Tawny Meaning and Definition in Dictionary
Definitions from Wordnet 2.0
- of a light brown to brownish orange color
Would you like to add your own explaination to this word 'Tawny'?
Wikipedia Meaning and Definition on 'Tawny'
- Tawny: Tawny may refer to: Tawny (given name), a feminine given name Tawny (color) Tawny port, a strong aged wine Tawny, a 1954 record album by Jackie Gleason
- Tawny owl: owl" redirects here. For other uses, see Brown owl (disambiguation). The tawny owl or brown owl (Strix aluco) is a stocky, medium-sized owl commonly found
- Tawny (color): For other uses, see Tawny (disambiguation). Tawny (also called tenné) is a light brown to brownish-orange color. The word means "tan-colored", from
- Tawny-faced quail: The tawny-faced quail (Rhynchortyx cinctus) is a species of bird in the Odontophoridae family, and the only species in its genus Rhynchortyx. It is found
- Tawny tuco-tuco: The tawny tuco-tuco (Ctenomys fulvus) is a species of rodent in the family Ctenomyidae. It is found in Argentina and Chile. Bidau, C., Lessa, E. &
- Tawny-breasted myiobius: The tawny-breasted myiobius or tawny-breasted flycatcher (Myiobius villosus) is a species of bird in the Tyrannidae family. It is found in Bolivia, Colombia
- Tawny-tufted toucanet: The tawny-tufted toucanet (Selenidera nattereri) is a species of bird in the Ramphastidae family. It is found in Brazil, Colombia, French Guiana, Guyana
- Tawny frogmouth: The tawny frogmouth (Podargus strigoides) is a species of frogmouth native to Australia that is found throughout the Australian mainland and Tasmania
- Tawny-headed swallow: The tawny-headed swallow (Alopochelidon fucata) is a species of bird in the Hirundinidae family. It is monotypic within the genus Alopochelidon. It is
- Tawny pipit: The tawny pipit (Anthus campestris) is a medium-large passerine bird which breeds in much of temperate Europe and Asia, and northwest Africa. It is a
Words and phrases related to 'Tawny'
Meaning of the Name 'Tawny'
- Meaning: A green field: the warm sandy color of a lion's coat.
- Origin: Irish
- Gender: Female
Tawny Sample Sentences in News
- Watch: Tawny frogmouth enjoys a shower
A TAWNY frogmouth that has been looked after by a Gladstone wildlife carer for 14 months is set to be released soon, but not before it enjoys a few more baths. Read more on this news related to 'Tawny'
- Overpumping of Central Valley groundwater creating a crisis, experts say
A simple instrument with a weight and a pulley confirmed what hydrologist Michelle Sneed had suspected after seeing more and more dirt vanish from the base of her equipment each time she returned to her research site last summer. The tawny San Joaquin Valley earth was sinking a half-inch each... Read more on this news related to 'Tawny'
- On a Maine windjammer, feasts of food and scenery
It's a classic summer day in Maine. Sunny but not hot. Breezy but not cold. From my perch on the deck of the schooner Lewis R. French, I watch the New England scenery slip past: lighthouses, evergreens, tawny-colored shorelines of massive rocks that appear to have been scattered by giants playing dominoes. Read more on this news related to 'Tawny'