Dictionary Meaning and Definition on 'Tightly'
- in a tight or constricted manner; "a tightly packed pub"
- securely fixed or fastened; "the window was tightly sealed"
- Tightly \Tight"ly\, adv.
In a tight manner; closely; nearly.
Wikipedia Meaning and Definition on 'Tightly'
Blacklisted is the third album by Neko Case, released in 2002.
Guest musicians on the album include Howe Gelb, Kelly Hogan, Mary Margaret O'Hara, Joey Burns, John Convertino and Dallas Good.
Online music magazine Pitchfork Media placed Blacklisted at number 141 on their list of top 200 albums of the 2000s.
All songs written by Case, except where noted.[See more about Tightly at Dictionary 3.0 Encyclopedia]
Words and phrases related to 'Tightly'
'Tightly' in famous quotation sentence
* You can clutch the past so tightly to your chest that it leaves your arms too full to embrace the present. - Jan Glidewell
* Relationships--of all kinds--are like sand held in your hand. Held loosely, with an open hand, the sand remains where it is. The minute you close your hand and squeeze tightly to hold on, the sand trickles through your fingers. You may hold onto some of it, but most will be spilled. A relationship is like that. Held loosely, with respect and freedom for the other person, it is likely to remain intact. But hold too tightly, too possessively, and the relationship slips away and is lost. - Kaleel Jamison
Click here for more related quotations on 'Tightly'
Tightly Sample Sentences in News
- FOREX-Dollar steady as traders await views of Fed's Yellen
* Markets will trade tightly until Yellen speaks-strategist NEW YORK, Feb 10 (Reuters) - The dollar traded tightly and held steady against major currencies on Monday as traders awaited the latest economic and policy views from the new head of the Federal Reserve. Janet Yellen, who last week took over from Ben Bernanke at the helm of the Fed, is viewed as an archit Read more on this news related to 'Tightly'
- TV Friday: Hannibal still has bite in Season 2 (with video)
Hannibal, the tightly wound thriller about forensic psychiatrists who are nuttier than the criminals, continues to stir the pot in its second season. Things come to a boil slowly in the second episode of the season. The behavioural analysis team […] Read more on this news related to 'Tightly'
- Yuan to topple dollar as top reserve currency: survey
The tightly controlled Chinese yuan will eventually supersede the dollar as the top international reserve currency, according to a new poll. Read more on this news related to 'Tightly'