Dictionary Meaning and Definition on 'Swapped'
Swapped Meaning and Definition from WordNet (r) 2.0
n : an equal exchange; "we had no money so we had to live by
barter" [syn: barter, swop, trade]
- exchange or give (something) in exchange for [syn: trade, swop, switch]
- move (a piece of a program) into memory, in computer science [also: swops, swopping, swopped, swapping, swapped]
- Swap \Swap\, v. t. [imp. & p. p. Swapped; p. pr. & vb. n.
Swapping.] [OE. swappen to strike; cf. E. to strike a
bargain; perh. akin to E. sweep. Cf. Swap a blow, Swap,
v. i.] [Written also swop.]
- To strike; -- with off. [Obs. or Prov. Eng.] ``Swap off his head!'' --Chaucer.
- To exchange (usually two things of the same kind); to swop. [Colloq.] --Miss Edgeworth.