Sublingual Meaning and Definition in Dictionary
Definitions from Wordnet 2.0
- beneath the tongue
Would you like to add your own explaination to this word 'Sublingual'?
Wikipedia Meaning and Definition on 'Sublingual'
- Sublingual administration: Sublingual (abbreviated SL), from the Latin for "under the tongue", refers to the pharmacological route of administration by which drugs diffuse into the
- Sublingual fovea: The sublingual fovea (or sublingual fossa) is a fovea in the mandible for the sublingual gland. Sublingual fossa sublingual+fossa at eMedicine
- Sublingual vein: The sublingual vein is a vein which drains the tongue.
- Sublingual caruncle: The sublingual caruncle is a site on either side of the frenulum linguae on the sublingual surface of the tongue. There it denotes the site at which the
- Sublingual gland: The paired sublingual glands are major salivary glands in the mouth. It is the smallest, most diffuse, and the only unencapsulated major salivary gland
- Major sublingual duct: The excretory ducts of the sublingual gland are from eight to twenty in number. Of the smaller sublingual ducts (ducts of Rivinus), some join the submandibular
- Sublingual artery: The Sublingual Artery arises at the anterior margin of the Hyoglossus, and runs forward between the Genioglossus and Mylohyoideus to the sublingual gland
- Sublingual papilla: The sublingual papilla or sublingual fold is a small fold of soft tissue located on each side of the frenulum linguae binding the lips to the gums within
Sublingual Sample Sentences in News
- AllergyEasy Announces Sublingual Drops During Q4 In Time To Help With Thanksgiving Food Allergies
Food allergies can drain the thrill out of Thanksgiving eating, but AllergyEasy sublingual drops can help. Their announcement of sublingual immunotherapy offers a no-hassle treatment that can allow people to eat more of the foods they love without fear of reactions. (PRWeb November 26, 2014) Read the full story at http://www.prweb.com/releases/sublingual-immunothe Read more on this news related to 'Sublingual'
- Cynapsus Therapeutics Reports Third Quarter 2014 Financial Results and Recent Developments
Cynapsus Therapeutics Inc. , a specialty pharmaceutical company developing a convenient and easy to use sublingual thin film strip for the on-demand rescue of OFF motor symptoms of Parkinson's disease, ... Read more on this news related to 'Sublingual'
- Preventing postpartum hemorrhage
Sublingual misoprostol is inferior to intramuscular oxytocin for the prevention of postpartum hemorrhage (PPH) in women undergoing uncomplicated birth at a regional hospital in Uganda, according to trial results published in PLOS Medicine. The randomized non-inferiority trial, conducted by Esther Cathyln Atukunda at the Mbarara University of Science and Technology Read more on this news related to 'Sublingual'