoulli stochastics. The Bernoulli
Words and phrases related to 'Variability'
Variability Sample Sentences in News
- Climate models disagree on why temperature 'wiggles' occur
Most climate models likely underestimate the degree of decade-to-decade variability occurring in mean surface temperatures as Earth's atmosphere warms. They also provide inconsistent explanations of why these wiggles occur in the first place, a new study finds. These inconsistencies may undermine the models' reliability for projecting the short-term pace a Read more on this news related to 'Variability'
- New Trackers Claim to Measure Your Stress, But Do They Work?
The goal is to help people identify the things that trigger their stress, so they can avoid them if possible. Most of the devices that offer such stress detection measure the change in the interval between heartbeats — a measure known as heart rate variability. For instance, the Tinké by Zensorium, which costs $119, plugs into a phone and measures heart rate va Read more on this news related to 'Variability'
- When it comes to variations in crop yield, climate has a big say
( University of Minnesota ) What impact will future climate change have on food supply? That depends in part on the extent to which variations in crop yield are attributable to variations in climate. A new report from researchers at the University of Minnesota Institute on the Environment has found that climate variability historically accounts for one-third of yi Read more on this news related to 'Variability'