Dictionary Meaning and Definition on 'Tallied'
Tallied Meaning and Definition from WordNet (r) 2.0
- a score in baseball made by a runner touching all four bases safely; "the Yankees scored 3 runs in the bottom of the 9th"; "their first tally came in the 3rd inning" [syn: run]
- a bill for an amount due [syn: reckoning]
- the act of counting; "the counting continued for several hours" [syn: count, counting, numeration, enumeration, reckoning] v
- be compatible, similar or consistent; coincide in their characteristics; "The two stories don't agree in many details"; "The handwriting checks with the signature on the check"; "The suspect's fingerprints don't match those on the gun" [syn: match, fit, correspond, check, jibe, gibe, agree] [ant: disagree]
- gain points in a game; "The home team scored many times"; "He hit a home run"; "He hit .300 in the past season" [syn: score, hit, rack up]
- keep score, as in games [syn: chalk up]
- determine the sum of; "Add all the people in this town to those of the neighboring town" [syn: total, tot, tot up, sum, sum up, summate, tote up, add, add together, add up] [also: tallied]
- Tally \Tal"ly\, v. t. [imp. & p. p. Tallied; p. pr. & vb. n.
Wikipedia Meaning and Definition on 'Tallied'
Words and phrases related to 'Tallied'
Tallied Sample Sentences in News
- Chinese Art Sales Tallied $8.5 Billion in 2013 on Rebound
A pair of Chinese porcelain vases, which were estimated at $10,000 to $15,000, fetched $1.2 million at Doyle New York. Close A pair of Chinese porcelain vases, which were estimated at $10,000 to $15,000, fetched... Read more on this news related to 'Tallied'
- Scotland independence referendum votes being tallied
Polls have closed in Scotland, where millions of voters cast ballots today in an independence referendum that most experts say is too close to call. Read more on this news related to 'Tallied'
- Report: Howard tallied 27 traffic infractions
Dwight Howard's Florida driver's license has been suspended after he failed to pay a ticket for running a red light, Reuters reported, citing court records. Read more on this news related to 'Tallied'