Symmetric Meaning and Definition in Dictionary
Definitions from Wordnet 2.0
- having similarity in size, shape, and relative position of corresponding parts
Would you like to add your own explaination to this word 'Symmetric'?
Wikipedia Meaning and Definition on 'Symmetric'
- Symmetric space: other uses, see Symmetric space (disambiguation). In differential geometry, representation theory and harmonic analysis, a symmetric space is a pseudo-Riemannian
- Symmetric-key algorithm: main drawbacks of symmetric key encryption, in comparison to public-key encryption (also known as asymmetric key encryption). Symmetric-key encryption
- Symmetric matrix: In linear algebra, a symmetric matrix is a square matrix that is equal to its transpose. Formally, matrix A is symmetric if A
- Symmetric polynomial: about individual symmetric polynomials. For the ring of symmetric polynomials, see ring of symmetric functions. In mathematics, a symmetric polynomial is
- Symmetric tensor: characteristic zero, the graded vector space of all symmetric tensors can be naturally identified with the symmetric algebra on V. A related concept is that of
- Symmetric difference: Boolean ring with symmetric difference as the addition of the ring and intersection as the multiplication of the ring. The symmetric difference is
- Symmetric function: of symmetric functions. For the ring of symmetric functions in algebraic combinatorics, see ring of symmetric functions. In mathematics, a symmetric function
- Symmetric algebra: Not to be confused with symmetric tensors. In mathematics, the symmetric algebra S(V) (also denoted Sym(V)) on a vector space V over a field K is the free
- Symmetric derivative: sometimes called the symmetric difference quotient. A function is said symmetrically differentiable at a point x if its symmetric derivative exists at