Tamil Meaning and Definition in Dictionary
Definitions from Wordnet 2.0
- the Dravidian language spoken since prehistoric times by the Tamil people in southern India and Sri Lanka
- a member of the mixed Dravidian and Caucasoid people of southern India and Sri Lanka
- of or relating to a speaker of the Tamil language or the language itself; "the Tamil Tigers are fighting the Sinhalese in Sri Lanka"; "Tamil agglutinative phrases"
Definitions from Wiktionary
- a member of the mixed Dravidian and Caucasian people of southern India and Sri Lanka ,
- the Dravidian language spoken since prehistoric times by the Tamil in southern India and Sri Lanka
Would you like to add your own explaination to this word 'Tamil'?
Wikipedia Meaning and Definition on 'Tamil'
- Tamil: to write the Tamil language Tamil (Unicode block), a block of Tamil characters in Unicode Tamil people, an ethnic group native to Tamil Nadu, India and
- Tamil language: Tamil /ˈtæmɪl/ (தமிழ், tamiḻ, [t̪ɐmɨɻ] ?) also spelt Thamizh is a Dravidian language spoken predominantly by Tamil people of Tamil Nadu and Sri Lanka.
- List of Tamil-language films: List of Tamil films: 1930s List of Tamil films: 1940s List of Tamil films: 1950s List of Tamil films: 1960s List of Tamil films: 1970s List of Tamil films:
- Tamils: The Tamils (Tamil: தமிழர், thamizhar (singular) ?, or Tamil: தமிழர்கள், tamizharkal (plural) ?), also known as the Tamilans, are a Dravidian ethnic group
- Tamil Braille: Tamil Braille is the smallest of the Bharati braille alphabets. (For the general system and for punctuation, see that article.) Vowel letters are used
- Lists of Tamil-language media: an index of lists of Tamil-language media. Tamil Newspapers Tamil Radio Channels Tamil Television Channels Tamil Magazines Tamil Films Media in Chennai
- Tamil languages: The Tamil languages are the group of Dravidian languages most closely related to Tamil. In addition to Tamil itself, they are: Irula, Kaikadi, Betta Kurumba
- Central Tamil dialect: Central Tamil dialect is a dialect of Tamil spoken in the districts of Thanjavur, Tiruvarur, Nagapattinam and Tiruchirapalli in central Tamil Nadu, India
- Tamil New Zealander: Tamil New Zealanders are New Zealand citizens and residents of Tamil ethnicity or ancestry. An estimated number of 3000 Tamils currently reside in the