Dictionary Meaning and Definition on 'Sprawled'
Sprawled Meaning and Definition from WordNet (r) 2.0
adj : spread out irregularly; "sat sprawled in the big armchair";
"the sprawling suburbs"; "a big sprawly city" [syn: sprawling,
- Sprawl \Sprawl\ (spr[add]l), v. i. [imp. & p. p. Sprawled
(spr[add]ld); p. pr. & vb. n. Sprawling.] [OE. spraulen;
cf. Sw. sprattla to sprawl, dial. Sw. spralla, Dan.
sp[ae]lle, spr[ae]lde, D. spartelen, spertelen, to flounder,
- To spread and stretch the body or limbs carelessly in a horizontal position; to lie with the limbs stretched out ungracefully.
Wikipedia Meaning and Definition on 'Sprawled'
Words and phrases related to 'Sprawled'
Sprawled Sample Sentences in News
- Vandals target church in spray paint attack – then sign their names to it
The graffiti was sprawled across the walls, door and graveyard wall of Walker Parish Church in Newcastle Read more on this news related to 'Sprawled'
- Graniteville water tower vandalized
People in Graniteville are looking for who loves Jenny. Sprawled across the water tower in the small town is graffiti expressing the sentiment and people living in the area want something done Read more on this news related to 'Sprawled'
- Rumson students get visit from contemporary artist Dumitru Gorzo
Sprawled across the stage of the Holy Cross gymnasium in Rumson recently were 400 canvases of 'heads,' vibrant and multi-colored abstracts that were painted by the entire student body. Read more on this news related to 'Sprawled'