Subterranean Meaning and Definition in Dictionary
Definitions from Wordnet 2.0
- lying beyond what is openly revealed or avowed (especially being kept in the background or deliberately concealed); "subterranean motives for murder"; "looked too closely for an ulterior purpose in all knowledge"- Bertrand Russell
- being or operating under the surface of the earth; "subterranean passages"; "a subsurface flow of water"
Would you like to add your own explaination to this word 'Subterranean'?
Wikipedia Meaning and Definition on 'Subterranean'
- Subterranean: Subterranean(s) or The Subterranean(s) may refer to: Subterranea (geography), underground structures, both natural and man-made In literature: The Subterraneans
- Subterranean Press: Subterranean Press is a small press publisher in Burton, Michigan. Subterranean is best known for publishing genre fiction, primarily horror, suspense
- Subterranean river: A subterranean river is a river that runs wholly or partly beneath the ground surface – one where the riverbed does not represent the surface of the Earth
- Subterranean rivers of London: The subterranean or underground rivers of London are the tributaries of the River Thames and River Lea that were built over during the growth of the metropolis
- Kočevje subterranean spider: At least three species share the name Kočevje subterranean spider: Troglohyphantes gracilis Troglohyphantes similis Troglohyphantes spinipes
- Subterranean (EP): Subterranean is an MCD released by the Swedish melodic death metal band In Flames on 15 June 1995. It was remastered and re-released in 2003 by Regain
- Subterranean (TV series): Subterranean was a weekly music show on MTV2 dedicated to alternative, indie, and underground music and artists. The show was made as the modern-day continuation
- Subterranean Records: Subterranean Records is an independent record label based in San Francisco, California. Founded by Steve Tupper and a then partner, Michael Fox in 1979
- Subterranean fauna: Subterranean fauna are animals that have adapted to live underground. Troglofauna and stygofauna are the two types or groups of subterranean fauna (based
- Subterranean rivers in Hong Kong: Sai Wan Ho Tai Hang Tsak Yue Chung (lower course) Tsui Ping Nullah (middle course) Wong Nai Chung Subterranean river Subterranean rivers of London
Subterranean Sample Sentences in News
- Destructive 'super termites' are breeding in Florida
Asian and Formosan subterranean termites, two of the most destructive termite species on the planet, are could be mating in Fort Lauderdale in the South Florida. Read more on this news related to 'Subterranean'
- 2 exotic termites find ‘love,’ worry researchers
MIAMI — Two particularly hungry, exotic termite species apparently have found love halfway around the world and, as with so many other Florida hook-ups, the results are disturbing. Asian and Formosan subterranean termites are two of the most destructive termite species in the world, responsible for much of the estimated $40 billion in economic losses […] Read more on this news related to 'Subterranean'
- Aurorae indicate subterranean ocean on Ganymede
An ultraviolet light show has provided space scientists with the best evidence yet that the Jovian moon Ganymede has a gigantic ocean beneath its icy surface. Images captured by the Hubble Space Telescope of the aurorae in the moon's tenuous atmosphere provide what NASA calls the best evidence yet for a wet Ganymede where life could exist... Continue Reading A Read more on this news related to 'Subterranean'