Dictionary Meaning and Definition on 'Tallied'
Tallied Meaning and Definition from WordNet (r) 2.0
- a score in baseball made by a runner touching all four bases safely; "the Yankees scored 3 runs in the bottom of the 9th"; "their first tally came in the 3rd inning" [syn: run]
- a bill for an amount due [syn: reckoning]
- the act of counting; "the counting continued for several hours" [syn: count, counting, numeration, enumeration, reckoning] v
- be compatible, similar or consistent; coincide in their characteristics; "The two stories don't agree in many details"; "The handwriting checks with the signature on the check"; "The suspect's fingerprints don't match those on the gun" [syn: match, fit, correspond, check, jibe, gibe, agree] [ant: disagree]
- gain points in a game; "The home team scored many times"; "He hit a home run"; "He hit .300 in the past season" [syn: score, hit, rack up]
- keep score, as in games [syn: chalk up]
- determine the sum of; "Add all the people in this town to those of the neighboring town" [syn: total, tot, tot up, sum, sum up, summate, tote up, add, add together, add up] [also: tallied]
- Tally \Tal"ly\, v. t. [imp. & p. p. Tallied; p. pr. & vb. n.