Dictionary Meaning and Definition on 'Swapped'
Swapped Meaning and Definition from WordNet (r) 2.0
n : an equal exchange; "we had no money so we had to live by
barter" [syn: barter, swop, trade]
- exchange or give (something) in exchange for [syn: trade, swop, switch]
- move (a piece of a program) into memory, in computer science [also: swops, swopping, swopped, swapping, swapped]
- Swap \Swap\, v. t. [imp. & p. p. Swapped; p. pr. & vb. n.
Swapping.] [OE. swappen to strike; cf. E. to strike a
bargain; perh. akin to E. sweep. Cf. Swap a blow, Swap,
v. i.] [Written also swop.]
- To strike; -- with off. [Obs. or Prov. Eng.] ``Swap off his head!'' --Chaucer.
- To exchange (usually two things of the same kind); to swop. [Colloq.] --Miss Edgeworth.
Wikipedia Meaning and Definition on 'Swapped'
Words and phrases related to 'Swapped'
Swapped Sample Sentences in News
- Marcus Burley swapped from Indianapolis to Seattle
The Seahawks have acquired cornerback Marcus Burley from the Colts in exchange for a sixth-round pick in the 2015 draft. Read more on this news related to 'Swapped'
- Athletics swap Jeff Samardzija and Scott Kazmir
The Athletics have swapped Jeff Samardzija and Scott Kazmir for the upcoming series with the Angels, according to the Bay Area News Group. Read more on this news related to 'Swapped'
- Official: Simpson makes Leicester switch
The right-back has swapped Loftus Road for the King Power Stadium and could make his debut for the Foxes against Arsenal on Sunday afternoon following the completion of his move Read more on this news related to 'Swapped'