Tagalog Meaning and Definition in Dictionary
Definitions from Wordnet 2.0
- language of the Tagalog people on which Filipino is based
- a member of a people native to the Philippines chiefly inhabiting central Luzon around and including Manila
Definitions from Wiktionary
- a member of a people native to the Philippines chiefly inhabiting central Luzon around and including Manila ,
- the language of the Tagalog on which Filipino is based
Would you like to add your own explaination to this word 'Tagalog'?
Tagalog Meaning and Definition in Wikipedia
Tagalog is one of the main languages spoken in the Philippines. More than twenty-two million people speak it as their first language. It originally was spoken by the Tagalog people of the Philippines, who were mainly in Bulacan, Cavite, and some other parts of the Luzon Island. Now it is spoken nationwide, like English. It is a mix of Spanish, Malay, and English. It originally was used with an abugida, the Baybayin script, but now the Latin alphabet is used to write the words.
Tagalog Sample Sentences in News
- Koreans flee region, data shows
Tagalog is the fastest-growing language in Canterbury once again but the mass exodus of another language group reveals the devastating effect the earthquakes had on new immigrants. Read more on this news related to 'Tagalog'
- Tagalog 3rd most widely spoken foreign language in US homes—study
MANILA, Philippines - A study in the US has found that Tagalog is the third most widely spoken foreign language in households, following Spanish and Chinese. The 2013 American Community Survey (ACS) conducted by the US Census Bureau found that there were approximately 1.6 million speakers of Filipino, putting it third behind Spanish (38.4 million) and Chines Read more on this news related to 'Tagalog'
- 2 dead, 47 hurt in STAR Tollway bus mishap
MANILA - Two people were killed while 47 others were injured in a bus accident along the Southern Tagalog Arterial Road (STAR) Tollway in Batangas late Thursday evening. Read more on this news related to 'Tagalog'