Tangential Meaning and Definition in Dictionary
Definitions from Wordnet 2.0
- of superficial relevance if any; "a digressive allusion to the day of the week"; "a tangential remark"
- of or relating to or acting along or in the direction of a tangent; "tangential forces"
Would you like to add your own explaination to this word 'Tangential'?
Wikipedia Meaning and Definition on 'Tangential'
- Tangential polygon: In Euclidean geometry, a tangential polygon, also known as a circumscribed polygon, is a convex polygon that contains an inscribed circle (also called
- Tangential angle: In geometry, the tangential angle of a curve in the Cartesian plane, at a specific point, is the angle between the tangent line to the curve at the given
- Tangential and normal components: uniquely as a sum of two vectors, one tangent to the curve, called the tangential component of the vector, and another one perpendicular to the curve, called
- Tangential trapezoid: In Euclidean geometry, a tangential trapezoid, also called a circumscribed trapezoid, is a trapezoid whose four sides are all tangent to a circle within
- Tangential quadrilateral: In Euclidean geometry, a tangential quadrilateral (sometimes just tangent quadrilateral) or circumscribed quadrilateral is a convex quadrilateral whose
- Tangential speech: Tangential speech is a communication disorder in which the train of thought of the speaker wanders and shows a lack of focus, never returning to the initial
Words and phrases related to 'Tangential'