Dictionary Meaning and Definition on 'Tightly'
- in a tight or constricted manner; "a tightly packed pub"
- securely fixed or fastened; "the window was tightly sealed"
- Tightly \Tight"ly\, adv.
In a tight manner; closely; nearly.
Wikipedia Meaning and Definition on 'Tightly'
Blacklisted is the third album by Neko Case, released in 2002.
Guest musicians on the album include Howe Gelb, Kelly Hogan, Mary Margaret O'Hara, Joey Burns, John Convertino and Dallas Good.
Online music magazine Pitchfork Media placed Blacklisted at number 141 on their list of top 200 albums of the 2000s.
All songs written by Case, except where noted.[See more about Tightly at Dictionary 3.0 Encyclopedia]
Words and phrases related to 'Tightly'
'Tightly' in famous quotation sentence
* You can clutch the past so tightly to your chest that it leaves your arms too full to embrace the present. - Jan Glidewell
* Relationships--of all kinds--are like sand held in your hand. Held loosely, with an open hand, the sand remains where it is. The minute you close your hand and squeeze tightly to hold on, the sand trickles through your fingers. You may hold onto some of it, but most will be spilled. A relationship is like that. Held loosely, with respect and freedom for the other person, it is likely to remain intact. But hold too tightly, too possessively, and the relationship slips away and is lost. - Kaleel Jamison
Click here for more related quotations on 'Tightly'
Tightly Sample Sentences in News
- Manley edges tightly-packed leaderboard
Wales' Stuart Manley takes a one-shot lead into the final round of the Hong Kong Open after a third-round 66 at Fanling Read more on this news related to 'Tightly'
- Lots of clouds today with chills staying in the teens, says Paul Poteet
No more snow or freezing rain advisories, but I'd advise you to keep calm and remain bundled tightly today. Chills will stay in the mid teens all Monday long. Read more on this news related to 'Tightly'
- Traffic death sparks rioting in Singapore
Tightly controlled city-state sees worst violence in more than 40 years Read more on this news related to 'Tightly'