Dictionary Meaning and Definition on 'Undulate'
Undulate Meaning and Definition from WordNet (r) 2.0
adj : having a sinuate margin and rippled surface
- stir up (water) so as to form ripples [syn: ripple, ruffle, riffle, cockle]
- occur in soft rounded shapes; "The hills rolled past" [syn: roll]
- move in a wavy pattern or with a rising and falling motion; "The curtains undulated"; "the waves rolled towards the beach" [syn: roll, flap, wave]
- increase and decrease in volume or pitch, as if in waves; "The singer's voice undulated"
- Undulate \Un"du*late\, v. i.
To move in, or have, undulations or waves; to vibrate; to
wave; as, undulating air.
- Undulate \Un"du*late\, a. [L. undulatus undulated, wavy, a dim.
from unda a wave; cf. AS. ??, Icel. unnr; perhaps akin to E.
water. Cf. Abound, Inundate, Redound, Surround.]
Same as Undulated.
- Undulate \Un"du*late\, v. t. [imp. & p. p. Undulated; p. pr. &
vb. n. Undulating.]
To cause to move backward and forward, or up and down, in
undulations or waves; to cause to vibrate.
Breath vocalized, that is, vibrated and undulated.
220 catflap.bishopston.net dictd 1.11.2/rf on FreeBSD 8.1-STABLE
Wikipedia Meaning and Definition on 'Undulate'
- Undulate ray: The undulate ray, Raja undulata, is a species of ray and cartilaginous fish generally found along the southern coasts of England and ...
- Still White Danube Undulates: "Тих бял Дунав се вълнува" ("Still White Danube Undulates") also known as the Botev March, is a popular Bulgaria n patriotic song . ...
- Undulated Tinamou: com/species/undulated-tinamou-crypturellus-undulatus Undulated Tinamou videos, photos & sounds on the Internet Bird Collection ...
- Undulated Antpitta: status LC | status_system IUCN3.1 | regnum Animalia | phylum Chordata | classis Aves | ordo Passeriformes | familia Formicariidae | ...
- Undulated moray: The undulated moray, Gymnothorax undulatus, is a moray eel of the family Muraenidae , found in the Indo-Pacific oceans and the eastern ...
- Undulated Antshrike: name Undulated Antshrike | image | status LC | status_system IUCN3.1 | regnum Animalia | phylum Chordata | classis Aves | ordo ...
Words and phrases related to 'Undulate'
Undulate Sample Sentences in News
- Case-Shiller Composite Rises 0.3% In February, Back To September 2010 Levels
If there is one admirable thing about the Case Shiller Home Price Index report (which sadly shows data for February so a nearly three month delay) is that even according to its authors, it is the Non-Seasonally Adjusted number that is representative of what is going on in housing. And, as the chart below shows, very little is going on as the broader price level co Read more on this news related to 'Undulate'