Dictionary Meaning and Definition on 'Trinomial'
Trinomial Meaning and Definition from Webster's Revised Unabridged Dictionary (1913)
- Trinomial \Tri*no"mi*al\, a. (Nat. Hist.)
Consisting of, or involving the use of, three terms; as, a
trinomial systematic name specifying the genus, species, and
- Trinomial \Tri*no"mi*al\, n. [Pref. tri- + -nomial as in
binomial: cf. F. trin[^o]me.] (Math.)
A quantity consisting of three terms, connected by the sign +
or -; as, x + y + z, or ax + 2b - c^2.
- Trinomial \Tri*no"mi*al\, a. (Math.)
Consisting of three terms; of or pertaining to trinomials;
as, a trinomial root.
Wikipedia Meaning and Definition on 'Trinomial'
- Trinomial: In elementary algebra , a trinomial is a polynomial consisting of three terms or monomial s. Trinomial expressions : 3x + 5y + 8z with x, y, ...
- Trinomial nomenclature: In biology, trinomial nomenclature refers to names for taxa below the rank of species. This is different for animals and plants: ...
- Trinomial expansion: In mathematics , a trinomial expansion is the expansion of a power of a sum of three terms into monomial s. The expansion is given by ...
- Trinomial tree: The Trinomial tree is a lattice based computational model used in financial mathematics to price options . It was developed by Phelim ...
- Elkies trinomial curves: In number theory , the Elkies trinomial curves are certain hyperelliptic curve s constructed by Noam Elkies which have the property that ...