Dictionary Meaning and Definition on 'Swapped'
Swapped Meaning and Definition from WordNet (r) 2.0
n : an equal exchange; "we had no money so we had to live by
barter" [syn: barter, swop, trade]
- exchange or give (something) in exchange for [syn: trade, swop, switch]
- move (a piece of a program) into memory, in computer science [also: swops, swopping, swopped, swapping, swapped]
- Swap \Swap\, v. t. [imp. & p. p. Swapped; p. pr. & vb. n.
Swapping.] [OE. swappen to strike; cf. E. to strike a
bargain; perh. akin to E. sweep. Cf. Swap a blow, Swap,
v. i.] [Written also swop.]
- To strike; -- with off. [Obs. or Prov. Eng.] ``Swap off his head!'' --Chaucer.
- To exchange (usually two things of the same kind); to swop. [Colloq.] --Miss Edgeworth.
Wikipedia Meaning and Definition on 'Swapped'
Words and phrases related to 'Swapped'
Swapped Sample Sentences in News
- Airport commission nominates new chairman
Nanaimo Airport's Board of Directors Commission swapped a new man into the chairman's seat at its annual general meeting April 8. John Craig swapped seats with Russ Burke, who has chaired the commission since 2012. Read more on this news related to 'Swapped'
- Charge: Kirkland nurse swapped morphine with water
A Kirkland nurse accused of filling morphine syringes with water to hide drug thefts now faces federal charges. Read more on this news related to 'Swapped'
- Scalable SAN System delivers data rates for formats up to 8K.
Targeting post production and TV production applications, SpycerBox Cell provides 30 SSD, SAS, or SATA drives – mounted on tray-based carrier system and housed in 1U high chassis – that can be maintained and hot-swapped during live operation. Redundant architecture ensures data rates for all uncompressed and compressed formats from SD to 8K and bey Read more on this news related to 'Swapped'