Dictionary Meaning and Definition on 'Statehood'
Statehood Meaning and Definition from Webster's Revised Unabridged Dictionary (1913)
- Statehood \State"hood\, n.
The condition of being a State; as, a territory seeking
Wikipedia Meaning and Definition on 'Statehood'
- List of U.S. states by date of statehood: This is a list of U.S. states by date of statehood, that is, the date when each U.S. state joined the Union . Although the first 13 ...
- D.C. Statehood Green Party: The D.C. Statehood Green Party, also known as the D.C. Statehood Party, is a political party in Washington, D.C. The party is the D.C. ...
Words and phrases related to 'Statehood'
Statehood Sample Sentences in News
- Putin urges talks on "political organisation and statehood" in east Ukraine
* Kremlin: Statehood not goal, region should stay in Ukraine * Putin says cannot stand by on Ukraine conflict Aug 31 (Reuters) - President Vladimir Putin called on Sunday for meaningful talks between pro-Russian rebels in eastern Ukraine and the Kiev government on issues including "political organisation and statehood" to protect people living there. Ask Read more on this news related to 'Statehood'
- Russia's Putin seeks 'statehood' talks on east Ukraine
Moscow and Kiev representatives will meet in Minsk Monday after Russian President Vladimir Putin raised the stakes in the Ukraine conflict by calling for statehood to be discussed for the restive east of the former Soviet state. Putin's remarks on Sunday came just hours after the European Union gave Moscow -- which the bloc accuses of direct involvement in the Read more on this news related to 'Statehood'
- Putin's 'statehood' gambit raises stakes in east Ukraine
By Mark Trevelyan MOSCOW (Reuters) - A shift in President Vladimir Putin's language on the conflict in eastern Ukraine reflects a transformation in the situation on the battlefield and sounds a warning to Kiev to negotiate sooner rather than later. Putin's spokesman Dmitry Peskov was quick to tell journalists that the Kremlin leader was not demanding indep Read more on this news related to 'Statehood'