Tawny Meaning and Definition in Dictionary
Definitions from Wordnet 2.0
- of a light brown to brownish orange color
Would you like to add your own explaination to this word 'Tawny'?
Wikipedia Meaning and Definition on 'Tawny'
- Tawny: Tawny may refer to: Tawny (given name), a feminine given name Tawny (color) Tawny port, a strong aged wine Tawny, a 1954 record album by Jackie Gleason
- Tawny owl: owl" redirects here. For other uses, see Brown owl (disambiguation). The tawny owl or brown owl (Strix aluco) is a stocky, medium-sized owl commonly found
- Tawny (color): For other uses, see Tawny (disambiguation). Tawny (also called tenné) is a light brown to brownish-orange color. The word means "tan-colored", from
- Tawny-faced quail: The tawny-faced quail (Rhynchortyx cinctus) is a species of bird in the Odontophoridae family, and the only species in its genus Rhynchortyx. It is found
- Tawny tuco-tuco: The tawny tuco-tuco (Ctenomys fulvus) is a species of rodent in the family Ctenomyidae. It is found in Argentina and Chile. Bidau, C., Lessa, E. &
- Tawny-breasted myiobius: The tawny-breasted myiobius or tawny-breasted flycatcher (Myiobius villosus) is a species of bird in the Tyrannidae family. It is found in Bolivia, Colombia
- Tawny-tufted toucanet: The tawny-tufted toucanet (Selenidera nattereri) is a species of bird in the Ramphastidae family. It is found in Brazil, Colombia, French Guiana, Guyana
- Tawny frogmouth: The tawny frogmouth (Podargus strigoides) is a species of frogmouth native to Australia that is found throughout the Australian mainland and Tasmania
- Tawky Tawny: Mister Tawky Tawny is a fictional character, an anthropomorphic tiger who appears as a supporting character of Captain Marvel and the Marvel Family in
- Tawny pipit: The tawny pipit (Anthus campestris) is a medium-large passerine bird which breeds in much of temperate Europe and Asia, and northwest Africa. It is a
Words and phrases related to 'Tawny'
Meaning of the Name 'Tawny'
- Meaning: A green field: the warm sandy color of a lion's coat.
- Origin: Irish
- Gender: Female