Tagalog Meaning and Definition in Dictionary
Definitions from Wordnet 2.0
- language of the Tagalog people on which Filipino is based
- a member of a people native to the Philippines chiefly inhabiting central Luzon around and including Manila
Definitions from Wiktionary
- a member of a people native to the Philippines chiefly inhabiting central Luzon around and including Manila ,
- the language of the Tagalog on which Filipino is based
Would you like to add your own explaination to this word 'Tagalog'?
Tagalog Meaning and Definition in Wikipedia
Tagalog is one of the main languages spoken in the Philippines. More than twenty-two million people speak it as their first language. It originally was spoken by the Tagalog people of the Philippines, who were mainly in Bulacan, Cavite, and some other parts of the Luzon Island. Now it is spoken nationwide, like English. It is a mix of Spanish, Malay, and English. It originally was used with an abugida, the Baybayin script, but now the Latin alphabet is used to write the words.
Tagalog Sample Sentences in News
- 'Purisima's accuser is a political operator'
MANILA - A ''friend'' of Perfecto Jaime Tagalog, the principal accuser of Philippine National Police (PNP) chief Director General Alan Purisima, disclosed yesterday that he is a political operator in the employ of a politician in Central Luzon. Read more on this news related to 'Tagalog'
- Ria Bautista says Tagalog is what makes OPM unique
LAS PIÑAS CITY, METRO MANILA—Some would say that Pinoy music is already distinct on its own. Others would say that it is because of the Filipino artists’ different influences that are infused into their compositions that make it unique. Read more on this news related to 'Tagalog'
- Politicians behind anti-Purisima campaign, witnesses say
MANILA, Philippines -- Some politicians are allegedly responsible for the accusations against Philippine National Police (PNP) Chief Director General Alan Purisima, former allies of the whistleblower against the PNP chief disclosed Friday. Speaking to reporters, the two witnesses, identified only as "Joel" and "Henry Reyes", said Perfecto Tagal Read more on this news related to 'Tagalog'