Dictionary Meaning and Definition on 'Termination'
Termination Meaning and Definition from WordNet (r) 2.0
- a coming to an end of a contract period; "the expiry of his driver's license" [syn: expiration, expiry]
- a place where something ends or is complete [syn: end point, endpoint, terminus]
- something that results; "he listened for the results on the radio" [syn: result, resultant, final result, outcome]
- the end of a word (a suffix or inflectional ending or final morpheme); "I don't like words that have -ism as an ending" [syn: ending]
- the act of ending something; "the termination of the agreement" [syn: ending, conclusion]
- Termination \Ter`mi*na"tion\, n. [L. terminatio a bounding,
fixing, determining: cf. F. terminasion, OF. also
termination. See Term.]
- The act of terminating, or of limiting or setting bounds; the act of ending or concluding; as, a voluntary termination of hostilities.
- That which ends or bounds; limit in space or extent; bound; end; as, the termination of a line.
- End in time or existence; as, the termination of the year, or of life; the termination of happiness.
- End; conclusion; result. --Hallam.
- Last purpose of design. [R.]
- A word; a term. [R. & Obs.] --Shak.
- (Gram.) The ending of a word; a final syllable or letter; the part added to a stem in inflection.
Wikipedia Meaning and Definition on 'Termination'
- Termination: Termination may refer to: In science: Termination codon , in molecular biology. Termination factor , in genetics, part of the process of ...
- Termination of employment: Termination of employment is the end of an employee 's duration with an employer . Depending on the case, the decision may be made by the ...
- Indian termination policy: Indian termination was the policy of the United States from the mid-1940s to the mid-1960s The belief was that Native Americans would be ...
- Electrical termination: Electrical termination of a signal involves providing a terminator at the end of a wire or cable to prevent an RF signal from being ...
- Termination analysis: In computer science , a termination analysis is program analysis which attempts to determine whether the evaluation of a given program ...
- Call termination: Call termination, also known as voice termination, refers to the routing of telephone call s from one telephone company , also known as a ...
- Chain termination: Chain termination is any chemical reaction that ceases the formation of reactive intermediates in a chain propagation step in the course ...
- Termination factor: Termination is part of the process of transcribing RNA . In eukaryotes , a termination factor is required to release the newly made ...
Words and phrases related to 'Termination'
Termination Sample Sentences in News
- Samba spy case: Termination of services not malafide, says SC
New Delhi, March 6 (IANS) The Supreme Court Thursday upheld the termination of services of five Indian army officers for their alleged involvement in an espionage for Pakistani intelligence in Jammu and Kashmir in the early 1970s in what came to be known as the Samba spy case. "No credible evidence or material produced before the court impels us to come to th Read more on this news related to 'Termination'
- Fiera Capital Corporation confirms the termination of the Fiera Diversified Strategy Fund
Fiera Capital Corporation confirms the termination of the Fiera Diversified Strategy Fund Read more on this news related to 'Termination'
- Ex-Dolphins trainer Kevin O'Neill poised to fight termination
O'Neill released statement through attorney saying alleged offense don't justify firing Kevin O’Neill, the longtime Dolphins trainer who was fired last month in the wake of the Wells Report, released a statement Thursday through his attorney, and it seems as though O’Neill is ready to fight his termination. Read more on this news related to 'Termination'