Dictionary Meaning and Definition on 'Tarsal'
Tarsal Meaning and Definition from WordNet (r) 2.0
adj : of or relating to or near the tarsus of the foot; "tarsal
n : any bone of the tarsus [syn: tarsal bone]
- Tarsal \Tar"sal\, a. (Anat.)
Of or pertaining to the tarsus (either of the foot or eye).
-- n. A tarsal bone or cartilage; a tarsale.
Tarsal tetter (Med.), an eruptive disease of the edges of
the eyelids; a kind of bleareye.
- Tarsal \Tar"sal\, n. (Zo["o]l.)
Same as Tercel. [Obs.]
Wikipedia Meaning and Definition on 'Tarsal'
- Tarsal: Tarsal could refer to: tarsus (skeleton) (skeleton) tarsus (eyelids) (eye) superior tarsal muscle (eye.
- Tarsal tunnel syndrome: Tarsal tunnel syndrome (TTS), also known as posterior tibial neuralgia, is compression neuropathy and a painful foot condition in which the ...
- Tarsal tunnel: The tarsal tunnel (flexor retinaculum) is found along the inner leg behind the medial malleolus . The tarsal tunnel is made up of bone on ...
- Superior tarsal muscle: The superior tarsal muscle (also known as Müller's muscle) is a smooth muscle adjoining the levator palpebrae superioris muscle that ...
- Tarsal Coalition: Tarsal Coalition also known as Peroneal Spastic Flatfoot : Calcaneonavicular bar : Talocalcaneal bar : Tarsal synostosis : Tarsal ...
- Lateral tarsal artery: The lateral tarsal artery (tarsal artery) arises from the dorsalis pedis , as that vessel crosses the navicular bone ; it passes in an ...