Dictionary Meaning and Definition on 'Twiddle'
n : a series of small (usually idle) twists or turns
- turn in a twisting or spinning motion; "The leaves swirled in the autumn wind" [syn: twirl, swirl, whirl]
- manipulate, as in a nervous or unconscious manner; "He twiddled her thumbs while waiting for the interview" [syn: fiddle with]
- Twiddle \Twid"dle\, v. t. [Probably of imitative origin. Cf.
To touch lightly, or play with; to tweedle; to twirl; as, to
twiddle one's thumbs; to twiddle a watch key. [Written also
- Twiddle \Twid"dle\, v. i.
To play with anything; hence, to be busy about trifles.
- Twiddle \Twid"dle\, n.
- A slight twist with the fingers.
- A pimple. [Prov. Eng.] --Halliwell.
Wikipedia Meaning and Definition on 'Twiddle'
Twiddle or Twiddling may refer to:
Twiddle (Vermont Based Jam Band) Twiddle, a Vermont-based quartet, spins tall-tales over an intricate soundscape of Hi-def shred. Twiddle has started a frenzy on both coasts with complexities that conjure up Coltrane, Ranglin, and Zappa, yet still embracing the roots of jam-band traditions. Finally, a group of musicians who not only understand climactic build and release, but deliver their intricate compositions night after night to jazz purists and screaming fans, all at the same time. Twiddle is a sound that defiantly weaves and dodges through genres. It's three-dimensional music. You can see it from all sides, and even serve it to your guests. It's Twiddle. Tasty.
Ryan Dempsey, ivories, vocals Brook Jordan, skins, vocals Zdenek Gubb, low end, vocals Mihali Savoulidis, axe, vocals[See more about Twiddle at Dictionary 3.0 Encyclopedia]
Words and phrases related to 'Twiddle'
Twiddle Sample Sentences in News
- Road test: Hyundai Santa Fe is perfect extended family fit
HYUNDAI is not a manufacturer to sit around and twiddle its thumbs while market leaders continue to take advantage of a widening gap. Read more on this news related to 'Twiddle'
- How to avoid the volunteer trap
For those looking to give back to their communities, finding the right fit can mean the difference between advancing worthy causes or simply having a new place to twiddle your thumbs. Read more on this news related to 'Twiddle'
- Fairfield's StageOne will host three bands for Thanksgiving weekend
Caravan of Thieves is appearing at Fairfield Theatre Company's StageOne on Saturday, Nov. 30. Photo: Contributed Photo Fairfield Theatre Company has a full weekend of shows planned for Thanksgiving with the band Twiddle on Wednesday, Nov. 27; Brother Joscephus and the Love Revolution on Friday, Nov. 29; and Bridgeport's Caravan of Thieves on Saturday Nov. Read more on this news related to 'Twiddle'