Tangential Meaning and Definition in Dictionary
Definitions from Wordnet 2.0
- of superficial relevance if any; "a digressive allusion to the day of the week"; "a tangential remark"
- of or relating to or acting along or in the direction of a tangent; "tangential forces"
Would you like to add your own explaination to this word 'Tangential'?
Wikipedia Meaning and Definition on 'Tangential'
- Tangential polygon: In Euclidean geometry, a tangential polygon, also known as a circumscribed polygon, is a convex polygon that contains an inscribed circle (also called
- Tangential angle: In geometry, the tangential angle of a curve in the Cartesian plane, at a specific point, is the angle between the tangent line to the curve at the given
- Tangential and normal components: uniquely as a sum of two vectors, one tangent to the curve, called the tangential component of the vector, and another one perpendicular to the curve, called
- Tangential triangle: In geometry, the tangential triangle of a reference triangle (other than a right triangle) is the triangle whose sides are on the tangent lines to the
- Tangential trapezoid: In Euclidean geometry, a tangential trapezoid, also called a circumscribed trapezoid, is a trapezoid whose four sides are all tangent to a circle within
- Tangential quadrilateral: In Euclidean geometry, a tangential quadrilateral (sometimes just tangent quadrilateral) or circumscribed quadrilateral is a convex quadrilateral whose
Words and phrases related to 'Tangential'
Tangential Sample Sentences in News
- What to Watch for in Super Bowl XLIX
The weird thing about the Super Bowl is that, despite being America's most-watched sporting event, the game itself seems almost tangential. The buzz around year's event, held in neutral Phoenix, Arizona, has had more to do with deflated balls, Katy Perry, and whether or not Seahawks running back Marshawn Lynch will speak to media than with the action on th Read more on this news related to 'Tangential'
- Eddie Izzard
Eddie Izzard is an award winning British comedian and actor who works in film, television and theatre. Izzard is known and loved for his often tangential, absurd and surreal comic narratives on stage. He's been described by John Cleese as being the 'lost Python'. He's won Emmy Awards, been Tony nominated for his stage work, won a New York Drama Des Read more on this news related to 'Tangential'
- Stretch Forming Machines feature customizable design.
Engineered for both extrusion and sheet stretch forming, Stretch Forming Machines can be configured to user’s needs, including integration of heat to facilitate forming of high-strength materials. Systems withstand extreme forces and deliver accurate forming results, with adjustable cycles to facilitate both traditional and tangential stretch forming. PressLink Read more on this news related to 'Tangential'