Tamil Meaning and Definition in Dictionary
Definitions from Wordnet 2.0
- the Dravidian language spoken since prehistoric times by the Tamil people in southern India and Sri Lanka
- a member of the mixed Dravidian and Caucasoid people of southern India and Sri Lanka
- of or relating to a speaker of the Tamil language or the language itself; "the Tamil Tigers are fighting the Sinhalese in Sri Lanka"; "Tamil agglutinative phrases"
Definitions from Wiktionary
- a member of the mixed Dravidian and Caucasian people of southern India and Sri Lanka ,
- the Dravidian language spoken since prehistoric times by the Tamil in southern India and Sri Lanka
Would you like to add your own explaination to this word 'Tamil'?
Wikipedia Meaning and Definition on 'Tamil'
- Tamil: Australia) Tamil script, primarily used to write the Tamil language Tamil (Unicode block), a block of Tamil characters in Unicode Tamils, an ethnic group
- Tamil language: Tamil (English pronunciation: /ˈtæmɪl/);(தமிழ், Tamiḻ, [t̪ɐmɨɻ] ?) is a Dravidian language predominantly spoken by the Tamil people of India and Sri Lanka
- Tamil Eelam: Tamil Eelam (Tamil: தமிழீழம் tamiḻ īḻam, generally rendered outside Tamil-speaking areas as தமிழ் ஈழம்) is a proposed independent state that Tamils in
- Tamil Canadians: Tamil Canadians are Canadians of Tamil ethnic origins mostly from India and Sri Lanka. From a population of fewer than 150 Tamils in 1983, it has become
- Tamil literature: Tamil literature (Tamil: தமிழ் இலக்கியம்) refers to the literature in the Tamil language. Tamil literature has a rich and long literary tradition spanning
- Tamils: The Tamil people (Tamil: தமிழர், tamiẓar (singular) ? [t̪ɐmɪɻɐɾ], or Tamil: தமிழர்கள், tamiẓarkaḷ (plural) ? [t̪ɐmɪɻɐɾxɐɭ]), also known as Tamilians, Tamilans
- Tamil Nadu: Tamil Nadu (English pronunciation: /ˈtæmɪl ˈnɑːduː/ TAM-il-NAH-doo; pronunciation (help·info); தமிழ் நாடு;Tamiḻ Nāṭu; IPA: [t̪amiɻ n̪aːᶑu]; literally
- Tamil Muslim: Muslims. Tamil Muslims (Tamil: தமிழ் முஸ்லிம்கள், tamiḻ muslimgal ?) are Tamil-speaking people with Islam as their faith. There are 3 – 4 million Tamil Muslims
- Tamil nationalism: Tamil nationalism asserts that Tamils are a nation and promotes the cultural unity of Tamil people. It expresses itself in the form of linguistic purism
- Tamil numerals: Tamil numerals (Tamil: தமிழ் எண்கள், இலக்கங்கள்), refers to the numeral system of the Tamil language used officially in Tamil Nadu and Singapore, as well