Dictionary Meaning and Definition on 'Synoptic'
Synoptic Meaning and Definition from WordNet (r) 2.0
- presenting a summary or general view of a whole; "a synoptic presentation of a physical theory"
- presenting or taking the same point of view; used especially of the first three gospels of the New Testament; "the synoptic Gospels" [syn: synoptical]
- Synoptic \Syn*op"tic\, n.
One of the first three Gospels of the New Testament. See
- Synoptic \Syn*op"tic\, Synoptical \Syn*op"tic*al\, a. [Gr. ?:
cf. F. synoptique. See Synopsis.]
Affording a general view of the whole, or of the principal
parts of a thing; as, a synoptic table; a synoptical
statement of an argument. ``The synoptic Gospels.'' --Alford.
-- Syn*op"tic*al*ly, adv.
Wikipedia Meaning and Definition on 'Synoptic'
- Synoptic: Synoptic is derived from the Greek words σύν (syn "together") and ὄψις (opsis "view"), and describes observations that give a broad view of ...
- Synoptic Gospels: The gospels of Matthew , Mark , and Luke are known as the Synoptic Gospels because they include many of the same stories, often in the ...
- Synoptic scale meteorology: The synoptic scale in meteorology (also known as large scale or cyclonic scale) is a horizontal length scale of the order of 1000 ...
- Synoptics: Synoptics may refer to: Synoptic Gospels , accounts of the life or teachings of Jesus. SynOptics , an ethernet vendor company. Synoptic chart ...
- SynOptics: SynOptics Communications was a Santa Clara, California -based early Ethernet vendor founded in 1985 by Andrew K. Ludwick and Ronald V. ...
- Synoptic philosophy: Synoptic philosophy comes from the Greek word συνοπτικός sunoptikos (“seeing everything together”) and together with the word philosophy , ...
- Large Synoptic Survey Telescope: The Large Synoptic Survey Telescope (LSST) is a planned wide-field "survey" reflecting telescope that will photograph the available sky ...
- Norwegian synoptics: The Norwegian synoptics are three of the earliest kings' sagas . They give brief overviews of the history of Norway from legendary times ...
- Jerusalem School of Synoptic Research: The Jerusalem School of Synoptic Research is a consortium of Jewish and Christian scholars that study the Synoptic Gospels in light of the ...
Words and phrases related to 'Synoptic'
Synoptic Sample Sentences in News
- Lucas or Allen? Who Should Replace Henderson for Liverpool's Run In?
Synoptic of the turnaround of Liverpool ’s form as a club over the past 18 months, Jordan Henderson has gone from being a bit-part player in danger of being farmed out to another club, to an ever-present for the Premier League title favourites. The England man has missed just 22 minutes of Liverpool’s season so far, but the Anfield side will have to do without Read more on this news related to 'Synoptic'
- Signs that reveal
A comparison of the synoptic Gospels with the Gospel of John reveals obvious differences, one of which concerns the miracles or wonders worked by Jesus. Read more on this news related to 'Synoptic'
- 'The Most Fascinating Experiment In The History Of Astronomy' Is Happening Soon
The Large Synoptic Survey Telescope (LSST) in Chile will "transform our view of the universe," according to astronomer Andrew Connolly, who spoke at a TED conference in Vancouver on Thursday. He called it the "most fascinating experiment in the history of astronomy." What makes this telescope revolutionary is that it can capture more data than Read more on this news related to 'Synoptic'