Symmetric Meaning and Definition in Dictionary
Definitions from Wordnet 2.0
- having similarity in size, shape, and relative position of corresponding parts
Would you like to add your own explaination to this word 'Symmetric'?
Wikipedia Meaning and Definition on 'Symmetric'
- Symmetric-key algorithm: key is one of the main drawbacks of symmetric key encryption, in comparison to public-key encryption. Symmetric-key encryption can use either stream
- Symmetric multiprocessor system: the system bus traffic. Sometimes the term "symmetric multiprocessor" is confused with the term symmetric multiprocessing. While multiprocessing is a
- Symmetric game: strategies, then a game is symmetric. Symmetry can come in different varieties. Ordinally symmetric games are games that are symmetric with respect to the ordinal
- Symmetric matrix: In linear algebra, a symmetric matrix is a square matrix that is equal to its transpose. Formally, matrix A is symmetric if Because equal matrices have
- Symmetric difference: mathematics, the symmetric difference of two sets is the set of elements which are in either of the sets and not in their intersection. The symmetric difference
- Symmetric monoidal category: theory, a branch of mathematics, a symmetric monoidal category is a braided monoidal category that is maximally symmetric. That is, the braiding operator
- Symmetric tensor: Alternatively, a symmetric tensor of order r represented in coordinates as a quantity with r indices satisfies The space of symmetric tensors of order
- Symmetric algebra: should not be confused with symmetric tensors in V. A Frobenius algebra whose bilinear form is symmetric is also called a symmetric algebra, but is not discussed
- Symmetric function: of symmetric functions. For the ring of symmetric functions in algebraic combinatorics, see ring of symmetric functions. In mathematics, a symmetric function