Taught Meaning and Definition in Dictionary
Definitions from Wordnet 2.0
- (all used chiefly with qualifiers `well'' or `poorly'' or `un-'') having received specific instruction; "unschooled ruffians"; "well tutored applicants"
Would you like to add your own explaination to this word 'Taught'?
Taught Meaning and Definition in Wikipedia
Pedagogy is the art or science of being a teacher.
The word pedagogy comes from the Greek word paidagōgeō, which means "to lead the child." In Ancient Greece, it was usually a slave who helped his master's son get an education. The slave would bring the master's son to school and carry his school things for him, such as a musical instrument.
'Taught' example sentence in quotations
* Life has taught us that love does not consist in gazing at each other but in looking outward together in the same direction. - Antoine De Saint-Exupery
* The things taught in colleges and schools are not an education, but the means of education. - Ralph Waldo Emerson
Click here for more related quotations on 'Taught'
Taught Sample Sentences in News
- Racist chant taught on fraternity leadership cruise, University of Oklahoma says
An investigation by the University of Oklahoma has found that the racist chant by Sigma Alpha Epsilon fraternity members was learned during a leadership cruise sponsored by the group’s national headquarters four years ago and later taught to chapter pledges. Read more on this news related to 'Taught'
- What my time in the NICU taught me about being a mother
The time she spent in the NICU taught her how to be a mother. Read more on this news related to 'Taught'
- Br Herbertus Gampok: He taught ‘the last, the lost and the least’ in Sabah
Francis Loh pays tribute to an unsung hero who taught and worked tirelessly among poor children in the interior of Sabah. Brother Herbertus Gampok fsc, 56, one of Aliran’s members in Sabah, passed away... (Visited 29 times, 29 visits this week) The post Br Herbertus Gampok: He taught ‘the last, the lost and the least’ in Sabah appeared first on ALIRAN . Read more on this news related to 'Taught'