Dictionary Meaning and Definition on 'Vanished'
adj : having passed out of existence; "vanished civilizations"
- Vanish \Van"ish\, v. i. [imp. & p. p. Vanished; p. pr. & vb.
n. Vanishing.] [OE. vanissen, OF. vanir (in comp.): cf. OF.
envanir, esvanir, esvanu["i]r, F. s'['e]vanouir; fr. L. vanus
empty, vain; cf. L. vanescere, evanescere, to vanish. See
Vain, and cf. Evanescent,-ish.]
- To pass from a visible to an invisible state; to go out of sight; to disappear; to fade; as, vapor vanishes from the sight by being dissipated; a ship vanishes from the sight of spectators on land. The horse vanished . . . out of sight. --Chaucer. Go; vanish into air; away! --Shak. The champions vanished from their posts with the speed of lightning. --Sir W. Scott. Gliding from the twilight past to vanish among realities. --Hawthorne.
- To be annihilated or lost; to pass away. ``All these delights will vanish.'' --Milton.
Wikipedia Meaning and Definition on 'Vanished'
Vanished is an American serial drama television series produced by 20th Century Fox. The series premiered on August 21, 2006 on Fox and its last episode aired on November 10, 2006. Based in Atlanta, Georgia, the series begins with the sudden disappearance of the wife of a Georgia senator, which is quickly revealed to be part of a wider conspiracy. The family of the missing woman, a pair of FBI agents, a journalist and her lover/cameraman, are all drawn into an evolving mystery with political and religious undertones. The show was created by CSI writer Josh Berman, and executive produced by Mimi Leder, who is also directed the show, and Paul Redford.
On October 26, 2006, USA Today reported that the planned 22-episode series was ordered to be wrapped up after the 13th episode.
On December 8, 2006, the final episode of Vanished appeared online. The production team was told a few months before the show was taken off the air to at least reveal Sara's fate by the 13th episode, but none of the other plotlines were resolved.[See more about Vanished at Dictionary 3.0 Encyclopedia]
Words and phrases related to 'Vanished'
'Vanished' in famous quotation sentence
* Where today are the Pequot Where are the Narragansett, the Mohican, the Pokanoket, and many other once powerful tribes of our people They have vanished before the avarice and the oppression of the White Man, as snow before a summer sun. Will we let ourselves be destroyed in our turn without a struggle, give up our homes, our country bequeathed to us by the Great Spirit, the graves of our dead and everything that is dear to us I know you will cry with me, NEVER NEVER. - Tecumseh
Click here for more related quotations on 'Vanished'
Vanished Sample Sentences in News
- Marine Who Vanished in Iraq Has Court Hearing
Marine who vanished in Iraq in 2004 has military hearing to answer desertion allegations Read more on this news related to 'Vanished'
- Vanished in February, bought at poultry market – but seven-month-old Chihuahua Dolly has finally come home
A TINY pup who disappeared last winter has “miraculously” returned home after six months. Read more on this news related to 'Vanished'
- Vanishing point …
First, passenger airliner MH370 vanished from Planet Earth. Then MH370 vanished from the news cycle. First, MH17 was shot down by "Putin's missile" - as Planet Earth was told. Then MH17 vanished from the news cycle. Read more on this news related to 'Vanished'