Tamil Meaning and Definition in Dictionary
Definitions from Wordnet 2.0
- the Dravidian language spoken since prehistoric times by the Tamil people in southern India and Sri Lanka
- a member of the mixed Dravidian and Caucasoid people of southern India and Sri Lanka
- of or relating to a speaker of the Tamil language or the language itself; "the Tamil Tigers are fighting the Sinhalese in Sri Lanka"; "Tamil agglutinative phrases"
Definitions from Wiktionary
- a member of the mixed Dravidian and Caucasian people of southern India and Sri Lanka ,
- the Dravidian language spoken since prehistoric times by the Tamil in southern India and Sri Lanka
Would you like to add your own explaination to this word 'Tamil'?
Wikipedia Meaning and Definition on 'Tamil'
- Tamil: to write the Tamil language Tamil (Unicode block), a block of Tamil characters in Unicode Tamil people, an ethnic group native to Tamil Nadu, India and
- Tamil language: Tamil /ˈtæmɪl/ (தமிழ், tamiḻ, [t̪ɐmɨɻ] ?) is a Dravidian language predominantly spoken by the Tamil people of India and northern Sri Lanka, and also by
- List of Tamil-language films: List of Tamil films: 1930s List of Tamil films: 1940s List of Tamil films: 1950s List of Tamil films: 1960s List of Tamil films: 1970s List of Tamil films:
- List of Chief Ministers of Tamil Nadu: complete list of Chief Ministers of Tamil Nadu consists of the heads of government in the history of the state of Tamil Nadu in India since 1920. The area
- Tamil Braille: Tamil Braille is the smallest of the Bharati braille alphabets. (For the general system and for punctuation, see that article.) Vowel letters are used
- Lists of Tamil-language media: an index of lists of Tamil-language media. Tamil Newspapers Tamil Radio Channels Tamil Television Channels Tamil Magazines Tamil Films Media in Chennai
- Sri Lankan Tamils: Lankan Tamils (Tamil: இலங்கை தமிழர், ilankai tamiḻar ? also Tamil: ஈழத் தமிழர், īḻat tamiḻar ?) or Ceylon Tamils, also known as Eelam Tamils in Tamil, are
- Tamil languages: The Tamil languages are the group of Dravidian languages most closely related to Tamil. In addition to Tamil itself, they are: Irula, Kaikadi, Betta Kurumba
- Central Tamil dialect: Central Tamil dialect is a dialect of Tamil spoken in the districts of Thanjavur, Tiruvarur, Nagapattinam and Tiruchirapalli in central Tamil Nadu, India