Dictionary Meaning and Definition on 'Tightly'
- in a tight or constricted manner; "a tightly packed pub"
- securely fixed or fastened; "the window was tightly sealed"
- Tightly \Tight"ly\, adv.
In a tight manner; closely; nearly.
Wikipedia Meaning and Definition on 'Tightly'
Blacklisted is the third album by Neko Case, released in 2002.
Guest musicians on the album include Howe Gelb, Kelly Hogan, Mary Margaret O'Hara, Joey Burns, John Convertino and Dallas Good.
Online music magazine Pitchfork Media placed Blacklisted at number 141 on their list of top 200 albums of the 2000s.
All songs written by Case, except where noted.[See more about Tightly at Dictionary 3.0 Encyclopedia]
Words and phrases related to 'Tightly'
'Tightly' in famous quotation sentence
* You can clutch the past so tightly to your chest that it leaves your arms too full to embrace the present. - Jan Glidewell
* Relationships--of all kinds--are like sand held in your hand. Held loosely, with an open hand, the sand remains where it is. The minute you close your hand and squeeze tightly to hold on, the sand trickles through your fingers. You may hold onto some of it, but most will be spilled. A relationship is like that. Held loosely, with respect and freedom for the other person, it is likely to remain intact. But hold too tightly, too possessively, and the relationship slips away and is lost. - Kaleel Jamison
Click here for more related quotations on 'Tightly'
Tightly Sample Sentences in News
- Protesters planned Cup final chaos -- Brazil police
Brasília (AFP) - Tightly-organized groups of protesters planned to bring chaos to Rio's streets during the World Cup final with "guerrilla actions" including the use of home-made bombs, Globo reported on Monday. Citing a police report, Globo said protesters planned to use homemade explosive devices including Molotov cocktails during the tournament Read more on this news related to 'Tightly'
- Sheriff: SC man hugged child so tightly that boy died; charged with involuntary manslaughter
A South Carolina sheriff says a 27-year-old man has been charged with involuntary manslaughter more than a year after he hugged a 14-month-old child so tightly that the boy stopped breathing and died. Read more on this news related to 'Tightly'
- RBI to name top 4-6 banks, will regulate them tightly
The central bank has laid out a framework to tightly regulate large financial institutions in India, whose failure can seriously impact the functioning of the financial system Read more on this news related to 'Tightly'