Spherical Meaning and Definition in Dictionary
Definitions from Wordnet 2.0
- having the shape of a sphere or ball; "a spherical object"; "nearly orbicular in shape"; "little globular houses like mud-wasp nests"- Zane Grey
- of or relating to spheres or resembling a sphere; "spherical geometry"
Would you like to add your own explaination to this word 'Spherical'?
Spherical Meaning and Definition in Wikipedia
A sphere is a shape in space that is like the surface of a ball. Most of the time, the terms ball and sphere are used as the same. But in mathematics, the precise (exact) definition only allows points in the 3 dimensional space which are uniformly and symmetrically located at a fixed length called radius of the sphere.
Examples of these are basketballs, superballs, and playground balls.
In other places sphere means the earth.
A sphere is the 3 dimensional analogue of a circle.
Words and phrases related to 'Spherical'
'Spherical' example sentence in quotations
* Stuart Would ya look at the size of that kid's head It's the size of a planetoid and it has it's own weather system Looks like an orange on a toothpick I'm not kidding, that boy's head is like Sputnik spherical but quite pointy at parts He'll be crying himself to sleep tonight, on his huge pillow. - So I Married an Axe Murderer
Click here for more related quotations on 'Spherical'
Spherical Sample Sentences in News
- Pumpkin geometry: stunning shadow sculptures that illuminate an ancient mathematical technique
Henry Segerman and Saul Schleimer paint beautiful shadows based on the maths of stereographic projection, a method originally used by cartographers to map the Earth Like a Halloween pumpkin, the hollow sphere casts a dramatic shadow across the room. The curved lines on the spherical shell magically produce a grid of perfect squares. It would make for an amazing la Read more on this news related to 'Spherical'
- Ricoh's Theta gets spherical video capabilities
Ricoh has announced that its Theta 360-degree pocket camera is about to get some new siblings. The new Thetas are very similar in design and capabilities to the original that Gizmag reviewed last year , but have an extra trick to show off – the m15 models can now shoot video... Continue Reading Ricoh's Theta gets spherical video capabilities Section: Digital Read more on this news related to 'Spherical'
- Shoot 360-degree omnidirectional videos with Ricoh's Theta m15 camera
If you’re into action sports, Ricoh has a new camera that can film your moves in 360 degrees. The Theta m15 is a slender handheld shooter with a spherical lens that can shoot omnidirectional videos up to three minutes long. By adding video, it improves upon the previous Theta, which Ricoh described last year as the only consumer device that can take 360-degree p Read more on this news related to 'Spherical'