Tamil Meaning and Definition in Dictionary
Definitions from Wordnet 2.0
- the Dravidian language spoken since prehistoric times by the Tamil people in southern India and Sri Lanka
- a member of the mixed Dravidian and Caucasoid people of southern India and Sri Lanka
- of or relating to a speaker of the Tamil language or the language itself; "the Tamil Tigers are fighting the Sinhalese in Sri Lanka"; "Tamil agglutinative phrases"
Definitions from Wiktionary
- a member of the mixed Dravidian and Caucasian people of southern India and Sri Lanka ,
- the Dravidian language spoken since prehistoric times by the Tamil in southern India and Sri Lanka
Would you like to add your own explaination to this word 'Tamil'?
Wikipedia Meaning and Definition on 'Tamil'
- Tamil: to write the Tamil language Tamil (Unicode block), a block of Tamil characters in Unicode Tamil people, an ethnic group native to Tamil Nadu, India and
- Tamil language: Tamil /ˈtæmɪl/ (தமிழ், tamiḻ, [t̪ɐmɨɻ] ?) also spelt Tamizh is a Dravidian language spoken predominantly by Tamil people of Tamil Nadu and Sri Lanka.
- Tamil people: Tamil people (Tamil: தமிழர், thamizhar (singular) ?, or Tamil: தமிழர்கள், tamiḻarkaḷ (plural) ?), also known as Tamilans or simply Tamils, are a Dravidian
- List of Tamil-language films: have grossed more than Rs 100 crore. Tamil film at the Internet Movie Database  at the List of Tamil films of 1992 Tamil film at the HDMovieRulz
- Tamil Braille: Tamil Braille is the smallest of the Bharati braille alphabets. (For the general system and for punctuation, see that article.) Vowel letters are used
- Lists of Tamil-language media: an index of lists of Tamil-language media. Tamil Newspapers Tamil Radio Channels Tamil Television Channels Tamil Magazines Tamil Films Media in Chennai
- List of Tamil films of the 2000s: lists of Tamil films of the 2000s by year. Tamil films of 2000 Tamil films of 2001 Tamil films of 2002 Tamil films of 2003 Tamil films of 2004 Tamil films
- Tamil Virtual Academy: The government of Tamil Nadu established the Tamil Virtual University (TVU) on 17 February 2001 as a Society. The university provides internet-based educational
- List of Tamil-language magazines: The following is a list of Tamil-language magazines published across the world. Lists of Tamil-language media Tamil Language Media அல்ஹஸனாத் மாதாந்த
Tamil Sample Sentences in News
- Tamil Nadu CM seeks PM Modi's intervention to secure release of 38 fishermen
The chief minister thanked the Prime Minister for his timely intervention in securing the release of five fishermen, who were sentenced to death by a Sri Lankan court for smuggling narcotic substances. Read more on this news related to 'Tamil'
- Bird flu outbreak in Kerala: Tamil Nadu poultry farmers take precautionary measures
Though there is no avian flu outbreak in Tamil Nadu, poultry farmers across the state have taken precautionary measures. Read more on this news related to 'Tamil'
- Sri Lanka: SL military raped conscripted Tamil women after Rajapaksa meeting
47 Eezham Tamil women from Mullaiththeevu, recently conscripted to the occupying SL military and put under the Civil Security Department (CSD), were taken to Mihintale on 22 Saturday when SL President Mahinda Rajapaksa was on a trip to the sacred city. After the president of genocidal Sri Lanka requested the Tamil women to engage in campaign supporting him, the SL Read more on this news related to 'Tamil'