Dictionary Meaning and Definition on 'Spherical'
- of or relating to spheres or resembling a sphere; "spherical geometry" [ant: nonspherical]
- having the shape of a sphere or ball; "a spherical object"; "nearly orbicular in shape"; "little globular houses like mud-wasp nests"- Zane Grey [syn: ball-shaped, global, globose, globular, orbicular, spheric]
- Spherical \Spher"ic*al\, Spheric \Spher"ic\, a. [L. sphaericus,
Gr. ???: cf. F. sph['e]rique.]
- Having the form of a sphere; like a sphere; globular; orbicular; as, a spherical body.
- Of or pertaining to a sphere.
- Of or pertaining to the heavenly orbs, or to the sphere or spheres in which, according to ancient astronomy and astrology, they were set. Knaves, thieves, and treachers by spherical predominance. --Shak. Though the stars were suns, and overburned Their spheric limitations. --Mrs. Browning. Spherical angle, Spherical co["o]rdinate, Spherical excess, etc. See under Angle, Coordinate, etc. Spherical geometry, that branch of geometry which treats of spherical magnitudes; the doctrine of the sphere, especially of the circles described on its surface. Spherical harmonic analysis. See under Harmonic, a. Spherical lune,portion of the surface of a sphere included between two great semicircles having a common diameter. Spherical opening, the magnitude of a solid angle. It is measured by the portion within the solid angle of the surface of any sphere whose center is the angular point. Spherical polygon,portion of the surface of a sphere bounded by the arcs of three or more great circles. Spherical projection, the projection of the circles of the sphere upon a plane. See Projection. Spherical sector. See under Sector. Spherical segment, the segment of a sphere. See under Segment. Spherical triangle,re on the surface of a sphere, bounded by the arcs of three great circles which intersect each
Wikipedia Meaning and Definition on 'Spherical'
Spherical is a laser-engineering and design company founded in 2006. Its products include customised goods that can be used for corporate representation, gifts, office equipment, signage, award plaques and many more. Its services include logo design, document design (brochures, fliers, etc), and product photos.
Spherical focuses primarily on customisation, creating something with a particular client in mind. According to the company’s philosophy: Spherical is a company with a sense of duty to improve and generate business from inspired ideas that make sense… creating dynamic innovation for a dynamic world!
Spherical provides products and services that can be classified into 2 main categories:
Since its inception, Spherical has been involved in many benevolent projects sponsoring such things as educational development, charitable foundations as well as individuals in need.[See more about Spherical at Dictionary 3.0 Encyclopedia]
Words and phrases related to 'Spherical'
'Spherical' in famous quotation sentence
* Stuart Would ya look at the size of that kid's head It's the size of a planetoid and it has it's own weather system Looks like an orange on a toothpick I'm not kidding, that boy's head is like Sputnik spherical but quite pointy at parts He'll be crying himself to sleep tonight, on his huge pillow. - So I Married an Axe Murderer
Click here for more related quotations on 'Spherical'
Spherical Sample Sentences in News
- How stellar death can lead to twin celestial jets
Astronomers know that while large stars can end their lives as violently cataclysmic supernovae, smaller stars end up as planetary nebulae -- colorful, glowing clouds of dust and gas. In recent decades these nebulae, once thought to be mostly spherical, have been observed to often emit powerful, bipolar jets of gas and dust. But how do spherical stars evolve to pr Read more on this news related to 'Spherical'
- Bipolar Jets Of Gas, Dust Created By Small Planetary Nebulae
April Flowers for redOrbit.com - Your Universe Online Large stars can end their lives as violently cataclysmic supernovae . Small stars, in contrast, end up as planetary nebulae —colorful, glowing clouds of dust and gas. These nebulae were once thought to be mostly spherical. In the last few decades, however, they have been observed to often emit powerful, bipol Read more on this news related to 'Spherical'
- Video: 'Creating a star on Earth' at Princeton Plasma Physics Laboratory
The video highlights the PPPL's National Spherical Torus Experiment Read more on this news related to 'Spherical'