Dictionary Meaning and Definition on 'Tawny'
Tawny Meaning and Definition from WordNet (r) 2.0
adj : of a light brown to brownish orange color
- Tawny \Taw"ny\, a. [Compar. Tawnier; superl. Tawniest.] [F.
tann['e], p. p. of tanner to tan. See Tan, v. t. & n. Cf.
Of a dull yellowish brown color, like things tanned, or
persons who are sunburnt; as, tawny Moor or Spaniard; the
tawny lion. ``A leopard's tawny and spotted hide.''
Wikipedia Meaning and Definition on 'Tawny'
- Tawny: Tawny may refer to: Tawny (given name), a feminine given name. Tawny (color) Tawny port , a strong aged wine. Tawny, a 1954 record album by ...
- Tawny Owl: The Tawny Owl or Brown Owl (Strix aluco) is a stocky, medium-sized owl commonly found in woodland s across much of Eurasia . ...
- Tawny (color): Tawny is a yellowish brown color The word means "tan-colored," from Anglo-French tauné "associated with the brownish-yellow of tanned ...
- Tawny Eagle: The Tawny Eagle (Aquila rapax) is a large bird of prey . It is about 62–72 cm in length and has a wingspan of 165–185 cm and it weighs 1.6 ...
- Tawny Pipit: The Tawny Pipit, Anthus campestris, is a medium-large passerine bird which breeds in much of temperate Europe and Asia , and northwest ...
- Tawny Frogmouth: The Tawny Frogmouth, Podargus strigoides, is an Australia n variety of frogmouth , a type of bird found throughout the Australian mainland ...
- Tawny Kitaen: Julie "Tawny" Kitaen (kɨˈteɪ. ən | pron; born August 5, 1961 is an American actress and media personality. She became famous in the 1980s ...
Words and phrases related to 'Tawny'
Meaning of the Name 'Tawny'
- Meaning: A green field: the warm sandy color of a lion's coat.
- Origin: Irish
- Gender: Female