Dictionary Meaning and Definition on 'Undulate'
Undulate Meaning and Definition from WordNet (r) 2.0
adj : having a sinuate margin and rippled surface
- stir up (water) so as to form ripples [syn: ripple, ruffle, riffle, cockle]
- occur in soft rounded shapes; "The hills rolled past" [syn: roll]
- move in a wavy pattern or with a rising and falling motion; "The curtains undulated"; "the waves rolled towards the beach" [syn: roll, flap, wave]
- increase and decrease in volume or pitch, as if in waves; "The singer's voice undulated"
- Undulate \Un"du*late\, v. i.
To move in, or have, undulations or waves; to vibrate; to
wave; as, undulating air.
- Undulate \Un"du*late\, a. [L. undulatus undulated, wavy, a dim.
from unda a wave; cf. AS. ??, Icel. unnr; perhaps akin to E.
water. Cf. Abound, Inundate, Redound, Surround.]
Same as Undulated.
- Undulate \Un"du*late\, v. t. [imp. & p. p. Undulated; p. pr. &
vb. n. Undulating.]
To cause to move backward and forward, or up and down, in
undulations or waves; to cause to vibrate.
Breath vocalized, that is, vibrated and undulated.
220 catflap.bishopston.net dictd 1.11.2/rf on FreeBSD 8.1-STABLE
Wikipedia Meaning and Definition on 'Undulate'
- Undulate ray: The undulate ray, Raja undulata, is a species of ray and cartilaginous fish generally found along the southern coasts of England and ...
- Still White Danube Undulates: "Тих бял Дунав се вълнува" ("Still White Danube Undulates") also known as the Botev March, is a popular Bulgaria n patriotic song . ...
- Undulated Tinamou: com/species/undulated-tinamou-crypturellus-undulatus Undulated Tinamou videos, photos & sounds on the Internet Bird Collection ...
- Undulated Antpitta: status LC | status_system IUCN3.1 | regnum Animalia | phylum Chordata | classis Aves | ordo Passeriformes | familia Formicariidae | ...
- Undulated moray: The undulated moray, Gymnothorax undulatus, is a moray eel of the family Muraenidae , found in the Indo-Pacific oceans and the eastern ...
- Undulated Antshrike: name Undulated Antshrike | image | status LC | status_system IUCN3.1 | regnum Animalia | phylum Chordata | classis Aves | ordo ...
Words and phrases related to 'Undulate'