Dictionary Meaning and Definition on 'Termination'
Termination Meaning and Definition from WordNet (r) 2.0
- a coming to an end of a contract period; "the expiry of his driver's license" [syn: expiration, expiry]
- a place where something ends or is complete [syn: end point, endpoint, terminus]
- something that results; "he listened for the results on the radio" [syn: result, resultant, final result, outcome]
- the end of a word (a suffix or inflectional ending or final morpheme); "I don't like words that have -ism as an ending" [syn: ending]
- the act of ending something; "the termination of the agreement" [syn: ending, conclusion]
- Termination \Ter`mi*na"tion\, n. [L. terminatio a bounding,
fixing, determining: cf. F. terminasion, OF. also
termination. See Term.]
- The act of terminating, or of limiting or setting bounds; the act of ending or concluding; as, a voluntary termination of hostilities.
- That which ends or bounds; limit in space or extent; bound; end; as, the termination of a line.
- End in time or existence; as, the termination of the year, or of life; the termination of happiness.
- End; conclusion; result. --Hallam.
- Last purpose of design. [R.]
- A word; a term. [R. & Obs.] --Shak.
- (Gram.) The ending of a word; a final syllable or letter; the part added to a stem in inflection.
Wikipedia Meaning and Definition on 'Termination'
- Termination: Termination may refer to: In science: Termination codon , in molecular biology. Termination factor , in genetics, part of the process of ...
- Termination of employment: Termination of employment is the end of an employee 's duration with an employer . Depending on the case, the decision may be made by the ...
- Indian termination policy: Indian termination was the policy of the United States from the mid-1940s to the mid-1960s The belief was that Native Americans would be ...
- Electrical termination: Electrical termination of a signal involves providing a terminator at the end of a wire or cable to prevent an RF signal from being ...
- Termination analysis: In computer science , a termination analysis is program analysis which attempts to determine whether the evaluation of a given program ...
- Call termination: Call termination, also known as voice termination, refers to the routing of telephone call s from one telephone company , also known as a ...
- Chain termination: Chain termination is any chemical reaction that ceases the formation of reactive intermediates in a chain propagation step in the course ...
- Termination factor: Termination is part of the process of transcribing RNA . In eukaryotes , a termination factor is required to release the newly made ...
Words and phrases related to 'Termination'
Termination Sample Sentences in News
- New Sensored Termination from 3M Enables Real-time Monitoring to Support Grid Automation in Underground Distribution ...
The 3M Electrical Markets Division, the innovators of cold shrink technology, introduces a new sensing solution that enables power utilities to monitor their underground distribution systems, helping utilities realize the benefits of their grid automation systems. Read more on this news related to 'Termination'
- Van Osdol & Magruder Reviews Employee Termination in the Age of the Internet
With the advent of the Internet and the almost instantaneous dissemination of recordings, postings and pictures, behavior which may have been overlooked or was unknown by an employer 10 years ago is now ... Read more on this news related to 'Termination'
- Unjustified termination, cry church workers
Two senior church workers have filed a complaint on unjust termination of employment at the Industrial Relations Department recently. Read more on this news related to 'Termination'