Dictionary Meaning and Definition on 'Sterilization'
Sterilization Meaning and Definition from WordNet (r) 2.0
- the act of making an organism barren or infertile (unable to reproduce) [syn: sterilisation]
- the procedure of making some object free of live bacteria or other microorganisms (usually by heat or chemical means) [syn: sterilisation]
- Sterilization \Ster`il*i*za"tion\, n. (Biol.)
The act or process of sterilizing, or rendering sterile;
also, the state of being sterile.
Wikipedia Meaning and Definition on 'Sterilization'
- Sterilization: Sterilization can refer to: ... Compulsory sterilization , where the government forces particular members of society to undergo the procedure ...
- Sterilization (microbiology): Sterilization (or sterilisation, see spelling differences ) is a term referring to ... Glass bead sterilizer, once a common sterilization ...
- Compulsory sterilization: Compulsory sterilization (or sterilisation) also known as forced sterilization programs are government policies which attempt to force ...
- Sterilization (surgical procedure): Sterilization (also spelled sterilisation) is a surgical technique leaving a male ... Common sterilization methods include: Vasectomy in ...
- Sterilization (economics): Sterilization in macroeconomics refers to the actions taken by a country's central ... Most often sterilization is used in the context of a ...
- Soil steam sterilization: Soil steam sterilization (soil steaming) is a farming technique that sterilizes soil with steam in open fields or greenhouses. ...
- Post-consumer resin sterilization: Post-consumer resin sterilization is the process of sterilizing recycled plastics which have been turned back into pelletized resin for use ...
Words and phrases related to 'Sterilization'
Sterilization Sample Sentences in News
- Ann Arbor VA director says hospital has 'high integrity' sterilization unit
Top staff at the Ann Arbor VA Health System said they believe their sterilization unit has never had major deficiencies and that a recent letter from the Office of Special Counsel to President Barack Obama casts the hospital in an unfairly negative light. Read more on this news related to 'Sterilization'
- Avivagen Options Technology for Permanent and Non-Surgical Sterilization of Female Mammals
Ottawa, ON / ACCESSWIRE / July 10 2014 / Avivagen Inc. (TSXV: VIV), a wellness company developing and delivering products that support and enhance the health and quality of life for animals and the people ... Read more on this news related to 'Sterilization'
- Summit Medical, Inc. Receives FDA 510(k) Clearance for Additional Sterilization Cycles
Summit Medical, Inc., striving to maintain their top spot in the medical device industry has achieved yet another goal. They are amongst few in the marketplace to gain FDA clearance for sterilization methods on their state of the art instrument protection trays. Read more on this news related to 'Sterilization'