Dictionary Meaning and Definition on 'Synergistic'
- used especially of drugs or muscles that work together so the total effect is greater than the sum of the two (or more) [syn: interactive] [ant: antagonistic]
- of or relating to the theological doctrine of synergism
- working together; used especially of groups, as subsidiaries of a corporation, cooperating for an enhanced effect; "a synergistic effect" [syn: synergetic]
- Synergistic \Syn`er*gis"tic\, a.
- Of or pertaining to synergism. ``A synergistic view of regeneration.'' --Shedd.
- Co["o]perating; synergetic.
Wikipedia Meaning and Definition on 'Synergistic'
Synergy, in general, may be defined as two or more agents working together to produce a result not obtainable by any of the agents independently.
The term synergy comes from Greek word syn-ergos, συνεργός, meaning 'working together'. .
In the context of organizational behavior, following the view that a cohesive group is more than the sum of its parts, synergy is the ability of a group to outperform even its best individual member. These conclusions are derived from the studies conducted by Jay Hall on a number of laboratory-based group ranking and prediction tasks. He found that effective groups actively looked for the points in which they disagreed and in consequence encouraged conflicts amongst the participants in the early stages of the discussion. In contrast, the ineffective groups felt a need to establish a common view quickly, used simple decision making methods such as averaging, and focused on completing the task rather than on finding solutions they could agree on..[See more about Synergistic at Dictionary 3.0 Encyclopedia]
Words and phrases related to 'Synergistic'
Synergistic Sample Sentences in News
- Dongpeng Acquisition of 62% Equity Interests of Guangzhou Yinai; Further Expand in Mid to High-end Sanitary Ware Market
Achieve Resource Configuration Optimization and Synergistic Effects Mr. Jen, Bai Chen (Rick Jen), the founder of Guangzhou Yinai and Mr. He Xinming (Right), the Chairman of Dongpeng at the agreement signing ... Read more on this news related to 'Synergistic'
- Inphi Announces Definitive Agreement to Acquire Cortina Systems, Inc., a Leader in Network Infrastructure
Expands Inphi's Networking and Optical Interconnect Product Portfolio and Addressable Markets; Highly Synergistic at Tier One Service Provider, Data Center and Enterprise OEMs; Valuable Expertise and Resources in Wireline Network Infrastructure With a Portfolio of Patents and IP; Anticipate Additional $20M in Revenue per Quarter at Higher Gross Margins Than In Read more on this news related to 'Synergistic'
- Obesity Action Coalition (OAC) Joins Forces with the YMCA of Central Florida to Tackle the Obesity Epidemic
TAMPA, Fla., July 31, 2014 /PRNewswire-USNewswire/ -- Today, the Obesity Action Coalition (OAC) and the YMCA of Central Florida are proud to announce an exciting new partnership aimed at educating the public about obesity, health and wellness and much more. With synergistic missions focused on overall health, the partnership is a proactive step forward to help th Read more on this news related to 'Synergistic'