Tagalog Meaning and Definition in Dictionary
Definitions from Wordnet 2.0
- language of the Tagalog people on which Filipino is based
- a member of a people native to the Philippines chiefly inhabiting central Luzon around and including Manila
Definitions from Wiktionary
- a member of a people native to the Philippines chiefly inhabiting central Luzon around and including Manila ,
- the language of the Tagalog on which Filipino is based
Would you like to add your own explaination to this word 'Tagalog'?
Tagalog Meaning and Definition in Wikipedia
Tagalog is one of the main languages spoken in the Philippines. More than twenty-two million people speak it as their first language. It originally was spoken by the Tagalog people of the Philippines, who were mainly in Bulacan, Cavite, and some other parts of the Luzon Island. Now it is spoken nationwide, like English. It is a mix of Spanish, Malay, and English. It originally was used with an abugida, the Baybayin script, but now the Latin alphabet is used to write the words.
Tagalog at Wikibooks Filipino phrasebook travel guide from Wikivoyage Media related to Tagalog language at Wikimedia Commons
Tagalog Sample Sentences in News
- The great imitator
She answers in English mixed with Tagalog but because she is always with her yaya, she has started to develop her yaya’s provincial accent. I have nothing against people with accents but, of course, I wish she would be able to properly pronounce the English words. Read more on this news related to 'Tagalog'
- Is the national language now reduced to the F word?
MANILA, Philippines—The National language is once again in the news, but this time the controversy is over a single letter: whether we should use Filipinas or Pilipinas as the country’s official name. There was no letter F in the Tagalog alphabet when President Manuel L. Quezon proclaimed it as the basis for the national […] Read more on this news related to 'Tagalog'
- 8 of the Worst Excerpts from the Tagalog Translation of Fifty Shades of Grey
ANSABE?! Read more on this news related to 'Tagalog'