Dictionary Meaning and Definition on 'Spool'
Spool Meaning and Definition from WordNet (r) 2.0
n : a winder around which thread or tape or film or other
flexible materials can be wound [syn: bobbin, reel]
- transfer data intended for a peripheral device (usually a printer) into temporary storage
- wind onto a spool or a reel
- Spool \Spool\, n. [OE. spole, OD. spoele, D. spoel; akin to G.
spule, OHG. spuola, Dan. & Sw. spole.]
A piece of cane or red with a knot at each end, or a hollow
cylinder of wood with a ridge at each end, used to wind
thread or yarn upon.
Spool stand, an article holding spools of thread, turning
on pins, -- used by women at their work.
- Spool \Spool\, v. t. [imp. & p. p. Spooled; p. pr. & vb. n.
To wind on a spool or spools.
Wikipedia Meaning and Definition on 'Spool'
- Spool: Spool can mean one of the following: Spool, a usually low-flanged or unflanged cylinder on which thread, wire, cable, paper, film, or tape ...
- Spooling: In computer science , spooling refers to a process of transferring data by placing it in a temporary working area where another program may ...
- Emma Spool: Emma Spool is a fictional character in the Psycho film series, created by Tom Holland for the screenplay of the 1982 sequel to the 1960 ...
- Spool knitting: Spool knitting, corking, or French knitting is a form of knitting that uses a spool and four nails to produce a narrow tube of fabric. ...
- Karlsson Spools: Karlsson Spools AB is a Swedish-based manufacturer of spools for hydraulic valves that are used in hydraulic machinery . the spools are part ...
- Tetrapod Spools: Tetrapod Spools was a Encinitas, California , USA based independent record label founded in Oak Park, Illinois in 1969 by Louie Easley ...
- Spool heel: A spool heel is a heel that is wide at the top and bottom and narrower in the middle so resembling a cotton reel Spool heels were ...