Taught Meaning and Definition in Dictionary
Definitions from Wordnet 2.0
- (all used chiefly with qualifiers `well'' or `poorly'' or `un-'') having received specific instruction; "unschooled ruffians"; "well tutored applicants"
Would you like to add your own explaination to this word 'Taught'?
Taught Meaning and Definition in Wikipedia
Pedagogy is the art or science of being a teacher.
The word pedagogy comes from the Greek word paidagōgeō, which means "to lead the child." In Ancient Greece, it was usually a slave who helped his master's son get an education. The slave would bring the master's son to school and carry his school things for him, such as a musical instrument.
'Taught' example sentence in quotations
* Life has taught us that love does not consist in gazing at each other but in looking outward together in the same direction. - Antoine De Saint-Exupery
* The things taught in colleges and schools are not an education, but the means of education. - Ralph Waldo Emerson
Click here for more related quotations on 'Taught'
Taught Sample Sentences in News
- James Castle, subject of Smithsonian show, put ‘taught’ in self-taught
His work is the subject of an exhibition at the Smithsonian American Art Museum. Read more on this news related to 'Taught'
- Twitter Tries Out Coupons Despite Everything Groupon Taught Us
Twitter on Tuesday morning announced that it is testing Twitter Offers, a new product that lets retailers tweet special cash-back deals, which users can then claim in brick-and-mortar stores with their linked credit and debit cards. But will people actually use it? The post Twitter Tries Out Coupons Despite Everything Groupon Taught Us appeared first on WIRED . Read more on this news related to 'Taught'
- As casualties soar, Afghan police taught how to stay alive
At a training centre near Kabul, one overriding lesson is drilled into Afghan police by their French instructors -- don't become yet another unnecessary battlefield casualty. Read more on this news related to 'Taught'