Tawdry Meaning and Definition in Dictionary
Definitions from Wordnet 2.0
- cheap and shoddy; "cheapjack moviemaking...that feeds on the low taste of the mob"- Judith Crist
- tastelessly showy; "a flash car"; "a flashy ring"; "garish colors"; "a gaudy costume"; "loud sport shirts"; "a meretricious yet stylish book"; "tawdry ornaments"
Would you like to add your own explaination to this word 'Tawdry'?
Words and phrases related to 'Tawdry'
Tawdry Sample Sentences in News
- Biggest Loser's Bob Harper, Shahs of Sunset's Reza Farahan Had a "Tawdry" Fling
The Biggest Loser's Bob Harper confirmed on Watch What Happens Live that he and Shahs of Sunset star Reza Farahan once dated and had a "tawdry little thing" -- get the scoop here! Read more on this news related to 'Tawdry'
- ‘Tawdry political tactics’ unsettling investors, says business group
Britain’s Prime Minister David Cameron. LONDON: Britain’s parties should step away from “tawdry political tactics” that are unsettling investors before a 2015 election and focus instead on spelling out long-terms plans for the economy, a business lobby group said on Monday. Read more on this news related to 'Tawdry'
- 'Biggest Loser's' Bob Harper reveals 'tawdry' fling with 'Shahs of Sunset's' Reza Farahan
Holy smokes, Andy Cohen. Bob Harper and Reza Farahan dated, dated? According to Tuesday (Jan. 13) night's "What What Happens Live" -- you know, the show where Bravo's Cohen gets everyone to reveal their deepest, darkest secrets -- "The Biggest Loser" trainer revealed that he totally used to date the "Shahs of Sunset" reality s Read more on this news related to 'Tawdry'