Tawdry Meaning and Definition in Dictionary
Definitions from Wordnet 2.0
- cheap and shoddy; "cheapjack moviemaking...that feeds on the low taste of the mob"- Judith Crist
- tastelessly showy; "a flash car"; "a flashy ring"; "garish colors"; "a gaudy costume"; "loud sport shirts"; "a meretricious yet stylish book"; "tawdry ornaments"
Would you like to add your own explaination to this word 'Tawdry'?
Words and phrases related to 'Tawdry'
Tawdry Sample Sentences in News
- Paul Chowdhry review tawdry gags about Gypsies, gay people and the French
Beck theatre, Hayes The standups PCs World seldom strays from xenophobia in a show full of poor jokes and weak puns Never mind the broadcasts: TV doesnt make or break a standup Paul Chowdhrys touring show, PCs World, neither interrogates political correctness, as he claims, nor even baits it in an interesting way. Instead, its a parade of tawdry gags about Gypsies Read more on this news related to 'Tawdry'
- Clegg vows to devolve more powers
Nick Clegg has pledged to "keep hammering away" for further constitutional changes to reform the "tawdry" Westminster system and devolve more powers to the UK's nations, regions and cities. Read more on this news related to 'Tawdry'
- Chrissy Teigen Exposes Nipple While Snuggling With John Legend—Did She Know What She Was Doing?
What appears to be a cute photo of Chrissy Teigen snuggling with her husband John Legend is actually a tad tawdry. The braless beauty exposed her right nipple through her sheer shirt via Instagram... Read more on this news related to 'Tawdry'