Tawny Meaning and Definition in Dictionary
Definitions from Wordnet 2.0
- of a light brown to brownish orange color
Would you like to add your own explaination to this word 'Tawny'?
Wikipedia Meaning and Definition on 'Tawny'
- Tawny: Tawny may refer to: Tawny (given name), a feminine given name Tawny (color) Tawny port, a strong aged wine Tawny, a 1954 record album by Jackie Gleason
- Tawny owl: owl" redirects here. For other uses, see Brown owl (disambiguation). The tawny owl or brown owl (Strix aluco) is a stocky, medium-sized owl commonly found
- Tawny (color): For other uses, see Tawny (disambiguation). Tawny (also called tenné) is a light brown to brownish-orange color. The word means "tan-colored", from
- Tawny-faced quail: The tawny-faced quail (Rhynchortyx cinctus) is a species of bird in the Odontophoridae family, and the only species in its genus Rhynchortyx. It is found
- Tawny tuco-tuco: The tawny tuco-tuco (Ctenomys fulvus) is a species of rodent in the family Ctenomyidae. It is found in Argentina and Chile. Bidau, C., Lessa, E. &
- Tawny Little: Tawny Elaine Little (née Godin; born September 15, 1956, Portland, Maine) is an American television presenter and former Miss America (1976). Little
- Tawny-breasted myiobius: The tawny-breasted myiobius or tawny-breasted flycatcher (Myiobius villosus) is a species of bird in the Tyrannidae family. It is found in Bolivia, Colombia
- Tawny-tufted toucanet: The tawny-tufted toucanet (Selenidera nattereri) is a species of bird in the Ramphastidae family. It is found in Brazil, Colombia, French Guiana, Guyana
- Tawky Tawny: Mister Tawky Tawny is a fictional character, an anthropomorphic tiger who appears as a supporting character of Captain Marvel and the Marvel Family in
- Tawny frogmouth: The tawny frogmouth (Podargus strigoides) is a species of frogmouth native to Australia that is found throughout the Australian mainland and Tasmania
Words and phrases related to 'Tawny'
Meaning of the Name 'Tawny'
- Meaning: A green field: the warm sandy color of a lion's coat.
- Origin: Irish
- Gender: Female
Tawny Sample Sentences in News
- Boplaas Cape Tawny Show Reserve N/V flying high – SAA “Port of the Year” Trophy
Capping off an exceptional year of success, the Boplaas Cape Tawny Show Reserve Non-Vintage (N/V) was selected as “Port of the Year” and will be served to all flying Premium Class with SAA in 2015, while not to be outdone the Boplaas Cape Tawny N/V can be enjoyed while flying Business Class on our national carrier. Read more on this news related to 'Tawny'
- Tawny owl roosts in Knebworth dinosaur
A brave bird has found an unusual place to make its nest this winter – in the mouth of a terrifying dinosaur. Read more on this news related to 'Tawny'
- wine.co.za | news | A 5 star Platter for Boplaas Cape Tawny after 4 super awards.
The stellar Boplaas Cape Tawny Vintners Reserve N/V, managed to scoop one of only two 5 Star Platter’s awarded to fortified Port-styled wines in the upcoming edition of this longstanding guide to South African wine. Read more on this news related to 'Tawny'