Dictionary Meaning and Definition on 'Sterilization'
Sterilization Meaning and Definition from WordNet (r) 2.0
- the act of making an organism barren or infertile (unable to reproduce) [syn: sterilisation]
- the procedure of making some object free of live bacteria or other microorganisms (usually by heat or chemical means) [syn: sterilisation]
- Sterilization \Ster`il*i*za"tion\, n. (Biol.)
The act or process of sterilizing, or rendering sterile;
also, the state of being sterile.
Wikipedia Meaning and Definition on 'Sterilization'
- Sterilization: Sterilization can refer to: ... Compulsory sterilization , where the government forces particular members of society to undergo the procedure ...
- Sterilization (microbiology): Sterilization (or sterilisation, see spelling differences ) is a term referring to ... Glass bead sterilizer, once a common sterilization ...
- Compulsory sterilization: Compulsory sterilization (or sterilisation) also known as forced sterilization programs are government policies which attempt to force ...
- Sterilization (surgical procedure): Sterilization (also spelled sterilisation) is a surgical technique leaving a male ... Common sterilization methods include: Vasectomy in ...
- Sterilization (economics): Sterilization in macroeconomics refers to the actions taken by a country's central ... Most often sterilization is used in the context of a ...
- Soil steam sterilization: Soil steam sterilization (soil steaming) is a farming technique that sterilizes soil with steam in open fields or greenhouses. ...
- Post-consumer resin sterilization: Post-consumer resin sterilization is the process of sterilizing recycled plastics which have been turned back into pelletized resin for use ...
Words and phrases related to 'Sterilization'
Sterilization Sample Sentences in News
- The Market for Hospital-Acquired Infection Control (Sterilization, Disinfection, Testing and Treatment)
NEW YORK, Aug. 20, 2014 /PRNewswire/ -- Reportlinker.com announces that a new market research report is available in its catalogue: The Market for Hospital-Acquired Infection Control (Sterilization, Disinfection, ... Read more on this news related to 'Sterilization'
- Adesto Introduces Low Power, Sterilization-Tolerant Memory for Medical IoT Applications
Adesto Technologies, inventor and market leader of the world’s lowest power memory solutions, today announced the RM24EP family of sterilization-tolerant, low energy non-volatile m Read more on this news related to 'Sterilization'
- Avivagen Commences Study on Permanent and Non-Surgical Sterilization Technology
Ottawa, ON / ACCESSWIRE / Aug 13 2014 / Avivagen Inc. (TSXV: VIV, OTC Pink: CHEXF), a wellness company developing and delivering products that support and enhance the health and quality of life for animals ... Read more on this news related to 'Sterilization'