Dictionary Meaning and Definition on 'Variability'
Variability Meaning and Definition from WordNet (r) 2.0
- the quality of being subject to variation [syn: variableness, variance] [ant: invariability, invariability]
- a quality of variability and lack of uniformity [syn: unevenness] [ant: evenness, evenness]
- Variability \Va`ri*a*bil"i*ty\, n. [Cf. F. variabilit['e].]
- The quality or state of being variable; variableness.
- (Biol.) The power possessed by living organisms, both animal and vegetable, of adapting themselves to modifications or changes in their environment, thus possibly giving rise to ultimate variation of structure or function.
Wikipedia Meaning and Definition on 'Variability'
- Variability: The term variability, "the state or characteristic of being variable", describes how spread out or closely clustered a set of data is. ...
- Genetic variability: Genetic variability is a measure of the tendency of individual genotype s in a population to vary from one another. Variability is ...
- Stellar pulsation theory – Regular versus irregular variability: This regular behavior is in contrast with the variability of stars that lie parallel to and to the high-luminosity/low-temperature side of ...
- Human variability: Human variability, or human variation, is the range of possible values for any measurable characteristic, physical or mental, of human ...
Words and phrases related to 'Variability'
Variability Sample Sentences in News
- Treatable factors linked to blood pressure variability in diabetes
Some factors that are associated with variability in home blood pressure in patients with Type 2 diabetes may be open to intervention, research suggests. Read more on this news related to 'Variability'
- Iguanas Have Oldest Reptilian Sex Chromosome
Iguanas have the oldest known sex chromosomes in the reptilian world, according to a new report. Some groups of animals, such as mammals and birds, pass down their sex chromosomes within evolutionary lineages and do not experience much variability as new species evolve through time. But other animals, such as reptiles, generally experience more genetic variability Read more on this news related to 'Variability'
- Precision is key to consistency in calf feeding
Variability in nutrient content or total solids percentage in waste milk can occur if the proportion of transition milk to mastitic milk changes. Nutrient content will decrease as more mastitic milk is added. Read more on this news related to 'Variability'