Dictionary Meaning and Definition on 'Vacillate'
Vacillate Meaning and Definition from WordNet (r) 2.0
- be undecided about something; waver between conflicting positions or courses of action; "He oscillates between accepting the new position and retirement" [syn: hover, vibrate, oscillate]
- move or sway in a rising and falling or wavelike pattern; "the line on the monitor vacillated" [syn: fluctuate, waver]
- Vacillate \Vac"il*late\, v. t. [imp. & p. p. Vacillated; p.
pr. & vb. n. Vacillating.] [L. vacillare, vacillatum; cf.
- To move one way and the other; to reel or stagger; to waver. [A spheroid] is always liable to shift and vacillatefrom one axis to another. --Paley.
- To fluctuate in mind or opinion; to be unsteady or inconstant; to waver. Syn: See Fluctuate.
Wikipedia Meaning and Definition on 'Vacillate'
Words and phrases related to 'Vacillate'
Vacillate Sample Sentences in News
- U.S. Stocks Vacillate at Mid-Morning
U.S. Stocks Vacillate at Mid-Morning Read more on this news related to 'Vacillate'
- Stocks Vacillate As Market Digests Headliner Earnings
Stocks Vacillate As Market Digests Headliner Earnings Read more on this news related to 'Vacillate'
- Asian stocks vacillate on Wall Street cues, China
Asian stock markets vacillated Thursday as investors waiting to see if weak Chinese economic data might prompt new economic stimulus also weighed a sell-off on Wall Street. Japan's Nikkei was up 1 percent ... Read more on this news related to 'Vacillate'