Uncanny Meaning and Definition in Dictionary
Definitions from Wordnet 2.0
- beyond what is natural; "his uncanny sense of direction"; (`unco'' is chiefly Scottish)
- suggesting the operation of supernatural influences; "an eldritch screech"; "the three weird sisters"; "stumps...had uncanny shapes as of monstrous creatures"- John Galsworthy; "an unearthly light"; "he could hear the unearthly scream of some curlew pierc
Would you like to add your own explaination to this word 'Uncanny'?
Wikipedia Meaning and Definition on 'Uncanny'
- Uncanny: For the 2015 film, see Uncanny (film). The uncanny (German: Das Unheimliche, "the opposite of what is familiar") is a mixture of the familiar and unfamiliar
- Uncanny X-Men: For the Australian band, see Uncanny X-Men (band). For the eponymous team and various media properties, see X-Men. Uncanny X-Men, originally published
- Uncanny Tales: Uncanny Tales may refer to one of the following publications: Uncanny Tales (US pulp magazine), an American pulp magazine Uncanny Tales (Canadian pulp
- Uncanny valley: For the albums, see Uncanny Valley (Birds of Avalon album) and Uncanny Valley (Midnight Juggernauts album). The uncanny valley is a hypothesis in
- The Uncanny: The Uncanny may refer to: Uncanny, a Freudian concept The Uncanny, a 1919 essay by Sigmund Freud The Uncanny (film), a 1977 film
- The Uncanny (film): The Uncanny is a 1977 British anthology horror film, concerning feline revenge. The film was written by Michael Parry, directed by Denis Héroux and stars
- Uncanny Avengers: Uncanny Avengers is an ongoing comic book series published by Marvel Comics that debuted in October 2012, with the launch of Marvel NOW!. The series centers
- Uncanny Tales (comics): For other uses, see Uncanny Tales. Uncanny Tales is the name of two American science-fiction / horror comic-book series, published in the 1950s and the
- The Uncanny X-Men (video game): The Uncanny X-Men, sometimes referred to as Marvel's X-Men, is an action video game released by LJN for the NES in 1989. It is a licensed game based on
- Uncanny Stories (magazine): Uncanny Stories was a pulp magazine which published a single issue, dated April 1941. It was published by Abraham and Martin Goodman, who were better
Words and phrases related to 'Uncanny'