Taught Meaning and Definition in Dictionary
Definitions from Wordnet 2.0
- (all used chiefly with qualifiers `well'' or `poorly'' or `un-'') having received specific instruction; "unschooled ruffians"; "well tutored applicants"
Would you like to add your own explaination to this word 'Taught'?
Taught Meaning and Definition in Wikipedia
Pedagogy is the art or science of being a teacher.
The word pedagogy comes from the Greek word paidagōgeō, which means "to lead the child." In Ancient Greece, it was usually a slave who helped his master's son get an education. The slave would bring the master's son to school and carry his school things for him, such as a musical instrument.
'Taught' example sentence in quotations
* Life has taught us that love does not consist in gazing at each other but in looking outward together in the same direction. - Antoine De Saint-Exupery
* The things taught in colleges and schools are not an education, but the means of education. - Ralph Waldo Emerson
Click here for more related quotations on 'Taught'
Taught Sample Sentences in News
- Can synesthesia be taught? Colored letters, tasty sounds?
Can synesthesia have cognitive benefits and can it be taught? There are over 60 known types of synesthesia, a condition in which stimulation of one sense, such as taste, leads to automatic, involuntary experience in a second sense. People with synesthesia tend to perform better on memory tasks, particularly involving color, abstract patterns or words and this can Read more on this news related to 'Taught'
- Things I Wish They Taught in College
Things I Wish They Taught in College Read more on this news related to 'Taught'
- Not a Topix user yet?
Children were taught to be "angels instead of monsters" as par... Children were taught to be "angels instead of monsters" as part of a... Read more on this news related to 'Taught'