Dictionary Meaning and Definition on 'Unethical'
- not conforming to approved standards of social or professional behavior; "unethical business practices" [ant: ethical]
- not adhering to ethical or moral principles; "base and unpatriotic motives"; "a base, degrading way of life"; "cheating is dishonorable"; "they considered colonialism immoral"; "unethical practices in handling public funds" [syn: base, dishonorable, dishonourable, immoral]
Wikipedia Meaning and Definition on 'Unethical'
Ethics (also known as moral philosophy) is a branch of philosophy that addresses questions about morality — that is, concepts such as good and evil, right and wrong, virtue and vice, justice, etc.
Major branches of ethics include:
Within each of these branches are many different schools of thought and still further sub-fields of study.
Meta-ethics is the branch of ethics that seeks to understand the nature of ethical properties, and ethical statements, attitudes, and judgments. Meta-ethics as a discipline gained attention with G.E. Moore's famous work Principia Ethica from 1903 in which Moore first addressed what he referred to as the naturalistic fallacy. Moore's rebuttal of naturalistic ethics, his Open Question Argument sparked an interest within the analytic branch of western philosophy to concern oneself with second order questions about ethics; specifically the semantics, epistemology and ontology of ethics.[See more about Unethical at Dictionary 3.0 Encyclopedia]
Words and phrases related to 'Unethical'
'Unethical' in famous quotation sentence
Click here for more related quotations on 'Unethical'
Unethical Sample Sentences in News
- Priebus: Reid 'dirty … so unethical'
The RNC chairman charged that the Senate majority leader breached Senate rules. Read more on this news related to 'Unethical'
- Was it unethical for the St Xavier's College principal Frazer Mascarenhas' to criticise Narendra Modi, ahead of the ...
Even as Mumbai gears up for the Lok Sabha elections, the principal of one of city's premier institute St Xavier's College has raised a furore over a letter addressed to his students. Read more on this news related to 'Unethical'
- Hamtramck whistleblower accuses police chief, other officials of unethical behavior, framing him, racism
The city of Hamtramck, currently emerging from financial shambles after coming under emergency management, now has to contend with a $10 million whistleblower lawsuit by one of its own employees. Read more on this news related to 'Unethical'