Dictionary Meaning and Definition on 'Termination'
Termination Meaning and Definition from WordNet (r) 2.0
- a coming to an end of a contract period; "the expiry of his driver's license" [syn: expiration, expiry]
- a place where something ends or is complete [syn: end point, endpoint, terminus]
- something that results; "he listened for the results on the radio" [syn: result, resultant, final result, outcome]
- the end of a word (a suffix or inflectional ending or final morpheme); "I don't like words that have -ism as an ending" [syn: ending]
- the act of ending something; "the termination of the agreement" [syn: ending, conclusion]
- Termination \Ter`mi*na"tion\, n. [L. terminatio a bounding,
fixing, determining: cf. F. terminasion, OF. also
termination. See Term.]
- The act of terminating, or of limiting or setting bounds; the act of ending or concluding; as, a voluntary termination of hostilities.
- That which ends or bounds; limit in space or extent; bound; end; as, the termination of a line.
- End in time or existence; as, the termination of the year, or of life; the termination of happiness.
- End; conclusion; result. --Hallam.
- Last purpose of design. [R.]
- A word; a term. [R. & Obs.] --Shak.
- (Gram.) The ending of a word; a final syllable or letter; the part added to a stem in inflection.
Wikipedia Meaning and Definition on 'Termination'
- Termination: Termination may refer to: In science: Termination codon , in molecular biology. Termination factor , in genetics, part of the process of ...
- Termination of employment: Termination of employment is the end of an employee 's duration with an employer . Depending on the case, the decision may be made by the ...
- Indian termination policy: Indian termination was the policy of the United States from the mid-1940s to the mid-1960s The belief was that Native Americans would be ...
- Electrical termination: Electrical termination of a signal involves providing a terminator at the end of a wire or cable to prevent an RF signal from being ...
- Termination analysis: In computer science , a termination analysis is program analysis which attempts to determine whether the evaluation of a given program ...
- Call termination: Call termination, also known as voice termination, refers to the routing of telephone call s from one telephone company , also known as a ...
- Chain termination: Chain termination is any chemical reaction that ceases the formation of reactive intermediates in a chain propagation step in the course ...
- Termination factor: Termination is part of the process of transcribing RNA . In eukaryotes , a termination factor is required to release the newly made ...
Words and phrases related to 'Termination'
Termination Sample Sentences in News
- Correctional officers, inmates' families accused of sneaking in phones
Termination records obtained by the Channel 4 I-Team show 17 state employees were fired in 2011, accused of bringing contraband into prisons, including cell phones. Read more on this news related to 'Termination'
- Strategic Hotels & Resorts, Inc. Announces Termination of Stockholder Rights Plan
CHICAGO, May 20, 2013 /PRNewswire/ -- Strategic Hotels & Resorts (NYSE: BEE) today announced that its Board of Directors approved an amendment to the Company's stockholder rights plan to accelerate the ... Read more on this news related to 'Termination'
- Rio Cristal Announces Termination of Option Agreement
Rio Cristal Resources Corporation announces that it has terminated its option agreement to acquire the Bongará zinc property in Northern Peru effective May 16, 2013.... Read more on this news related to 'Termination'