Tagalog Meaning and Definition in Dictionary
Definitions from Wordnet 2.0
- language of the Tagalog people on which Filipino is based
- a member of a people native to the Philippines chiefly inhabiting central Luzon around and including Manila
Definitions from Wiktionary
- a member of a people native to the Philippines chiefly inhabiting central Luzon around and including Manila ,
- the language of the Tagalog on which Filipino is based
Would you like to add your own explaination to this word 'Tagalog'?
Tagalog Meaning and Definition in Wikipedia
Tagalog is one of the main languages spoken in the Philippines. More than twenty-two million people speak it as their first language. It originally was spoken by the Tagalog people of the Philippines, who were mainly in Bulacan, Cavite, and some other parts of the Luzon Island. Now it is spoken nationwide, like English. It is a mix of Spanish, Malay, and English. It originally was used with an abugida, the Baybayin script, but now the Latin alphabet is used to write the words.
Tagalog Sample Sentences in News
- Ria Bautista says Tagalog is what makes OPM unique
LAS PIÑAS CITY, METRO MANILA—Some would say that Pinoy music is already distinct on its own. Others would say that it is because of the Filipino artists’ different influences that are infused into their compositions that make it unique. Read more on this news related to 'Tagalog'
- Meet Frenchman who speaks fluent Tagalog
I was taking my seat inside a room where President Benigno Aquino III was set to deliver a speech before the French Institute for Foreign Relations when I heard familiar tune. Read more on this news related to 'Tagalog'
- WATCH: Foreigners sing Tagalog version of 'Happy'
Two YouTube artists teamed up to make a Tagalog version of American singer Pharrell Williams' hit song "Happy." Read more on this news related to 'Tagalog'