Tamil Meaning and Definition in Dictionary
Definitions from Wordnet 2.0
- the Dravidian language spoken since prehistoric times by the Tamil people in southern India and Sri Lanka
- a member of the mixed Dravidian and Caucasoid people of southern India and Sri Lanka
- of or relating to a speaker of the Tamil language or the language itself; "the Tamil Tigers are fighting the Sinhalese in Sri Lanka"; "Tamil agglutinative phrases"
Definitions from Wiktionary
- a member of the mixed Dravidian and Caucasian people of southern India and Sri Lanka ,
- the Dravidian language spoken since prehistoric times by the Tamil in southern India and Sri Lanka
Would you like to add your own explaination to this word 'Tamil'?
Wikipedia Meaning and Definition on 'Tamil'
- Tamil: Australia) Tamil script, primarily used to write the Tamil language Tamil (Unicode block), a block of Tamil characters in Unicode Tamils, an ethnic group
- Tamil language: Tamil (English pronunciation: /ˈtæmɪl/; தமிழ்; Tamiḻ; [t̪ɐmɨɻ]; pronunciation (help·info)) is a Dravidian language predominantly spoken by the Tamil
- Tamil Eelam: Tamil Eelam (Tamil: தமிழீழம் tamiḻ īḻam, generally rendered outside Tamil-speaking areas as தமிழ் ஈழம்) is a proposed independent state that Tamils in
- Tamil literature: Tamil literature (Tamil: தமிழ் இலக்கியம்) refers to the literature in the Tamil language. Tamil literature has a rich and long literary tradition spanning
- Tamils: The Tamil people (Tamil: தமிழர், tamiẓar (singular) ? [t̪ɐmɪɻɐɾ], or Tamil: தமிழர்கள், tamiẓarkaḷ (plural) ? [t̪ɐmɪɻɐɾxɐɭ]), also known as Tamilians, Tamilans
- Tamil nationalism: Tamil nationalism asserts that Tamils are a nation and promotes the cultural unity of Tamil people. It expresses itself in the form of linguistic purism
- Tamil Canadians: Tamil Canadians are Canadians of Tamil ethnic origins mostly from India and Sri Lanka. From a population of fewer than 150 Tamils in 1983, it has become
- Tamil Nadu: Tamil Nadu (English pronunciation: IPA: [t̪amiɻ n̪aːᶑu]; pronunciation (help·info); Tamiḻ Nāṭu; literally 'The Land of Tamils' or 'Tamil Country') is
- Tamil script: Tamil script (தமிழ் அரிச்சுவடி; Tamiḻ ariccuvaṭi; [t̪ɐmɨɻ] [aɾiˈ͡tʃːuʋaɖi]; pronunciation (help·info)) is an abugida script that is used by Tamils and
- Tamil numerals: Tamil numerals (Tamil: தமிழ் எண்கள், இலக்கங்கள்), refers to the numeral system of the Tamil language used officially in Tamil Nadu and Singapore, as well