Dictionary Meaning and Definition on 'Tamil'
Tamil Meaning and Definition from WordNet (r) 2.0
adj : of or relating to a speaker of the Tamil language or the
language itself; "the Tamil Tigers are fighting the
Sinhalese in Sri Lanka"; "Tamil agglutinative phrases"
- a member of the mixed Dravidian and Caucasoid people of southern India and Sri Lanka
- the Dravidian language spoken since prehistoric times by the Tamil people in southern India and Sri Lanka
- Tamil \Ta"mil\, a.
Of or pertaining to the Tamils, or to their language.
[Written also Tamul.]
- Tamil \Ta"mil\, n. [Written also Tamul.]
- (Ethnol.) One of a Dravidian race of men native of Northern Ceylon and Southern India.
- The Tamil language, the most important of the Dravidian languages. See Dravidian, a.
Wikipedia Meaning and Definition on 'Tamil'
- Tamil: Tamil may refer to: Tamil language , one of the Dravidian languages primarily spoken in South Asia and South East Asia. Tamil script , ...
- Tamil language: Tamil. (lang ta | indic தமிழ் | trans tamiḻ | indicipa t̪ɐmɨɻ | indicaudio Tamil. ogg | showlang false | showhelp true ...
- Tamil people: Tamil people. (lang ta | indic தமிழர் | trans tamiḻar also called Tamils or Tamilians, are a linguistic and ethnic group native to Tamil ...
- Tamil cinema: Tamil cinema (Tamil : தமிழ் சினிமா, also referred to as the cinema of Tamil Nadu, the Tamil film industry, or Chennai film industry) is the ...
- Sri Lankan Tamil people: Sri Lankan Tamil people. (lang ta | indic ஈழத் தமிழர் | trans īḻat tamiḻar or Ceylon Tamils, or Eelam Tamils, are a section of Tamil people ...
- Tamil Nadu: Tamil Nadu. (தமிழ் நாடு, t̪ɐmɨɻ n̪aːɽɯ | pron | Tamil_Nadu. ogg. is one of the 28 states of India. ...
- Tamil literature: Tamil literature. (தமிழ் இலக்கியம் refers to the literature in the Tamil language . Tamil literature has a rich and long literary tradition ...
- Tamil calendar: ...ar]] largely used for official purposes both within and outside India. The Tamil calendar is based on the classical [[Hindu calendar|Hindu solar calendar]] ...a Mesha Sankranti'' (Sun's transition into ''nirayana'' Aries). Hence, the Tamil calendar begins on the same date in April which is observed by most traditi
- Tamil script: The Tamil script (தமிழ் அரிச்சுவடி ta | ISO | tamiḻ ariccuvaṭi "Tamil alphabet") is a script that is used to write the Tamil language as ...
- Tamil Eelam: Tamil Eelam. (தமிழீழம், tamiḻ īḻam. generally rendered outside Tamil-speaking areas as தமிழ் ஈழம் ...
Words and phrases related to 'Tamil'
Tamil Sample Sentences in News
- Why Tamil Nadu is one of the best states for doing business
Despite small hiccups, Tamil Nadu is a state with an urban outlook on life and where laws still work. Read more on this news related to 'Tamil'
- Social media more effective in promoting Tamil literature
Opinion divided over whether leading journals are giving enough space for serious literature Read more on this news related to 'Tamil'
- For the love of Tamil, one letter at a time
As he lifts his left hand to type in front of his home PC, his fingers don’t keep pace with his mind. “Look at that. The finger is trembling and refusing to listen to me,” Sengai Podhuva... Read more on this news related to 'Tamil'