Taught Meaning and Definition in Dictionary
Definitions from Wordnet 2.0
- (all used chiefly with qualifiers `well'' or `poorly'' or `un-'') having received specific instruction; "unschooled ruffians"; "well tutored applicants"
Would you like to add your own explaination to this word 'Taught'?
Taught Meaning and Definition in Wikipedia
Pedagogy is the art or science of being a teacher.
The word pedagogy comes from the Greek word paidagōgeō, which means "to lead the child." In Ancient Greece, it was usually a slave who helped his master's son get an education. The slave would bring the master's son to school and carry his school things for him, such as a musical instrument.
'Taught' example sentence in quotations
* Life has taught us that love does not consist in gazing at each other but in looking outward together in the same direction. - Antoine De Saint-Exupery
* The things taught in colleges and schools are not an education, but the means of education. - Ralph Waldo Emerson
Click here for more related quotations on 'Taught'
Taught Sample Sentences in News
- Mixing age groups in class affects girls more than boys
Girls taught with older children had lower reading and maths test scores Read more on this news related to 'Taught'
- 'Sally' Deen, who taught Sunday school for 80 years, dies at 108
Utha "Sally" Blackburn Deen, who helped raise money to build Central Baptist Hospital, died Saturday. Read more on this news related to 'Taught'
- Friday Night Lights Director: Why My Son Now Plays Lacrosse
Young boys must be taught to play football without leading with or lowering their heads Read more on this news related to 'Taught'