Dictionary Meaning and Definition on 'Swapped'
Swapped Meaning and Definition from WordNet (r) 2.0
n : an equal exchange; "we had no money so we had to live by
barter" [syn: barter, swop, trade]
- exchange or give (something) in exchange for [syn: trade, swop, switch]
- move (a piece of a program) into memory, in computer science [also: swops, swopping, swopped, swapping, swapped]
- Swap \Swap\, v. t. [imp. & p. p. Swapped; p. pr. & vb. n.
Swapping.] [OE. swappen to strike; cf. E. to strike a
bargain; perh. akin to E. sweep. Cf. Swap a blow, Swap,
v. i.] [Written also swop.]
- To strike; -- with off. [Obs. or Prov. Eng.] ``Swap off his head!'' --Chaucer.
- To exchange (usually two things of the same kind); to swop. [Colloq.] --Miss Edgeworth.
Wikipedia Meaning and Definition on 'Swapped'
Words and phrases related to 'Swapped'
Swapped Sample Sentences in News
- Woman rolls out of Centennial Olympic Park with new Kia Soul
Tanya Stanley, the mother of a Georgia Lottery-funded Zell Miller scholar, has swapped an instant ticket for a new 2014 Kia Soul. Stanley, a resident of Buchanan, was selected as a winner of her new vehicle from the 21 Black Series Second Chance Promotion. “We’re excited,” exclaimed Stanley, 44. “We were in the market for a new car because we currently Read more on this news related to 'Swapped'
- Congressional report: Pentagon violated law with Bergdahl swap
The Pentagon broke the law when it swapped Army Sgt. Bowe Bergdahl, a prisoner in Afghanistan for five years, for five Taliban leaders, congressional investigators said Thursday. Read more on this news related to 'Swapped'
- Bergdahl prisoner swap: Was it legal?
A nonpartisan watchdog said Thursday that the Pentagon broke the law when it swapped Army Sgt. Bowe Bergdahl, a prisoner in Afghanistan for five years, for five Taliban leaders. Read more on this news related to 'Swapped'