Dictionary Meaning and Definition on 'Spherical'
- of or relating to spheres or resembling a sphere; "spherical geometry" [ant: nonspherical]
- having the shape of a sphere or ball; "a spherical object"; "nearly orbicular in shape"; "little globular houses like mud-wasp nests"- Zane Grey [syn: ball-shaped, global, globose, globular, orbicular, spheric]
- Spherical \Spher"ic*al\, Spheric \Spher"ic\, a. [L. sphaericus,
Gr. ???: cf. F. sph['e]rique.]
- Having the form of a sphere; like a sphere; globular; orbicular; as, a spherical body.
- Of or pertaining to a sphere.
- Of or pertaining to the heavenly orbs, or to the sphere or spheres in which, according to ancient astronomy and astrology, they were set. Knaves, thieves, and treachers by spherical predominance. --Shak. Though the stars were suns, and overburned Their spheric limitations. --Mrs. Browning. Spherical angle, Spherical co["o]rdinate, Spherical excess, etc. See under Angle, Coordinate, etc. Spherical geometry, that branch of geometry which treats of spherical magnitudes; the doctrine of the sphere, especially of the circles described on its surface. Spherical harmonic analysis. See under Harmonic, a. Spherical lune,portion of the surface of a sphere included between two great semicircles having a common diameter. Spherical opening, the magnitude of a solid angle. It is measured by the portion within the solid angle of the surface of any sphere whose center is the angular point. Spherical polygon,portion of the surface of a sphere bounded by the arcs of three or more great circles. Spherical projection, the projection of the circles of the sphere upon a plane. See Projection. Spherical sector. See under Sector. Spherical segment, the segment of a sphere. See under Segment. Spherical triangle,re on the surface of a sphere, bounded by the arcs of three great circles which intersect each
Wikipedia Meaning and Definition on 'Spherical'
Spherical is a laser-engineering and design company founded in 2006. Its products include customised goods that can be used for corporate representation, gifts, office equipment, signage, award plaques and many more. Its services include logo design, document design (brochures, fliers, etc), and product photos.
Spherical focuses primarily on customisation, creating something with a particular client in mind. According to the company’s philosophy: Spherical is a company with a sense of duty to improve and generate business from inspired ideas that make sense… creating dynamic innovation for a dynamic world!
Spherical provides products and services that can be classified into 2 main categories:
Since its inception, Spherical has been involved in many benevolent projects sponsoring such things as educational development, charitable foundations as well as individuals in need.[See more about Spherical at Dictionary 3.0 Encyclopedia]
Words and phrases related to 'Spherical'
'Spherical' in famous quotation sentence
* Stuart Would ya look at the size of that kid's head It's the size of a planetoid and it has it's own weather system Looks like an orange on a toothpick I'm not kidding, that boy's head is like Sputnik spherical but quite pointy at parts He'll be crying himself to sleep tonight, on his huge pillow. - So I Married an Axe Murderer
Click here for more related quotations on 'Spherical'
Spherical Sample Sentences in News
- Shaffer Spherical 11"5M
- Spherical Development: A Conversation With Nicole Mitchell
While the Kennedy Center can proudly claim to have presented a broad spectrum of female artists in its annual Mary Lou Williams Women in Jazz Festival , the avant-garde hasn't been greatly represented there. That changes this year. Read more on this news related to 'Spherical'
- UFO Believers? Spherical Object Hovers Over Fresno Sky
It's a mystery that hung over the Fresno sky Tuesday afternoon. Several Fresno residents reported seeing a bright, spherical-shaped object in the sky. The low-hovering object remained visible for hours. Read more on this news related to 'Spherical'