Tawny Meaning and Definition in Dictionary
Definitions from Wordnet 2.0
- of a light brown to brownish orange color
Would you like to add your own explaination to this word 'Tawny'?
Wikipedia Meaning and Definition on 'Tawny'
- Tawny: Tawny may refer to: Tawny (given name), a feminine given name Tawny (color) Tawny port, a strong aged wine Tawny, a 1954 record album by Jackie Gleason
- Tawny owl: owl" redirects here. For other uses, see Brown owl (disambiguation). The tawny owl or brown owl (Strix aluco) is a stocky, medium-sized owl commonly found
- Tawny (color): For other uses, see Tawny (disambiguation). Tawny (also called tenné) is a light brown to brownish-orange color. The word means "tan-colored", from
- Tawny-faced quail: The tawny-faced quail (Rhynchortyx cinctus) is a species of bird in the Odontophoridae family, and the only species in its genus Rhynchortyx. It is found
- Tawny tuco-tuco: The tawny tuco-tuco (Ctenomys fulvus) is a species of rodent in the family Ctenomyidae. It is found in Argentina and Chile. Bidau, C., Lessa, E. &
- Tawny-breasted myiobius: The tawny-breasted myiobius or tawny-breasted flycatcher (Myiobius villosus) is a species of bird in the Tyrannidae family. It is found in Bolivia, Colombia
- Tawny-tufted toucanet: The tawny-tufted toucanet (Selenidera nattereri) is a species of bird in the Ramphastidae family. It is found in Brazil, Colombia, French Guiana, Guyana
- Tawny frogmouth: The tawny frogmouth (Podargus strigoides) is a species of frogmouth native to Australia that is found throughout the Australian mainland and Tasmania
- Tawny-headed swallow: The tawny-headed swallow (Alopochelidon fucata) is a species of bird in the Hirundinidae family. It is monotypic within the genus Alopochelidon. It is
- Tawny-breasted wren-babbler: The tawny-breasted wren-babbler (Spelaeornis longicaudatus) is a species of bird in the Timaliidae family. It is endemic to India. Its natural habitat
Words and phrases related to 'Tawny'
Meaning of the Name 'Tawny'
- Meaning: A green field: the warm sandy color of a lion's coat.
- Origin: Irish
- Gender: Female
Tawny Sample Sentences in News
- Tawny owl in 10-mile roof rack trip
A tawny owl flew into the path of a car and became trapped after getting its head stuck in the roof rack of the vehicle. Read more on this news related to 'Tawny'
- Watch: Ex-Fiancee Threatens Man's New Girlfriend, Co-Worker
Part 2: Police finally make a breakthrough in the case against Tawny Blazejowski, who documented her crimes. Read more on this news related to 'Tawny'
- Sandeman's tawny ports warm a winter's evening
On a freezing night in January, George Sandeman arrived at The Modern restaurant in Manhattan and warmed me with his tawny ports. Sandeman is the seventh generation of an internationally renowned family-directed Port house that was founded by his namesake... Read more on this news related to 'Tawny'