Tawdry Meaning and Definition in Dictionary
Definitions from Wordnet 2.0
- cheap and shoddy; "cheapjack moviemaking...that feeds on the low taste of the mob"- Judith Crist
- tastelessly showy; "a flash car"; "a flashy ring"; "garish colors"; "a gaudy costume"; "loud sport shirts"; "a meretricious yet stylish book"; "tawdry ornaments"
Would you like to add your own explaination to this word 'Tawdry'?
Words and phrases related to 'Tawdry'
Tawdry Sample Sentences in News
- Bangkok's Khao San Road a tawdry, tacky riot
At one time, I was a backpacker. My budget was such that I slept in the cheapest possible accommodations and put my money into more important considerations. These days, however, I prefer to sleep in a nice bed and avoid the beer parlours. If you are travelling to Bangkok, Thailand, you might want to do the same and avoid the dodgy hotels of world famous Khao San Read more on this news related to 'Tawdry'
- Lurid trial of Peoria mother escapes notice
A woman is accused in Maricopa County Superior Court of murdering a man she said she feared, as prosecutors lay out bloody evidence and her tawdry text messages Read more on this news related to 'Tawdry'
- Filmmaker explores meaning of freedom in 'Haebangchon'
A drug crime movie set in Haebangchon might sound like the tawdry imaginings of a xenophobic campaign group, but the plot in "Haebangchon: Chapter 1" seems to have more to do with the area's Korean-influenced nickname - Liberation Village. "Each individual person in this film needs to find their own individual freedom. That's what the film i Read more on this news related to 'Tawdry'