Symmetric Meaning and Definition in Dictionary
Definitions from Wordnet 2.0
- having similarity in size, shape, and relative position of corresponding parts
Would you like to add your own explaination to this word 'Symmetric'?
Wikipedia Meaning and Definition on 'Symmetric'
- Symmetric-key algorithm: main drawbacks of symmetric key encryption, in comparison to public-key encryption (also known as asymmetric key encryption). Symmetric-key encryption
- Symmetric game: strategies, then a game is symmetric. Symmetry can come in different varieties. Ordinally symmetric games are games that are symmetric with respect to the ordinal
- Symmetric matrix: In linear algebra, a symmetric matrix is a square matrix that is equal to its transpose. Formally, matrix A is symmetric if Because equal matrices have
- Symmetric monoidal category: theory, a branch of mathematics, a symmetric monoidal category is a braided monoidal category that is maximally symmetric. That is, the braiding operator
- Symmetric tensor: Alternatively, a symmetric tensor of order r represented in coordinates as a quantity with r indices satisfies The space of symmetric tensors of order
- Symmetric function: of symmetric functions. For the ring of symmetric functions in algebraic combinatorics, see ring of symmetric functions. In mathematics, a symmetric function
- Symmetric algebra: Not to be confused with symmetric tensors. In mathematics, the symmetric algebra S(V) (also denoted Sym(V)) on a vector space V over a field K is the free
- Symmetric set: said to be symmetric if where . In other words, S is symmetric if whenever . If S is a subset of a vector space, then S is said to be symmetric if it is
- Symmetric difference: mathematics, the symmetric difference of two sets is the set of elements which are in either of the sets and not in their intersection. The symmetric difference