Statehood Meaning and Definition in Dictionary
Would you like to add your own explaination to this word 'Statehood'?
Wikipedia Meaning and Definition on 'Statehood'
- Statehood Day: Statehood Day may refer to: Statehood Day (Serbia) on February 15 in Serbia Statehood Day (Slovenia) on June 25 in Slovenia Statehood Day (Croatia) on
- D.C. Statehood Green Party: The D.C. Statehood Green Party, also known as the D.C. Statehood Party, is a leftwing political party in Washington, D.C. The party is the D.C. affiliate
- Alaska Statehood Act: The Alaska Statehood Act was signed by President Dwight D. Eisenhower on July 7, 1958, allowing Alaska to become the 49th U.S. state on January 3, 1959
- District of Columbia statehood movement: other uses, see New Columbia (disambiguation). The District of Columbia statehood movement is a political movement that advocates making the District of
- Statehood movement in Puerto Rico: The statehood movement in Puerto Rico refers to initiatives throughout the history of Puerto Rico aimed at changing the current political status of Puerto
Statehood Sample Sentences in News
- 6 questions about Washington, DC, statehood you were too disenfranchised to ask
A congressional spending deal will block the marijuana legalization initiative approved by roughly seven in 10 of Washington, DC, voters in November. But the measures passed on the same day in Alaska and Oregon don't require the same congressional approval — they'll just become law in a few months. It's a federal jurisdiction, so it falls under Con Read more on this news related to 'Statehood'
- Israel seeks U.S. block of Palestinian statehood drive
By Lesley Wroughton ROME (Reuters) - Israeli Prime Minister Benjamin Netanyahu on Monday sought assurances from U.S. Secretary of State John Kerry that Washington would block efforts by Palestinians and Europeans on Palestinian statehood. "Our expectation is that the United States will stand by its position for the past 47 years that a solution to the conflic Read more on this news related to 'Statehood'
- Netanyahu, in Rome, tries to forestall Palestinian statehood drive
Israeli Prime Minister Benjamin Netanyahu held a series of diplomatic consultations in Rome on Monday, attempting to build opposition to a planned Palestinian appeal to the United Nations for statehood. Read more on this news related to 'Statehood'