Traffic Meaning and Definition in Dictionary
Definitions from Wordnet 2.0
- social or verbal interchange (usually followed by `with'')
- buying and selling; especially illicit trade
- the amount of activity over a communication system during a given period of time; "heavy traffic overloaded the trunk lines"; "traffic on the internet is lightest during the night"
- the aggregation of things (pedestrians or vehicles) coming and going in a particular locality during a specified period of time
- trade or deal a commodity; "They trafficked with us for gold"
- deal illegally; "traffic drugs"
Definitions from Wiktionary
- the aggregation of things (pedestrians or vehicles) coming and going in a particular locality during a specified period of time ,
- buying and selling; especially illicit trade ,
- the amount of activity over a communication system during a given period of time; "heavy traffic overloaded the trunk lines"; "traffic on the internet is lightest during the night" ,
- social or verbal interchange (usually followed by `with')
Would you like to add your own explaination to this word 'Traffic'?
Traffic Meaning and Definition in Wikipedia
Transport, or transportation, is moving people or things from one place to another place. Transport can be divided into infrastructure, vehicles and operations.
Infrastructure includes roads, railways, airports, canals and pipelines. The infrastructure is the network where things are carried. Infrastructure also includes airports, railway stations, bus stations and seaports (docks). Infrastructure is usually built by governments and paid for by taxes from the citizens of a country or region. Infrastructure such as roads and railways is designed by civil engineers and urban planners.
Vehicles or vessels travel on the infrastructure. Vehicles include cars, trucks, trains and airplanes. Vehicles are usually designed by mechanical engineers. Vessels include boats, ferries, and barges which travel on canals and use docks and seaports. In the same way that trains use train stations, airplanes use airports. In the same way that trains use railway lines (train tracks), airplanes use flight paths.
Words and phrases related to 'Traffic'
'Traffic' example sentence in quotations
* Natives who beat drums to drive off evil spirits are objects of scorn to smart Americans who blow horns to break up traffic jams. - Mary Ellen Kelly
* Standing in the middle of the road is very dangerous you get knocked down by traffic from both sides. - Margaret Hilda Thatcher
Click here for more related quotations on 'Traffic'
Traffic Sample Sentences in News
- Starbucks US Traffic Up 9 Million
Last quarter, Starbucks US traffic and traffic worldwide had a more pronounced impact on same-store sales than the ticket. Read more on this news related to 'Traffic'
- Jonathan Budd's "Get Traffic 3.0" Is Open!
When Jonathan Budd's Get Traffic 3.0 was introduced, it changed the way people thought about Facebook as a marketing platform. In fact it radically redefined everything about the way people viewed social ... Read more on this news related to 'Traffic'
- High Traffic Academy 2 Releases at a 75% Discount
Azusa, CA / ACCESSWIRE / January 26, 2015 / High Traffic Academy 2 (HTA2.0), the long-awaited Goliath of all traffic training products, will release in days, and the secrets inside this brand new gold-plated ... Read more on this news related to 'Traffic'