Uncanny Meaning and Definition in Dictionary
Definitions from Wordnet 2.0
- beyond what is natural; "his uncanny sense of direction"; (`unco'' is chiefly Scottish)
- suggesting the operation of supernatural influences; "an eldritch screech"; "the three weird sisters"; "stumps...had uncanny shapes as of monstrous creatures"- John Galsworthy; "an unearthly light"; "he could hear the unearthly scream of some curlew pierc
Would you like to add your own explaination to this word 'Uncanny'?
Wikipedia Meaning and Definition on 'Uncanny'
- Uncanny: For the 2015 film, see Uncanny (film). The psychological concept of the uncanny as something that is strangely familiar, rather than just mysterious, was
- Uncanny valley: about the hypothesis. For other uses, see Uncanny valley (disambiguation). In aesthetics, the uncanny valley is the hypothesis that human replicas
- The Uncanny: The Uncanny may refer to: Uncanny, a Freudian concept The Uncanny, a 1919 essay by Sigmund Freud The Uncanny (film), a 1977 film
- Uncanny X-Men: For the Australian band, see Uncanny X-Men (band). For the eponymous team and various media properties, see X-Men. Uncanny X-Men, originally published
- Uncanny Avengers: Uncanny Avengers is an ongoing comic book series published by Marvel Comics that debuted in October 2012 with the launch of Marvel NOW!. The series centers
- Uncanny Tales: Uncanny Tales may refer to one of the following publications: Uncanny Tales (US pulp magazine), an American pulp magazine Uncanny Tales (Canadian pulp
- Uncanny Tales (comics): For other uses, see Uncanny Tales. Uncanny Tales is the name of two American science-fiction / horror comic-book series, published in the 1950s and the
- Uncanny X-Men 94: title of this article is Uncanny X-Men #94. The substitution or omission of the # is because of technical restrictions. Uncanny X-Men #94, (originally published
- The Uncanny (film): The Uncanny is a 1977 British anthology horror film, concerning feline revenge. The film was written by Michael Parry, directed by Denis Héroux and stars
- Uncanny Tales (Canadian pulp magazine): Uncanny Tales was a Canadian science fiction pulp magazine edited by Melvin R. Colby that ran from November 1940 to September 1943. It was created in
Words and phrases related to 'Uncanny'