Dictionary Meaning and Definition on 'Twiddle'
n : a series of small (usually idle) twists or turns
- turn in a twisting or spinning motion; "The leaves swirled in the autumn wind" [syn: twirl, swirl, whirl]
- manipulate, as in a nervous or unconscious manner; "He twiddled her thumbs while waiting for the interview" [syn: fiddle with]
- Twiddle \Twid"dle\, v. t. [Probably of imitative origin. Cf.
To touch lightly, or play with; to tweedle; to twirl; as, to
twiddle one's thumbs; to twiddle a watch key. [Written also
- Twiddle \Twid"dle\, v. i.
To play with anything; hence, to be busy about trifles.
- Twiddle \Twid"dle\, n.
- A slight twist with the fingers.
- A pimple. [Prov. Eng.] --Halliwell.
Wikipedia Meaning and Definition on 'Twiddle'
Twiddle or Twiddling may refer to:
Twiddle (Vermont Based Jam Band) Twiddle, a Vermont-based quartet, spins tall-tales over an intricate soundscape of Hi-def shred. Twiddle has started a frenzy on both coasts with complexities that conjure up Coltrane, Ranglin, and Zappa, yet still embracing the roots of jam-band traditions. Finally, a group of musicians who not only understand climactic build and release, but deliver their intricate compositions night after night to jazz purists and screaming fans, all at the same time. Twiddle is a sound that defiantly weaves and dodges through genres. It's three-dimensional music. You can see it from all sides, and even serve it to your guests. It's Twiddle. Tasty.
Ryan Dempsey, ivories, vocals Brook Jordan, skins, vocals Zdenek Gubb, low end, vocals Mihali Savoulidis, axe, vocals[See more about Twiddle at Dictionary 3.0 Encyclopedia]
Words and phrases related to 'Twiddle'
Twiddle Sample Sentences in News
- The Frendly Gathering: 3 parts happy, 1 part rowdy
WINDHAM -- "There ain't no ‘I' in Frends" sang Twiddle's Mihali Savoulidis from his wooden platform in the Frendly Gathering's DJ nest, about 15 feet from the forest floor. Read more on this news related to 'Twiddle'
- What Should Los Angeles Lakers Fans Expect from Byron Scott?
Twiddle your thumbs no more: The Los Angeles Lakers have hired Byron Scott to be their next head coach. ESPN's Ramona Shelburne brings word of the actual hire: Chris Broussard of ESPN.com first reported that the Lakers offered Scott the job. This decision comes as a surprise to, well, absolutely no one. The move ends a months-long dance between the Lakers an Read more on this news related to 'Twiddle'
- 5 Players Who Might Find Themselves on Kansas City Chiefs' 2014 Practice Squad
In football, the practice squad is professional purgatory. Though 53 players will crack the Kansas City Chiefs ' regular-season roster, only 45 will suit up on Sundays. The remaining eight are left on an island of uncertainty. Paid interns who tormentingly twiddle their thumbs on game days, praying for opportunities but knowing the unemployment line is a stone Read more on this news related to 'Twiddle'