Dictionary Meaning and Definition on 'Straying'
Straying Meaning and Definition from WordNet (r) 2.0
adj : unable to find your way; "found the straying sheep"
- Stray \Stray\, v. i. [imp. & p. p. Strayed; p. pr. & vb. n.
Straying.] [OF. estraier, estraer, to stray, or as adj.,
stray, fr. (assumed) L. stratarius roving the streets, fr. L.
strata (sc. via) a paved road. See Street, and Stray, a.]
- To wander, as from a direct course; to deviate, or go out of the way. Thames among the wanton valleys strays. --Denham.
- To wander from company, or from the proper limits; to rove at large; to roam; to go astray. Now, until the break of day, Through this house each fairy stray. --Shak. A sheep doth very often stray. --Shak.
- Figuratively, to wander from the path of duty or rectitude; to err. We have erred and strayed from thy ways. --??? of Com. Prayer. While meaner things, whom instinct leads, Are rarely known to stray. --Cowper. Syn: To deviate; err; swerve; rove; roam; wander.
Wikipedia Meaning and Definition on 'Straying'
Words and phrases related to 'Straying'
Straying Sample Sentences in News
- Kim Kardashian Shows Off Big Baby Bump in Clingy Olive Green Dress: Picture
Kim Kardashian is straying from her usual black-and-white color palette in favor of a pop of green. [...] Read more on this news related to 'Straying'
- A.M. Kitco Metals Roundup: Gold Prices Trade Near Steady Amid Calmer Market Place
(Kitco News) - Comex gold futures prices are not straying too far from the unchanged mark in quieter dealings Wednesday. The gold market bears remain in near-term technical control. Comex August gold last traded up $0.50 at $1,377.50 an ounce. Spot gold was last quoted down $0.50 at $1,378.25. July Comex silver last traded up $0.089 at $21.735 an ounce. Read more on this news related to 'Straying'
- A.M. Kitco Metals Roundup: Gold Trades Near Steady; Firmer U.S. Dollar Limits Upside
(Kitco News) - Comex gold futures prices are not straying far from unchanged in early U.S. trading Monday. Prices did poke to a two-week low in overnight trading. Some follow-through selling pressure from Friday’s solid losses is being offset by some short covering and bargain hunting. Comex August gold last traded down $0.10 at $1,382.90 an ounce. Spot gold wa Read more on this news related to 'Straying'