Stranding Meaning and Definition in Dictionary
Would you like to add your own explaination to this word 'Stranding'?
Wikipedia Meaning and Definition on 'Stranding'
- Cetacean stranding: Cetacean stranding is a phenomenon when Cetacea (whales and some other members of that order) strand themselves on land, usually on a beach. Beached whales
- Preposition stranding: Preposition stranding, sometimes called P-stranding, is the syntactic construction in which a preposition with an object occurs somewhere other than immediately
- Marine Mammal Stranding Center: Marine Mammal Stranding Center (established in 1978) is a private non-profit organization located in Brigantine, New Jersey. The Stranding Center’s main
Stranding Sample Sentences in News
- Suicidal stranding may stay a mystery
The reason behind long-finned pilot whales stranding themselves in Bunbury Harbour on Monday might never be known. Read more on this news related to 'Stranding'
- Dozen whales die after Australia stranding
Twelve whales died on Monday after stranding themselves against a rocky breakwater on Australia's west coast, with experts working hard to save another four. The pod of long-finned pilot whales got into trouble in Bunbury harbour, 175 kilometres (110 miles) south of Perth, Western Australia's Department of Parks and Wildlife said. The department's natu Read more on this news related to 'Stranding'
- Lufthansa Strike Extended, Cancelling Hundreds Of Flights And Stranding Tens Of Thousands
Lufthansa pilots have extended a one-day strike, cancelling hundreds of flights and stranding tens of thousands of passengers on long-haul and short-haul flights alike. Read more on this news related to 'Stranding'