Uncanny Meaning and Definition in Dictionary
Definitions from Wordnet 2.0
- beyond what is natural; "his uncanny sense of direction"; (`unco'' is chiefly Scottish)
- suggesting the operation of supernatural influences; "an eldritch screech"; "the three weird sisters"; "stumps...had uncanny shapes as of monstrous creatures"- John Galsworthy; "an unearthly light"; "he could hear the unearthly scream of some curlew pierc
Would you like to add your own explaination to this word 'Uncanny'?
Wikipedia Meaning and Definition on 'Uncanny'
- Uncanny: For the 2015 film, see Uncanny (film). The psychological concept of the uncanny as something that is strangely familiar, rather than just mysterious, was
- Uncanny X-Men: For the Australian band, see Uncanny X-Men (band). For the eponymous team and various media properties, see X-Men. Uncanny X-Men, originally published
- Uncanny Stories (magazine): Uncanny Stories was a pulp magazine which published a single issue, dated April 1941. It was published by Abraham and Martin Goodman, who were better
- The Uncanny: The Uncanny may refer to: Uncanny, a Freudian concept The Uncanny, a 1919 essay by Sigmund Freud The Uncanny (film), a 1977 film
- Uncanny Tales (Canadian pulp magazine): Uncanny Tales was a Canadian science fiction pulp magazine edited by Melvin R. Colby that ran from November 1940 to September 1943. It was created in
- Uncanny Tales: Uncanny Tales may refer to one of the following publications: Uncanny Tales (US pulp magazine), an American pulp magazine Uncanny Tales (Canadian pulp
- Uncanny valley: In aesthetics the uncanny valley is the hypothesis that human replicas that appear almost but not exactly like real human beings elicits feelings of eeriness
- Uncanny Tales (comics): For other uses, see Uncanny Tales. Uncanny Tales is the name of two American science-fiction / horror comic-book series, published in the 1950s and the
- The Uncanny (film): The Uncanny is a 1977 British anthology horror film, concerning feline revenge. The film was written by Michael Parry, directed by Denis Héroux and stars
- Uncanny Avengers: Uncanny Avengers is an ongoing comic book series published by Marvel Comics that debuted in October 2012 with the launch of Marvel NOW!. The series centers
Words and phrases related to 'Uncanny'