Stranding Meaning and Definition in Dictionary
Would you like to add your own explaination to this word 'Stranding'?
Wikipedia Meaning and Definition on 'Stranding'
- Preposition stranding: Preposition stranding, sometimes called P-stranding, is the syntactic construction in which a preposition with an object occurs somewhere other than immediately
- Cetacean stranding: The cetacean stranding is a phenomenon when Cetacea (whales and some other members of that order) strand themselves on land, usually on a beach. Beached
- Marine Mammal Stranding Center: Marine Mammal Stranding Center (established in 1978) is a private non-profit organization located in Brigantine, New Jersey. The Stranding Center’s main
Stranding Sample Sentences in News
- Cold-stunned turtles rehabilitated in New Orleans, released
Suzanne Smith, Stranding & Rescue Coordinator of Marine Mammals & Sea Turtles for the Audubon Nature Institute, releases an endangered Kemp's ridley sea turtle, which was rescued in New England, and rehabilitated by the institute, into the Gulf of Mexico, 24 miles off the coast of Louisiana, Monday, Jan. 2, 2012. The institute released nearly two dozen of the Read more on this news related to 'Stranding'
- EU Risks Stranding Gas Investments as Bloc Builds Pipelines
European Union countries are at risk of stranding natural gas investments as they build pipelines between nations amid declining demand, according to an energy trading industry group. Read more on this news related to 'Stranding'
- Southwest Airlines fined $1.6 million for stranding passengers
Southwest Airlines has agreed to pay a $1.6-million fine, the largest penalty so far for stranding passengers on a delayed flight for more than three hours. Read more on this news related to 'Stranding'