Tiara Meaning and Definition in Dictionary
Definitions from Wordnet 2.0
- a crown-like jewelled headdress worn by women on formal occasions
Definitions from Wiktionary
- a jewelled headdress worn by women on formal occasions
Would you like to add your own explaination to this word 'Tiara'?
Wikipedia Meaning and Definition on 'Tiara'
- Tiara: For other uses, see Tiara (disambiguation). For the crown worn by Popes, see Papal tiara. A tiara (from Latin: tiara, from Ancient Greek: τιάρα)
- Continental Tiara series: Continental Tiara series are a family of air-cooled, horizontally opposed aircraft engines. Designed and built by Continental Motors/TCM, the Tiara series
- Napoleon Tiara: The Napoleon Tiara was a papal tiara given to Pope Pius VII in June 1805 on the occasion of the coronation of Napoleon I and Joséphine de Beauharnais
- Tiara of Pope John XXIII: The Tiara of Pope John XXIII was the personal Papal Tiara (triregnum in Latin, triregno in Italian) presented by the region of Bergamo to Angelo Roncalli
- German Tiara: The German Tiara was donated to Pope Leo XIII by Kaiser Wilhelm I of Germany in 1887, officially to commemorate the golden jubilee of Leo's ordination
- Papier-mâché tiara: The papier-mâché tiara is a papal tiara that was made in exile for Pope Pius VII's papal coronation in a church in Venice. In 1798, Pope Pius's predecessor
- Austrian Tiara: The Austrian Tiara was a papal tiara given to Pope Leo XIII by the Emperor of Austria and King of Hungary, Franz Josef I, in 1894. Records suggest that
- Golden Tiara: The Golden Tiara was a gold and silver papal tiara given to Pope Leo XIII in 1903. The tiara was given by the Vicar-General of Rome on behalf of the world's
Words and phrases related to 'Tiara'