Dictionary Meaning and Definition on 'Termination'
Termination Meaning and Definition from WordNet (r) 2.0
- a coming to an end of a contract period; "the expiry of his driver's license" [syn: expiration, expiry]
- a place where something ends or is complete [syn: end point, endpoint, terminus]
- something that results; "he listened for the results on the radio" [syn: result, resultant, final result, outcome]
- the end of a word (a suffix or inflectional ending or final morpheme); "I don't like words that have -ism as an ending" [syn: ending]
- the act of ending something; "the termination of the agreement" [syn: ending, conclusion]
- Termination \Ter`mi*na"tion\, n. [L. terminatio a bounding,
fixing, determining: cf. F. terminasion, OF. also
termination. See Term.]
- The act of terminating, or of limiting or setting bounds; the act of ending or concluding; as, a voluntary termination of hostilities.
- That which ends or bounds; limit in space or extent; bound; end; as, the termination of a line.
- End in time or existence; as, the termination of the year, or of life; the termination of happiness.
- End; conclusion; result. --Hallam.
- Last purpose of design. [R.]
- A word; a term. [R. & Obs.] --Shak.
- (Gram.) The ending of a word; a final syllable or letter; the part added to a stem in inflection.
Wikipedia Meaning and Definition on 'Termination'
- Termination: Termination may refer to: In science: Termination codon , in molecular biology. Termination factor , in genetics, part of the process of ...
- Termination of employment: Termination of employment is the end of an employee 's duration with an employer . Depending on the case, the decision may be made by the ...
- Indian termination policy: Indian termination was the policy of the United States from the mid-1940s to the mid-1960s The belief was that Native Americans would be ...
- Electrical termination: Electrical termination of a signal involves providing a terminator at the end of a wire or cable to prevent an RF signal from being ...
- Termination analysis: In computer science , a termination analysis is program analysis which attempts to determine whether the evaluation of a given program ...
- Call termination: Call termination, also known as voice termination, refers to the routing of telephone call s from one telephone company , also known as a ...
- Chain termination: Chain termination is any chemical reaction that ceases the formation of reactive intermediates in a chain propagation step in the course ...
- Termination factor: Termination is part of the process of transcribing RNA . In eukaryotes , a termination factor is required to release the newly made ...
Words and phrases related to 'Termination'