Typecast Meaning and Definition in Dictionary
Definitions from Wordnet 2.0
- identify as belonging to a certain type; "Such people can practically be typed"
- cast repeatedly in the same kind of role
Would you like to add your own explaination to this word 'Typecast'?
Wikipedia Meaning and Definition on 'Typecast'
- Typecasting: Typecast or typecasting may mean: Typecasting (acting), the process by which an actor is strongly identified with a specific character, role, or trait
- Typecast (horse): Typecast (foaled April 10, 1966) was an American Champion Thoroughbred racehorse noted for her ability to win races at both short and very long distances
- Typecasting (acting): In television, film, and theatre, typecasting is the process by which a particular actor becomes strongly identified with a specific character; one or
- Typecast (band): Typecast is a post-hardcore band from the Philippines. Originally an underground act, they have surfaced on the mainstream Philippine music scene, while
Typecast Sample Sentences in News
- Typecast: The last typewriter repair man
Times change. Technology changes. The whole world changes, and there's nothing anybody can do to stop it Read more on this news related to 'Typecast'
- 'The Fall' Star Jamie Dornan Conscious About Typecasting, 'Doesn't Want To Be A One-Trick Pony' (INTERVIEW)
Jamie Dornan reveals that, after a couple of very high-profile roles which see him playing dark, dominating troubles characters, he is conscious of being typecast. Jamie, star of BBC thriller ‘The Fall’ and the forthcoming ‘Fifty Shades of Grey’, tells HuffPostUK: “It does make you slightly conscious. No actor wants to be typecast, you want to be clever Read more on this news related to 'Typecast'
- Hope to reach masses with 'Savaale Samaali': Ashok Selvan
"I was getting typecast in serious roles. Even if you look at 'Soodhu Kavvum', I played a serious character and I hardly laugh in it. That's when I decided to try my hands at comedy. I'm doing 'Savaale Samaali' because I really liked the script," Ashok told IANS. Read more on this news related to 'Typecast'