Tract Meaning and Definition in Dictionary
Definitions from Wordnet 2.0
- a bundle of mylenated nerve fibers following a path through the brain
- a system of body parts that together serve some particular purpose
- a brief treatise on a subject of interest; published in the form of a booklet
- an extended area of land
Definitions from Wiktionary
- an extended area of land ,
- a system of body parts that together serve some particular purpose ,
- a brief treatise on a subject of interest; published in the form of a booklet ,
- a bundle of myelinated nerve fibers following a path through the brain
Would you like to add your own explaination to this word 'Tract'?
Tract Meaning and Definition in Wikipedia
A tract, is a short literary work that is written to convince somebody of an idea or belief. Tracts are often used in politics as political propaganda, or in religion by people who want to share their religious beliefs. They are often either left for someone to find, or are given out for free.
Words and phrases related to 'Tract'
Tract Sample Sentences in News
- Land Trust celebrates acquisition of Gauley River tract
By Rick Steelhammer KESSLER'S CROSS LANES - On a hike down the Pierson Hollow Trail on Friday, Ashton Berdine pointed out three species of ferns, a cluster of towering, 300-plus-year-old hemlocks and three trail-traversing copperheads. Berdine, the lands program manager for the West Virginia Land Trust, was leading a group of hikers into the Trust's most r Read more on this news related to 'Tract'
- Effect of topical antibiotics on antibiotic resistance, patient outcomes in ICUs
( The JAMA Network Journals ) A comparison of prophylactic antibiotic regimens applied to an area in the mouth and throat and digestive tract were associated with low levels of antibiotic-resistant bacteria and no differences in patient survival and intensive care unit length of stay, according to a study published in JAMA. Read more on this news related to 'Tract'
- Lower Makefield planning commission claims it was left ‘out of the loop’ with township’s proposed new community ...
LOWER MAKEFIELD - The township’s planning commission is angry over the way the board of supervisors is proceeding with plans to build a new community and senior center next to the new ball field on the Samost Tract. Read more on this news related to 'Tract'