Dictionary Meaning and Definition on 'Variability'
Variability Meaning and Definition from WordNet (r) 2.0
- the quality of being subject to variation [syn: variableness, variance] [ant: invariability, invariability]
- a quality of variability and lack of uniformity [syn: unevenness] [ant: evenness, evenness]
- Variability \Va`ri*a*bil"i*ty\, n. [Cf. F. variabilit['e].]
- The quality or state of being variable; variableness.
- (Biol.) The power possessed by living organisms, both animal and vegetable, of adapting themselves to modifications or changes in their environment, thus possibly giving rise to ultimate variation of structure or function.
Wikipedia Meaning and Definition on 'Variability'
- Variability: The term variability, "the state or characteristic of being variable", describes how spread out or closely clustered a set of data is. ...
- Genetic variability: Genetic variability is a measure of the tendency of individual genotype s in a population to vary from one another. Variability is ...
- Stellar pulsation theory – Regular versus irregular variability: This regular behavior is in contrast with the variability of stars that lie parallel to and to the high-luminosity/low-temperature side of ...
- Human variability: Human variability, or human variation, is the range of possible values for any measurable characteristic, physical or mental, of human ...
Words and phrases related to 'Variability'