Sublingual Meaning and Definition in Dictionary
Definitions from Wordnet 2.0
- beneath the tongue
Would you like to add your own explaination to this word 'Sublingual'?
Wikipedia Meaning and Definition on 'Sublingual'
- Sublingual administration: Sublingual (abbreviated SL), from the Latin for "under the tongue", refers to the pharmacological route of administration by which drugs diffuse into the
- Sublingual fovea: The sublingual fovea (or sublingual fossa) is a fovea in the mandible for the sublingual gland. Sublingual fossa sublingual+fossa at eMedicine
- Sublingual gland: The paired sublingual glands are major salivary glands in the mouth. It is the smallest, most diffuse, and the only unencapsulated major salivary gland
- Major sublingual duct: The excretory ducts of the sublingual gland are from eight to twenty in number. Of the smaller sublingual ducts (ducts of Rivinus), some join the submandibular
- Sublingual vein: The sublingual vein is a vein which drains the tongue.
- Sublingual caruncle: The sublingual caruncle is a site on either side of the frenulum linguae on the sublingual surface of the tongue. There it denotes the site at which the
- Sublingual papilla: The sublingual papilla or sublingual fold is a small fold of soft tissue located on each side of the frenulum linguae binding the lips to the gums within
- Sublingual nucleus: olivary nucleus is called the Sublingual nucleus (inferior central nucleus, nucleus of Roller.) NIF Search - Sublingual Nucleus via the Neuroscience Information