Stranding Meaning and Definition in Dictionary
Would you like to add your own explaination to this word 'Stranding'?
Wikipedia Meaning and Definition on 'Stranding'
- Cetacean stranding: The cetacean stranding is a phenomenon when Cetacea (whale s and some other members of that order) strand themselves on land, usually on a ...
- Preposition stranding: Preposition stranding, sometimes called P-stranding, is the syntactic construction in which a preposition with an object occurs somewhere ...
- Marine Mammal Stranding Center: The Marine Mammal Stranding Center (established in 1978) is a private non-profit ... They are the only marine stranding center in New Jersey ...
Stranding Sample Sentences in News
- Airline apologizes after canceling woman’s ticket, stranding her in Phoenix
DENVER, Colo. (KDVR) – Shari Weissman says she rushed to Phoenix after a family emergency. A few days later, she was told she couldn’t go home. “It was like I was in the Twilight Zone. I couldn’t believe what I was hearing,” Weissman told KDVR. The Denver native had just spent two days in Arizona attending […] Read more on this news related to 'Stranding'
- Spirit Airlines apolgizes for canceling Denver woman’s flight, stranding her in Phoenix
DENVER — She really did fly to Phoenix. That’s what 53-year-old Shari Weissman tried to convince a Spirit Airlines ticket agent Tuesday morning to no avail. “It was like I was in the Twilight Zone. I couldn`t believe what I was hearing,” said Weissman. The Denver native had just spent two days in Phoenix attending […] Read more on this news related to 'Stranding'
- Sweden's military investigates 'suspicious underwater activity'
STOCKHOLM (Reuters) - Sweden's military said on Friday it was searching an area of the sea around the Stockholm archipelago after a report on "suspicious underwater activity". The search in the Baltic Sea evokes memories in Sweden of the stranding in 1981 of the Soviet submarine U137 deep inside Swedish waters, which sparked intense suspicion about t Read more on this news related to 'Stranding'