Dictionary Meaning and Definition on 'Throwaway'
- thrown away; "wearing someone's cast-off clothes"; "throwaway children living on the streets"; "salvaged some thrown-away furniture" [syn: cast-off(a), discarded, throwaway(a), thrown-away(a)]
- intended to be thrown away after use; "throwaway diapers" [syn: throwaway(p)] n
- a homeless child who has been abandoned and roams the streets [syn: street arab, gamin]
- an advertisement (usually printed on a page or in a leaflet) intended for wide distribution; "he mailed the circular to all subscribers" [syn: circular, handbill, bill, broadside, broadsheet, flier, flyer]
- words spoken in a casual way with conscious under-emphasis
Wikipedia Meaning and Definition on 'Throwaway'
This is an episode list for the FX crime drama The Shield. Dates shown are original air dates. The series began on March 12, 2002 and ended November 25, 2008.
A total of 88 episodes of The Shield were aired. One additional "mini-episode"–Wins and Losses–running 15 minutes was filmed as promotion for the sixth season. Originally placed on the internet, it was also included on the season 5 DVD box set.
Season 2 includes the introduction of a smart, tough, Mexican criminal called "Armadillo." It also includes the beginning of the "Money Train" storyline.[See more about Throwaway at Dictionary 3.0 Encyclopedia]
Words and phrases related to 'Throwaway'
Throwaway Sample Sentences in News
- Call for end to 'throwaway society'
A ban on sending leftover food to landfill is needed to move away from a 'throwaway society', say MPs. Read more on this news related to 'Throwaway'
- Note to MPs: Stay clothed
National MP Nick Smith has defended a throwaway comment he made about fat politicians. Read more on this news related to 'Throwaway'
- VIDEO: Call for end to 'throwaway society'
MPs have called for a ban on food waste going in to landfill. Read more on this news related to 'Throwaway'