Dictionary Meaning and Definition on 'Termination'
Termination Meaning and Definition from WordNet (r) 2.0
- a coming to an end of a contract period; "the expiry of his driver's license" [syn: expiration, expiry]
- a place where something ends or is complete [syn: end point, endpoint, terminus]
- something that results; "he listened for the results on the radio" [syn: result, resultant, final result, outcome]
- the end of a word (a suffix or inflectional ending or final morpheme); "I don't like words that have -ism as an ending" [syn: ending]
- the act of ending something; "the termination of the agreement" [syn: ending, conclusion]
- Termination \Ter`mi*na"tion\, n. [L. terminatio a bounding,
fixing, determining: cf. F. terminasion, OF. also
termination. See Term.]
- The act of terminating, or of limiting or setting bounds; the act of ending or concluding; as, a voluntary termination of hostilities.
- That which ends or bounds; limit in space or extent; bound; end; as, the termination of a line.
- End in time or existence; as, the termination of the year, or of life; the termination of happiness.
- End; conclusion; result. --Hallam.
- Last purpose of design. [R.]
- A word; a term. [R. & Obs.] --Shak.
- (Gram.) The ending of a word; a final syllable or letter; the part added to a stem in inflection.
Wikipedia Meaning and Definition on 'Termination'
- Termination: Termination may refer to: In science: Termination codon , in molecular biology. Termination factor , in genetics, part of the process of ...
- Termination of employment: Termination of employment is the end of an employee 's duration with an employer . Depending on the case, the decision may be made by the ...
- Indian termination policy: Indian termination was the policy of the United States from the mid-1940s to the mid-1960s The belief was that Native Americans would be ...
- Electrical termination: Electrical termination of a signal involves providing a terminator at the end of a wire or cable to prevent an RF signal from being ...
- Termination analysis: In computer science , a termination analysis is program analysis which attempts to determine whether the evaluation of a given program ...
- Call termination: Call termination, also known as voice termination, refers to the routing of telephone call s from one telephone company , also known as a ...
- Chain termination: Chain termination is any chemical reaction that ceases the formation of reactive intermediates in a chain propagation step in the course ...
- Termination factor: Termination is part of the process of transcribing RNA . In eukaryotes , a termination factor is required to release the newly made ...
Words and phrases related to 'Termination'
Termination Sample Sentences in News
- Salix Announces Early Termination of HSR Waiting Period for Pending Transaction
Salix Pharmaceuticals, Ltd. today announced that it has received notice of the early termination of the waiting period for U.S. antitrust review under the Hart-Scott-Rodino Antitrust Improvements Act of 1976, as amended, relating to its previously announced combination transaction with Cosmo Pharmaceuticals S.p.A. Read more on this news related to 'Termination'
- California city looks to quit Calpers, fears it can't afford to
By Tim Reid LOS ANGELES (Reuters) - Officials in Villa Park are considering pulling the tiny California city from Calpers, saying the monthly costs of the state's giant public pension system are crippling the municipal budget. Calpers, America's biggest public pension fund with assets of $300 billion, last provided the city with a hypothetical termination Read more on this news related to 'Termination'
- Sergeants’ time off triggers probe
Two Columbus police sergeants are facing termination after city safety officials determined they took advantage of holes in the Police Division’s time-off policy to collect more than $15,000 in wages they didn’t earn. Read more on this news related to 'Termination'